NEurope
Rummy

Forum Telephone

So, Marcamillian linked me to this site(http://www.papertelephone.com/) and I thought it was quite an interesting little thing, would love to try and get it happening on the forum but it'll be a bit trickier than the regular. I think someone might have tried to do it before but it's hard to do because you have to hide the previous things from the next person. We've got two options therefore, to just do it publicly or...to do it with PMs!

The game to briefly explain, player 1 makes up a phrase, player 2 draws a picture, player 3 then has only that picture and captions it, then player 4 gets only that caption and draws a picture etcetc. It's easier to do irl, cos you can fold the paper down and stuff, but it's a bit harder to fold a thread up.

So, I'm thinking if people are in for this, and actually in for this, they post here. People who are gonna drop out and lose interest won't help things, and is a bit of a hassle to fix. Anyhow, once we have a few people, I'll set out a list for the order of play. Person 1 will make their caption and PM it to person 2, who does a picture and PMs it to person 3 etcetc. All PMs should be CC'd to me, so I have a copy of everything, and I'll start to post things at a staggered rate for the rest of the forum to see, or if people rather(and to stop people down the line seeing old entries if it's a really long line) we'll play one game, then I'll post the first as we venture along in the second. Does any of this make sense??

EDIT: Forgot to mention, l33t drawing skills not neccessary. It can be a scribble in paint, or a doodle on some paper that's scanned/photo'd, but I'm thinking to impost a dimension limit of like...640x480 or so?

For newcomers:

Basically we play by sending a PM to the next person, which contains a picture and a caption, completely independant and unrelated to each other. For the picture, you then make a caption, and for the caption you then make a picture, and forward it on to the next person. To give you some ideas, here are the past games we've had :)

Past Games!

Well ok, this didn't work quite like that, we only had one game runnning.

Rummy:

'Come in here dear boy and have a cigar!'

Marcamillian:

Call1-1.png

Diageo:

'Cubans are now selling cigars in warehouses to innocent British schoolchildren. '

Nintendohnut(apologies for the size, but I didn't wish to scale down his brilliance):

forumtelephone.jpg

MoogleViper:

"A revolutionary building."

Cube:

hni0045.jpg

jayseven:

'It's like hypercube, only conical! '

ReZourceman:

FOrumPhone.jpg

SPAMBOT4000:

'The blueprints for the 4 dimensional dildo spike were coming along swimmingly.'

Play order: Rummy, Diageo, Marcamillian, MoogleViper, Nintendohnut, jayseven, Cube, ReZourceman, SPAMBOT4000, Dyson, Jimbob.

Game A:

'An apple a day keeps the doctor away'

Apple-a-day.jpg

'Doctors don't care for mutant apples'

169ca03a36.jpg

'But if your head is an apple, then ain't no doctor every coming back.'

01102009005.jpg

'A story about...not a normal man...no, but the Apple-Headed Man, and his visit to the cross doctor.'

98253374.jpg

'An apple a day keeps the students away, and the angry doctors closer.'

Students.jpg

---------------------------------------------------

Game B:

forumai.png

"Will you love me for this flower?"

Call2.png

'I left a rosebud in the U bend and I love it.'

adsfoighrpg.png

'My heart was flushed like a rose in the u-bend.'

ForumTel02.jpg

'He regretted the romantic gesture the moment the thorny rose disappeared up his ass... He'd been crapping blood for days before it finally came out.'

ft1.png

'Man would do anything for love, no matter how weird'

Play Order: Rummy, Dyson, Jimbob, ReZourceman, Marcamillian, Diageo, Cube, jayseven, MoogleViper, SPAMBOT4000, Nintendohnut.

Game C

Inspired by some DnB rocking at the time...

'Tough guys don't dance'

ft2.png

'Music is not for the angry'

ForumTel3.jpg

HULK DRUM!

001.jpg

The Drum Hulk Beat!

63007520.png

Don't make cans angry, you wouldn't like them when they're angry.

cokec.jpg

When a huge, huge man throws away and insults his coke can, the giant can gets ridiculously angry and goes on a house stomping rampage.

Game D

Inspired by someone suggesting me 'Fit as a Fiddle'...

forumtel.png

"The violin definitely had a strong sound."

strong.jpg

"Strong" Brand Amplifiers. The most suitable amplifier for Electric Band Camp.

Call3.png

Band camp's good for hardcore rockin'!

