N-Europe

"I love you"

rizz

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could maybe understand if it was genuinely after each sentence but if it's an exaggeration and she was just telling you that she loves you a few times each day then that sounds a bit cold of you to just dismiss it... :sad:

But I don't know the circumstances so w/e ::shrug: just a shame when stuff like that happens.

At first I thought it was genuine but then I noticed she only said it when she was in front of her friends. She admitted it a few months later that it was because her friends pressured her or something so it turns out she never really meant it. It's cool though.

And when I said every sentence, I literally meant it. I remember having this one conversation where she was the worst, it never left my head. Her friends were with us as was mine and we were having some random conversation about a movie and she kept on saying stuff like "That movie was bad...not like my love for you" and "I love you too much" and stuff like that. At first, I never minded it but about a month later, after hearing it an awful lot. It sort of felt like she never really and I hated having that doubt in my mind. My mate has been dating his girlfriend for almost seven years now and they hardly say "I love you" because they both already know they love one another and to me, I think that's kinda cute and the right way to be.

Turns out, at the point when I told her she never had to tell me all the time, she planned to split up with me because she fancied one of my friends but she never told me. I noticed things weren't going well so she decided to end it with me. Part of me was relieved but another part was like "Oh, thanks" haha.

Edited by Animal

I wrote goodbye letters to people today.

At the end of Calum's letter, I wrote "Don't you dare do anything stupid - I care about you."

Feels so appropriate, because I know I think I love him, but have never been in love before so I don't know, so it's probably more accurate of my feelings. Plus, it feels so anti-cliche, and therefore more sincere.

At the end of Calum's letter, I wrote "Don't you dare do anything stupid - I care about you."

Feels so appropriate, because I know I think I love him, but have never been in love before so I don't know, so it's probably more accurate of my feelings. Plus, it feels so anti-cliche, and therefore more sincere.

But then perhaps he might be secretly disappointed by the fact you didn't say that? And if you think you do, I'd say chances are you probably do. Cliches aren't always that bad. I don't like how somethings these days are mislabelled as cliche when they're just not and thus people feel bad about conveying certain emotions or thoughts to others.

But then perhaps he might be secretly disappointed by the fact you didn't say that? And if you think you do, I'd say chances are you probably do. Cliches aren't always that bad. I don't like how somethings these days are mislabelled as cliche when they're just not and thus people feel bad about conveying certain emotions or thoughts to others.

I pretty much agree with that.

I think people are either too afraid to use the world Love or maybe they use it too much without thinking. Like DudeDazz's post "That movie was bad...but not like my love for you." That is a pure what the fuck moment.

I don't think anyone can ever tell you that what you feel is definitely love or not, or if it is just an extremely special bond or closeness or feeling that you have for a person. Most people would surely class that as love anyway, right?

For a day, I would love to live inside somebody else's head, to see or understand if their definition of the word Love is the same as mine.

It never sounded cliche to me, it sounded like you truly cared. As long as it's how you feel and you feel it's accurate, then you should feel like it's accurate. Many people have different meanings to what love feels like but I believe love is a unique feeling that you and no-one else can feel. I mean, people can love others in their own way. Honestly, if you THINK you love him, then you do. Other people might call it infactuation but what do they know until they actually feel it. It's not something that should be said over and over again, it should be something rarely said because it makes it that more special then you saying it every day. It should be something you know yourself and something they know too (if that made sense, lol).

That's my take on love anyway, lol.

It never sounded cliche to me, it sounded like you truly cared. As long as it's how you feel and you feel it's accurate, then you should feel like it's accurate. Many people have different meanings to what love feels like but I believe love is a unique feeling that you and no-one else can feel. I mean, people can love others in their own way. Honestly, if you THINK you love him, then you do. Other people might call it infactuation but what do they know until they actually feel it. It's not something that should be said over and over again, it should be something rarely said because it makes it that more special then you saying it every day. It should be something you know yourself and something they know too (if that made sense, lol).

That's my take on love anyway, lol.

I think maybe one of the reasons why he said that he thinks he loves him instead of saying that he does love him is that maybe a small part of him is confused and thinks that he may not love him. Because he isn't sure of what love is! Like I mentioned, I don't think you can ever be told what it is. You just go with what your heart tells you. If your heart tells you that you think you love this person, then go with that.

As for hearing it every day: I say it every day. I guess maybe the nature of my current relationship means that we rely a lot on words rather than physical contact. Sometimes you can just be close to somebody, look at them in a certain way, and that tells you that you love them or care for them. If you haven't quite got that, then being told it is nice. It shouldn't be said allll the time, but I don't think it does any harm to say it as long as you mean it.

Thanks for my letter by the way.

:blank:

Oh wait, my mum got one. Not me. (She cried btw, not even being sarcastic this time)

Thanks for my letter by the way.

:blank:

To be fair: How would I write it?

(She cried btw, not even being sarcastic this time)

To be fair, it was ridiculously sincere.

-----

Re: Love.

I'm abnormally attracted to everything he is, says, and does. Not necessarily in a sexual way (but often in a sexual way, lol (but then not in the same way I'm attracted to ridiculously attractive men (but that's just lust))), just more like that if he likes a curry or a certain dish, it tastes so much better.

But then, I can see myself forgetting him / getting over it so easily. I think I'd be rubbish in a marriage situation in that respect, because whilst not being unfaithful, I'd want to stray.

Edited by chairdriver
Automerged Doublepost

No need. All my albums are going to be improvised.

"Cunts for Catherine, Sour Milk for Sandie" by Chairdriver out on Monday 16th November.

"I love." - Jules Holland

"Stunning." - The Guardian

"I'd prefer he just wrote real songs." - Nelly Furtado and the Loveboat Big Band

10charhahahaha

John, I'm going to bed. It's been courageous, it's been warm, it's been big. And I prefer you now than I ever have in my whole lah-hyfe.

Much luck and love for Oxford. Have loads of fun.

I'm listening to Honestly OK by Dido for the first time in honour of you. After it's over your memory will disappear like tears in rain.

340x.jpg

The thread may now be re-railed.

He left for Oxford this morning, we won't meet again till Christmas, best friends etc.

:(

I cried my eyes out when Aquafire left for uni. We spent literally ALL time together since the year 2000 (school together, college together, all spare time together)

I was in the car with another friend of mine (special friend) and he bloody went and told EVERYONE that I balled it (not in a mean way) but it was just like "le sigh"

But thats fine. You probably didn't cry. Chairs the gay one.

(Is that an ok joke?)

But thats fine. You probably didn't cry. Chairs the gay one.

(Is that an ok joke?)

I didn't cry, my mum did. It's like...I'd prefer we all went off to live our lives. It would be worse If I had no friends and was just sitting in the house all day or something, but I'm having loads of fun at art school with loads of new friends, and Chair will have loads of fun with new friends in Oxford too. So it's all good.