NEurope
Goafer

Drinking

Do people ever wonder why you run 2 cars? What do you tell these people?

I'm doing my bit to fight communism.

It's people like you Goafer which makes me mess up the quiz question about how many people there are per car in the world. An actual question at the pub quiz last Sunday. I hope you're fucking happy.

I'm going to agree with almost everything you said there. I saw almost because quite a lot of places I go sell cheap draught coke/lemonade.

Which alot I said! Why does noone agree with me anymore! :red:

It's people like you Goafer which makes me mess up the quiz question about how many people there are per car in the world. An actual question at the pub quiz last Sunday. I hope you're fucking happy.

*looks at car keys*

Yup, quite.

*looks at car keys*

Yup, quite.

Seriously though, why the need for 2 cars? You're paying twice the tax, insurance and MOT even though you can only use one at a time. Unless you're married and your wife or child who uses the car.

I didn't have a fucking issues. I do now, fuck you people for taking this the wrong way.

Chill out man. Maybe you should have a drink or something to calm you down!

I spent most of yesterday drinking, and apart from the fact I'm a little poorer now than I was before, I generally had a bloody good time. I'll admit, I don't feel so great now...but meh. As for me and soft drinks, if I start drinking coke or sweet fizzy drinks, I'll end up drinking through them just as fast, if not faster, than I would regular alcoholic beverages. I used to be a terrible sugar fiend, and that's why all I basically drink now is water tea and alcohol.

Does anyone make thier own drink?

I am fermenting 10 Litres of cider right now just for the hell of it. I also made some silver birch wine earlier in the year which tasted awesome.

That sounds awesome, I've always wanted to try and make my own batch of something, but I don't really know where to start or anything. How did you get into it?

Chill out man. Maybe you should have a drink or something to calm you down!

Lol brilliant... :bowdown:

-------------

Seriously though, there's nothing wrong with drinking in moderation, just don't go overboard/alcoholic etc.

Seriously though, why the need for 2 cars? You're paying twice the tax, insurance and MOT even though you can only use one at a time. Unless you're married and your wife or child who uses the car.

No particular reason other than I like cars and driving a whole bunch. I have my Scirocco for every day driving and the MR2 for fun at the weekend. The MR2 isn't really an every day car since it's just not practical (small boot, not great on fuel, no rear seats, roof leaks).

I'd much rather spend my money on a second lot of tax and insurance than alcohol (back on topic, see what I did there?). I have more fun driving than I do drinking and I like the variety of 2 cars (1 is faster and more comfortable, 1 is fun due to its basic retroness).

Drink driving is for cunts.

Although I imagine it would be fun in a field or something.

I figured you were joking BTW. Just something I strongly disagree with (the drink driving, not you joking about it. Jokes are fun).

Everyone I have ever known in my life has died in drink driving related accidents, so no I don't find jokes about them funny.

In that case, I have died in a drink driving accident. If I'm cool with drink driving jokes, you should be too.

Bow to my flawless logic.

Everyone I have ever known in my life has died in drink driving related accidents, so no I don't find jokes about them funny.

I second this. Anyone who thinks driving under the influence is okay deserves to be the one that dies in such an accident, not the innocent passer by or oncoming car they hit.

Edited by Slaggis

Agreed. I don't know how people can drink drive on even the legal limit (like a unit or 2?) because I know I'm not gonna be paying as much attention on that much alcohol. I am a lightweight yes, but I still feel like alcohol consumption before driving should be banned ENTIRELY.

Its easy enough to kill someone, with just a simple mistake, without adding alcohol to the risk. =(

Sorry, but you're hardly in any position to make a statement like that when you throw out AIDS/rape jokes and other such comments that might have affected other people in their life.

I second this. Anyone who thinks driving under the influence is okay deserves to be the one that dies in such an accident, not the innocent passer bye or oncoming car they hit.

Second the joke?

"Everyone I have ever known in my life has died in drink driving related car accidents"

Sorry, but you're hardly in any position to make a statement like that when you throw out AIDS/rape jokes and other such comments that might have affected other people in their life.

It is a joke though is everyone misreading it or did Rez mistype?

I also agree with the statements that everyone sane agrees with. I also find the need to post such thoughts, because they're clearly interesting and further the topic greatly.

I'm confused. Did anyone in this thread actually say that they don't mind drink driving (and were actually serious)? I said I don't mind jokes about it, but that's it.

I am a lightweight yes, but I still feel like alcohol consumption before driving should be banned ENTIRELY.

But you cant really do that because things like mouthwash for example contain alcohol, not enough to get you pissed but it would show up on a breathalyser. So if it was 0 tollerance pretty much anybody the police stop would fail the test.

How did you make the wine?

After drinking it did this happen?

http://i36.tinypic.com/rk1vn4.gif

Haha yeah that clip is pretty accurate actually. Its the weirdest drink I have ever made felt drunk one moment then fine the next was alot of fun. You have to tap the birch trees in march before they grow thier leaves as that is when the sap rises.

You get a knife tap it into the tree about a cm. Then carve a wedge on a stick and put it into the gap so the sap it runs off into your container instead of down the trunk. You can get about of gallon of sap from each tree without hurting it at all.

You then add some lemons and sugar and put it in an airtight container with an airlock and wait for a month or two.

That sounds awesome, I've always wanted to try and make my own batch of something, but I don't really know where to start or anything. How did you get into it?

I make cider for a living :P. Dont let put you off though it really is very easy. What kind of thing do you want to make? Then I can tell you how to make it :smile:

Anything other than wine/spirits just sobers me up/does nothing, I've come to realise.

Second the joke?

"Everyone I have ever known in my life has died in drink driving related car accidents"

I thought it was simple enough. :(