35281579834bdec2c75920f.jpg

The zombies resorted to throwing capsites at the beatles to get a good night's creep.

forumtelephone3.png

The sleep deprived Zombie chucked a whole load of WTF? over the giant-ladybird-fronted band that had started playing in his bedroom.

telephone.jpg

Play Order: ReZourceman, Paj Meen Ah, Marcamillian, Dannyboy, SPAMBOT4000, MoogleViper, jayseven, Jimbob, Dyson

Game F:

forumtelly.png

"His least favourite time was 11:59"

battybatyy.jpg

At 11pm Batman turns emo

N-ETelephoneGameE.jpg

Batman's possessed clock had successfully goaded him into killing himself :(

forumtelephone4.png

"Can't talk now, Robin, it's silly o-clock and I'm busy pulling my bladder out tongue-first"

gameE.png

Robin told Batman exactly where to shove his gay frying pan.

Game G:

'OH MY GOD IT'S A FUCKING DUCK!'

Forumtel4.jpg

Pope claims birds using condoms is what caused bird flu.

Call4.png

"The Pope announces that angels should be avoided as their wings may carry the avian flu."

86103441.gif

The pope decided to ban wings, which meant a bird plummeted to it's death, but the angel didn't listen even though he had B.O.

77229083.png

Bishop wings don't do justice for the effect of a bad smell.

ft3.png

I also love how a manky condom turned into an angel wing. That is why I love N-Europe.

Edited by Rummy

I did consider it, but can we actually trust people not to get a total mindblock or be really curious and have a look? Plus, it'd be tempting anyone else playing down the line, asking them not to look until after their turn...I dunno who'd manage to hold out!

Cmon people, let's get this happening! In theory, we could even do it with just 3 people, though the more is most certainly the merrier!

I think I'm up for this, although I'm not completely sure how it's going to work... I understand the game, but not how it will work on the forum. Anyway, I'm in.

I'm in, and I think we could handle it in spoiler tags, maybe just try it for the first one?

Or not it's your game ;)

Shutup! I'm here now, I spent the majority of my last few days on my roof, but now I return! So I'll start by editing the first post with a list of people and an order for play, but what I'd like to know from you guys.

In spoiler tags, or through PMs?? - Place votes nows!

(currently 1 in favour of each) Also, reason I was gonna go for PMs;

Yeah so I totally did this thread before :'(, albeit under a stupid title.

Yeah it failed, but it still hurts that you forget.

It failed as previously, though ftr I literally mentioned that someone tried it before in like the second sentence of my post. It hurts that you don't love me enough to read all of what I have to say :'(

Edited by Rummy
Automerged Doublepost

I wanna play! I don't care how it's played out though :) If it was done via PMs then surely we'd just see the end result posted in here? I think Spoilers give other forumites a chance to see what they're missing out on, and I think we'll be grown up enough not to 'cheat' -- and 'cheating' isn't really that big a deal with the game.

Haha, yeah, sure! I'm WAS going with an idea that Marcamillian proposed to me, but I fear a fatal flaw, so first round I am STILL going to do through PMs. All games need rules though, so here are the rules;

Da Rulez:

1. Title your PMs 'Forum Telephone!' It'll be a nice handy little thing if at the end you remind who you're PMing who they need to PM next, and remind them to CC to Rummy!

2. Once you recieve your PM(I understand people are busy) but try and write/draw up your round and send it on to the next person within a day or two, if not immediately/asap. Remember to CC every PM sent to ME, Rummy!. If there is no response to a recieved PM within 2days(which I'll know, given I'll have a copy of all PMs) then I'll forward the last received part of the game to the next person in the chain, and inform you that you're out but are free to be slotted in at the end of the current chain. Remember, artistic ability does not matter, so worry not.

2. Once you complete your response, as well as CCing it to me, just put a little post here saying 'forwaded to <playername>' just so people can see the game is actually moving, and we later know who went where sort of thing. Also, people will be able to know when their turn is coming up!

3. Uhhh, I realised this doesn't really need rules, and 2 is a silly number, 3 looks better. I started this post totally differnetly yet kept this silly format, now look what's happened. Anyhow, let's get playing! The order of play shall be as follows!

The Chain!

Marcamillian

Diageo

Nintendohnut

MoogleViper

Cube

jayseven

ReZourceman

SPAMBOT4000

If someone decides they want in, post here, I'll still stick you on the end of the chain!

Starting phrase has been forwarded to Marcamillian!Yes I failed my own rules and titled it Paper Telephone, ignore that bit...

Edited by Rummy