NEurope
Goafer

Drinking

I thought it was simple enough. :(

Hm, it was perhaps not that obvious. I dunno. I didn't get it at first, but I am not always the best at "getting" humour in written form - cue a very embarrassing episode recently because of a letter ... -_-' Still, I don't seem to be the only one who didn't get it.

The problem was no oone actually read the comment properly they scanned it and they saw what they wanted to see eg

Everyone I have known who has drunk driven has died so I am against it.

Anything other than wine/spirits just sobers me up/does nothing, I've come to realise.

You're a medical marvel!

If I ever want to get hideously drunk, I literally just need to have a glass of wine with any other kind of alcoholic drink. I don't know why wine has such an effect on me, but I love that it does. Makes nights in with a bottle of wine so cheap.

I'm stunningly literal.

Marry me!

In alcohol related news, had some sparkling rose wine today it was horrid. Should have refused it and had a g and t what was I thinking. Although I had a nice rose sparkling wine on V day once.

Thursday was Arthur's 250th birthday and they were giving out free guiness on the street.

TO ARTHUR!

I have an italian passport but I live in Ireland. Drinking age in Ireland is 18 and in italy there isn't one (16 to drink in public places).

I was told by my friend today that I can drink in Ireland under age if I have the italian passport because it's my country's rules that apply. Is this true?

Our house-Mead is pretty much ready. Honey, oranges and sparce spices. We're getting an alcoholometer thingum on the weekend, but it's definitely strong, maybe 15%. We just got a new 5 gallon keg, too, so we'll be able to make two and a half times what we made already...

No. It's the laws of the country that you're in that you have to follow.

What he said. See: The USA. 21 drinking age, they dont care where you come from.

What he said. See: The USA. 21 drinking age, they dont care where you come from.

Well he was telling me about Irish people who went to the USA and drank while being 18. I guess it was just false information then.

Some states in America have a drinking age of 18, it's a state thing rather than a federal thing so can vary.

Thursday was Arthur's 250th birthday and they were giving out free guiness on the street.

TO ARTHUR!

FREE GUINNESS?!

Wish my street did that :(. GUINNESS FTW! There's nothing better. I don't like any other drinks ever since I started to drink Guinness, haven't found a better drink.

TO ARTHUR! :bouncy:

Dude called Arthur Guinness invented the drink. If he was somehow alive, then he would've been 250 years old on thisarthurdaywhatever.