NEurope
killer kirby

3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3)

Any trailer yet?

Nope, only scans from the magazine and the site going online.

I'm actually really looking forward to this purely because of the screens. When I play an RPG it has to look appealing and for me anime of any sort is a turn-off. Paper Mario was incredibly good, especially TTYD because I played that first and the thought behind all the animations and scenery was outstanding. Plus I loved the story even if it was primitive in a way.

I also loved Fallout 3, and that's not strictly an RPG but I like the elements of it.

I feel like I'm missing out on a lot of good games in the genre but it really is because I can't stand rubbish cartoon artistry. I would add '*runs*' on the end of the post but then what's the point? I just hate the stuff.

I feel like I'm missing out on a lot of good games in the genre but it really is because I can't stand rubbish cartoon artistry. I would add '*runs*' on the end of the post but then what's the point? I just hate the stuff.

It's not just anime style games now that I too am kind of getting sick of (I don't mind the art style but all fucking generic JRPG's have to have some gay ass Animu storyline)

But at the same time I am sick of HD games. Yeah it's awesome and all having the games looking prettier. But in the end they are the same game as before but with steroids. I get sick of the same shit now. This too me is what I have been wanting from a HD console perspective. Games to me have to feel like a game, not feel realistic, I want realism I'll go outside. Now as long as it's a game without cutscenes and get right into it I'll be :yay: (Oh yeah, and if you leave the game alone before pressing start they move the title up and text comes telling the story, now that would make my day)

This looks amazing. Easily the most impressive news I missed whilst away. Whens it out?! WANT IT NOW!

It's coming out in Japan in November 2009 for the PlayStation 3. I haven't heard any word on an American release yet, but I'm going to try to track down an answer, and when/if I hear anything, I'll get back to you here.

Source.

Was on page 2 ¬_¬

Won't there definitely be a version for HK/Korea/Asia? Those are normally in English.

Won't there definitely be a version for HK/Korea/Asia? Those are normally in English.

yeah true...always have english language.

I think people are going a bit overboard in here. The game certainly has a cool look to it, but in terms of actual game details there's very little known about it.

Going off the screenshots and story details I assume this will be a Zelda-styled action RPG which takes the piss out of the tropes of its inspiration, but even if all that turns out to be accurate it doesn't mean it'll be a good game. Maybe they'll release an awesome video soon that showcases a lot of interesting mechanics, but until then I'm not really sure you can say anything about it bar, "Nice screenshots."

Agreed, like i said, im gonna have to see it in motion but the premise is certainly there for a unique experience

I think people are going a bit overboard in here. The game certainly has a cool look to it, but in terms of actual game details there's very little known about it.

Going off the screenshots and story details I assume this will be a Zelda-styled action RPG which takes the piss out of the tropes of its inspiration, but even if all that turns out to be accurate it doesn't mean it'll be a good game. Maybe they'll release an awesome video soon that showcases a lot of interesting mechanics, but until then I'm not really sure you can say anything about it bar, "Nice screenshots."

See for me the look, coupled with good humour would make me put up with some slightly poor aspects of gameplay

Most likely, but if not, you can always request it from Atlus, I think if you get a lot of people requesting it they bring it out if they can. (They are bringing out Demon Soul and I am glad I did not buy the Asian copy since the US has a truckload of extra stuff along with the game :yay: )

And since this is another FROM SOFTWARE game, Atlus may try and bring it over to the US at lease ^_^

This looks more like the gameplay from Kings Field and Demon Soul, where perhaps at the start of the game you can swing and kill enemies and its ok, but later on you have to really time your attacks and be careful of the enemies as perhaps 1 or 2 hits from the enemy will be instant kill. This looks very old school, so I expect old school difficulty.

Edited by killer kirby

It's 'Demon's Souls' goddammit! I'm thinking this will likely get a release over here.

It's 'Demon's Souls' goddammit! I'm thinking this will likely get a release over here.

Oh settle down, no one even likes the letter 'S'. It outta be Demon Oul, or Demon'z Zoulz.

Oh settle down, no one even likes the letter 'S'. It outta be Demon Oul, or Demon'z Zoulz.

Don't give Ubi-soft ideas :heh: I'll call the PS3 P3 now, just to make dwarf happy

I want moar!! I need info for this game, it looks so good and I'd like to see some confirmation if the game will promise stuff that I want from it.

I want moar!! I need info for this game, it looks so good and I'd like to see some confirmation if the game will promise stuff that I want from it.

Don't you need to fix your PS3 first? Prices gone down on that yet?

I don't know, but I'll be calling them soon. Currently waiting for a HDD enclosure, although if I'm luckyI'll be able to get away with lying and get a free fix like a friend did.

I still want news for this though, I'll have the system up and running way before November when it comes out in Japan so more screens please. I'd like to know if there are more from H-o-T.

Here's the rest I nicked from neogaf :D

2a65w85.jpg

33namps.jpg

11b3vok.jpg

333g75s.jpg

2vjah44.jpg

2n6dy89.jpg

2nd playable character, a prince

giant octopus and bees

supersize ur sword, to Cloud's envy, by picking up apple dropped by mob

new weapons: boomerang, arrow and bomb

EDIT: Here's a couple more I found over on PSU forums.

dot3-1.jpg

dot4.jpg

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Fuck Uncharted and Heavy Rain, I want this! OK I'll stop detailing my excitement for it now.

I'm going to have to say this looks shit.

..and when I say that, I mean this looks THE shit.

I can't wait to see it in motion.

I'm willing to bet that the scene where it goes from 2D to 3D will be spectacular.

I'm willing to bet that the scene where it goes from 2D to 3D will be spectacular.

yeah guaranteed...

EDIT

146281-checkitoutitsafuckingskeletonguy.jpg

Firstly before I turn to quote mode, how awesome is that picture?! Look at the reflection, nice touches...

Last week, Colette brought us news of From Software's charmingly blocky new RPG, 3D Dot Game Heroes, which was set to be released in Japan sometime in November. Today, Dengeki Online reports the specific release date to be November 5th, with a price point of 7,140 Yen.

More interestingly, the article gives us a peek at the game's storyline. As you'll notice in some of the screenshots below, the tale begins in a traditional 2D setting. After a young hero seals away an ancient evil, (the game is intentionally filled with ironic RPG cliche), the people of the land begin to lose interest in their 2D world and eventually become unhappy. Driven by his desire to see the kingdom and its people restored to their former glory, the powerful king transforms the world into a realm of shiny, 3-dimensional beauty. Not long after, there's an "incident," and the hero's 3D quest begins.

Sounds horribly typical, but it knows it. That should be fun, and the only thing that could possibly make it any better is a skeleton. Thankfully, Silicon Studio are happy to oblige and as you can see above, the game features a f*cking skeleton. SCORE.

Still no word on whether this title will make its way stateside, (or whether we'll get to play as the skeleton, which would rule), but I'd be willing to bet there's enough of an audience here for it. In any case, we're keeping a close eye on this one and we'll let you know. Check out the gallery for a look at both the 2D and 3D versions of this charming new world. Also, the skeleton.

tons more screenshots over at;

http://www.destructoid.com/3d-dot-game-heroes-screens-release-date-and-bonus-skeleton-146281.phtml

Edited by flameboy
Automerged Doublepost