NEurope
Paj!

MUSIC WARZ 2 - Rules/Selection Thead

My choices:

Werewolf - CocoRosie

Emily - Joanna Newsom

Battlestations - Fight Like Apes

All 3 were in my top 15 list I made whenr trying to decide what songs to include.

I'm in so aflurry about Liz Phair, since I love DOF7V, but it might seem too much like an interlude to stand a chance against more fully-formed songs. I considered Never Said (the obvious) and Stratford-Upon-Guy. Thoughts, chair (or anyone else familar)? (I could always just use my favourite from the self-titles album...)

I'm getting my tracks ready now. Calling dibs on Muse, yo.

Haha I knew you would :D hence again... I didn't nominate Muse however tempting it was :heh: anyway glad you've called dibs because I know you'll make a good choice of track for sure. :)

1. Elvis Costello - Shipbuilding - Wanted to put this in the last game but was denied by amount of entries restraints. Boo!

spotify:track:2oSXcrxd63zXNcmBivTRaR

2. MK Ultra - Muse - Going for a new Muse song instead of an oldie to put a bit of a spin on things. Didn't want to choose one that was a classic so that people might discover the new album somewhat.

3. One Day Robots Will Cry - Cobra Starship - My wild card in to the event. Not sure how this will perform at all but I'd like to get to know other peoples opinions on it.

and spotify:track:76ohTRgQXmyTJrt8rgMbH2

(Changed my third selection to Friend of Ours by Elbow.)

Tada! I'd love to be able to enter two more, very different tracks too but this'll do.

Edited by Dyson

2. MK Ultra - Muse - Going for a new Muse song instead of an oldie to put a bit of a spin on things. Didn't want to choose one that was a classic so that people might discover the new album somewhat.

Interesting choice / reasoning :) I respect your decision but still... I can't help but feel if Muse only get to be in it once then Plug In Baby would be the track to choose but yes that would have been a little too obvious. :heh:

This new Music Warz is already becoming very interesting indeed. :D

Oh, if Resistance wasn't out it's have been a very tough call indeed. But hence why I've gone for three very alternative songs from the artists I've chosen! :D

I'm in. Here are my three songs. If there's any problems with them, then just say. These are three personal favourites, and in all honesty I'm not expecting them to do amazingly well. They're probably not what many would first think of when they think "great songs."

Jesus and Mary Chain - Just Like Honey

Bloc Party - So Here We Are

and finally...

Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart

The sound quality isn't particularly amazing. But, hopefully it'll be ok. All three of these are personal favourites. I had trouble just choosing three, but I'll save some for future games.

I think these three songs represent a big part of my life, and I consider them to be very important. Like Everlong, I believe I think of these as more than just songs. There's so many memories I have attached to these. Hopefully people will like them.

Right here are mine:

Róisín Murphy - Dear Miami

The Kills - Tape Song

Simian Mobile Disco - Cruel Intentions feat. Beth Ditto

EDIT: Changed my mind. My third choice is now:

Eisley - Trolley Wood

Edited by Razz

of the Roisin songs I was gonna include myself, it was a toss-up between Dear Miami and Sow Into You. Glad to see her represented. :) and The Kills too! Love.

All 3 were in my top 15 list I made whenr trying to decide what songs to include.

I'm in so aflurry about Liz Phair, since I love DOF7V, but it might seem too much like an interlude to stand a chance against more fully-formed songs. I considered Never Said (the obvious) and Stratford-Upon-Guy. Thoughts, chair (or anyone else familar)? (I could always just use my favourite from the self-titles album...)

Yeah DOT7V is too insubstantial as a stand-alone song.

Quickly choose Johnny Sunshine.

EDIT: You kindof have to know she's good to beknow the song's full awesomeness though.

Yeah DOT7V is too insubstantial as a stand-alone song.

Quickly choose Johnny Sunshine.

EDIT: You kindof have to know she's good to beknow the song's full awesomeness though.

I'm so scared. Yeah. Listening to the album now, Seven Veils is such a stunner, but as a bridge.

Sunshine is the same though, over half is here chanting. Which is good, but not out of context. Mesmerizing maybe. That's a stunner. Could just do Shatter and be honest with ourselves.

Edited by Paj!

Just choose Rocket's Tail, and be done with it.

*claps*

How did you know it was on my Top 15? The only Kate Bush song as well.

But no. I need Liz in this.

*claps*

Because I've met Telepathe.

Ok. I need Maybe Angels by Sheryl Crow. Instead of Werewolf?

And I could need to nominate Schism by Tool.

*claps*

Besides, I've allready got Kate Bush covered. :)

I really wanted to nominated Lumpy Dough but I thought with chair's it might be overkill. I'm not sure I like Battlestations yet. The beginning sounds like it's going to be a completely different song and I don't gel with it.

I listened to the album today, and I still love Digifucker the most. Especially when combined with the video.

Made by art students, but then endorsed by the band themselves. Brilliant!

I really wanted to nominated Lumpy Dough but I thought with chair's it might be overkill. I'm not sure I like Battlestations yet. The beginning sounds like it's going to be a completely different song and I don't gel with it.

Hmmm... Lumpy Dough is technically better as a song, but the bit where she screams is much better in Battlestations.

I might swap Battlestations out for Schism anyway.

I listened to the album today, and I still love Digifucker the most. Especially when combined with the video.

Made by art students, but then endorsed by the band themselves. Brilliant!

I might have to nominate that instead!

Basically Fight Like Apes is a great band.

---------

I'm itching for someone to nominate Dog Days Are Over by Florence & The Machine. One of the best songs of 2009. But I have too much on my agenda already!

-------------

My revised nominations:

Emily - Joanna Newsom

Digifucker - Fight Like Apes

Schism - Tool

I'm itching for someone to nominate Dog Days Are Over by Florence & The Machine. One of the best songs of 2009. But I have too much on my agenda already!

My revised nominations:

Emily - Joanna Newsom

Digifucker - Fight Like Apes

Schism - Tool

Hmm Florence + The Machine has allready been nominated by Cube afaik but Drumming Song instead...

Glad you kept Joanna Newsom in your nominations :) I can't say I'm familiar with the other two bands so I'll reserve my judgement on those songs for as and when they appear.

Oh, if Resistance wasn't out it's have been a very tough call indeed. But hence why I've gone for three very alternative songs from the artists I've chosen! :D

Mmm, upon listening to The Resistance again today I can't help but feel that if any track from it should go in then it'd have to be Unnatural Selection but that'd just be my choice. :)

I do believe I'll join this again. I'll try to vote more too although I do believe my input was around the 50% mark first time round ( I hope anyway). Missed the finals though which sucks, I'd agree with the winner though, decent song.

Anyway, selections.....I'm going to take it back to the old school.

Yeah, it's Boney M, but I feel they need to be revived and hailed for the genius they produced. Classic disco tune sensitively handling Russian history.

Excellent 70's Reggae from Susan Cadogan. Great voice, great lyrics, great bassline, great track all round.

And finally some laid back hip-hop courtesy of De La Soul.

Contests like this hurt me. Do we really need to do this shit again?

Get out doucheface. Your kind (faces like a douche) aren't wanted round here.

Dont think any of these have been taken:

Aphex Twin - Vordhosbn

Pulp - This is Hardcore

The Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter

Edit: I'll add some linkage tomorrow.

Edited by Noodleman