N-Europe

Pokémafia 3 - Turning Point

ReZourceman

ARGH! No I wasn't! All I was doing was putting forward ONE IDEA from a link that I made in my head! I never said you were porygon, I just was suggesting that there may be a link to the last game, and as you can see, I never accused you of ANYTHING!

This is stupid. I talk about an idea I have so people vote for me. Now I can see why people don't contribute in this thread. If you talk, you get lynched for talking. No wonder the mafia normally stays quiet, it seems like the best way to win.

So much for people thinking I was good at this game. Apparently I get lynched for voicing ideas and opinions whereas other people who stay quiet and are probably mafiosos (anyone remember strider in the last game - said fuck all and turned out to be the mafia member who survived the longest) survive.

I get that people are suspicious, because that's the point of the game and I am suspicious too, but if you're planning on lynching me just because I talk, that's stupid.

Maybe I'll just not talk in these games, clearly it works and keeps the attention off you while townies who do talk get lynched for no reason.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha yeah could be any of those Dannyboy. Or just that I was simply asking coolness a question.

You know what, forget it, it's actually much more likely that we're shooting in the complete wrong direction while we ignore much more solid evidence. I apologise Raining, I wasn't accusing you I was just making a link in my head that may or may not exist.

Although - Dannyboy you're just making me more suspicious of you. Paranoia is at an all time high here, I think, but now you just seem to be sitting on the edge of arguments, poking them to keep them alive. You certainly should have been flattered, as you are good at these games, but that is what is making me suspicious of you.

That being said I don't want people all taking my musings the wrong way. Apparently my thoughts don't come accross well here and I end up looking suspicious at every turn. What may be best is if I shut up and just come forward when I have something useful to contribute.

But come on guys - I know some people keep saying the game is about reading people, but it is also very much about using the info we get at night. Surely we must have something from the last two nights that we can use to lynch?

About me "sitting and poking", it's more my playing style than anything else, just like my apparent reluctance to vote. I don't feel there's much concrete info, and since I don't have anything to contribute with, I like to go Hercule Poirot mode and simply sit back and observe, poking to theories without drawing rushed conclusions before I find that there's a more solid case.

My careful playing style and lying skills often make me seem suspicious, it seems. I guess that's my curse. :heh:

Coolness do you know what the second investigation means? did you get anything else about her absorbing power? I seem to remember the last poke mafia game being about the three porygons and at the end didn't they turn evil, absorb lots of power and then shoot a death ray into the sky? Is there any chance this could be the case here? Sorry if not, I might have missed some stuff as I've been away but to me that sounds a little odd

If that's not suggesting that I'm evil I don't know what is to be fair..

I like how everyone's ready to make up stuff, say i'm defensive, quick to jump at people etc etc

but you won't actually ask me upfront...

I've never even suggested that I would be unwilling to reveal my role. Because I've got nothing to hide.

He didn't make that up, he made a valid theory based on previous games. I'm not jumping at you, I'm simply pointing out the fact that you're acting defensively. We haven't asked you up front because no one has actually accused you. But all right, since you've so eager to come forward, why don't you? I must say your behaviour is a little suspicious, but if you're a paranoid individual, I can sort of understand it. I've been there myself several times. :heh:

If that's not suggesting that I'm evil I don't know what is to be fair..

But I was just asking Coolness, and putting forward an idea... I never said "I think Raining is an evil porygon"

I was literally just thinking out loud. It was just a theory, and if that's wrong then fine, but surely it was a valid line of investigation given the last game and Coolness' information? Can you not see that it might have been something odd? Or might still be?

Why would Coolness's investigation have shown Nintendohnut to be evil? I'm confused.

It's not the investigation but the fact that he's suggesting that - Raining - one of the players on the good side is evil...

Just seems suspicious to me is all. :heh:

And before people start saying stuff like "zomg! but how do we know that you aren't evil?" allow me to reveal my role...

I am Ralts, a protector, I am good.

Right... so you can kind of 'absorb' people's powers... So you can see how that is similar to Zell's power in the last game, right? All I was doing was linking that with the fact that they turned evil at the end of the game. Why did you suddenly jump on me for making a link that seems pretty obvious (to me, anyway)?

It's not the investigation but the fact that he's suggesting that - Raining - one of the players on the good side is evil...

Just seems suspicious to me is all. :heh:

And before people start saying stuff like "zomg! but how do we know that you aren't evil?" allow me to reveal my role...

I am Ralts, a protector, I am good.

Firstly, we don't know for sure Raining is definitely good, why are you so keen on defending her?

Secondly, saying your role doesn't make you instantly good :p You know about pokemon (talking about it with EEVIL in another thread iirc) so yeah..

Right... so you can kind of 'absorb' people's powers... So you can see how that is similar to Zell's power in the last game, right? All I was doing was linking that with the fact that they turned evil at the end of the game. Why did you suddenly jump on me for making a link that seems pretty obvious (to me, anyway)?

Well to start off with, you could have ASKED me if I was Porygon before going into your conspiracy theory, it only makes you look stupid when you are (obviously) wrong.

nothing is ever obvious - cbears could have been misdirected or he could be a stupid cop...

Firstly, we don't know for sure Raining is definitely good, why are you so keen on defending her?

Secondly, saying your role doesn't make you instantly good :p You know about pokemon (talking about it with EEVIL in another thread iirc) so yeah..

Raining is good, what she says is genuine and the same can be said for me... I know in the eyes of some saying your role doesn't make you good but really I'm just stating a fact...

As for the Pokemon knowledge, lots of people know about Pokemons, surely everyone in this thread does? it is the 'Pokemafia' afterall. :heh:

Well to start off with, you could have ASKED me if I was Porygon before going into your conspiracy theory, it only makes you look stupid when you are (obviously) wrong.

nothing is ever obvious - cbears could have been misdirected or he could be a stupid cop...

But he was just thinking out loud. And of course Coolness could have been misdirected etc., but he was postulating a theory based on the information at hand. Perhaps the theory was a little farfetched, but I think we should be allowed to theorise and say what's on our mind without being accused of ... well, accusing.

Still, this debate isn't really getting us anywhere, is it?

Right, firstly thanks for calling me stupid. Fine, vote for me, but there's no need for personal insult. It's a game; a bit of fun - no need to be rude.

Secondly it wasn't a conspiracy theory - you've just made it into one! I simply had an idea that there might have been a link in some way (and in a way I was right, seeing as you power is similar to that of Porygon 2 in the last game) and so I asked Coolness before accusing you or asking you anything. There was no more info, and if you hadn't jumped on it, it probably wouldn't have gone any further! Also: I'm not 'obviously' wrong. As I have said, in a way I was right about your power being similar. The fact that you took this as an accusation says more about you and your state of mind in this game than me.

Finally yes he might have been redirected, or be a stupid cop, but seeing as his power has been proven correct by your admittance it seems like he isn't a stupid cop (or if he is, you're lying about your role), and he would probably have said if he were misdirected.

I understand why you are annoyed with me, but if you look at it from my point of view, and with my limited info how I might have made this link...?

Is it just me that questions Pelipper being a pokemon that can abosrb powers? (whatever that even means)

Pelipper doesn't know mimic, sketch, metronome...it can't even learn Mirror Move.

Of course that doesn't mean it doesn't know Mirror Move as part of the role here, but even so.

Stockpile is the only power that would make twisted sense, stockpiling...powers? But for what use? This makes no sense.

Right, firstly thanks for calling me stupid. Fine, vote for me, but there's no need for personal insult. It's a game; a bit of fun - no need to be rude.

She said it made you look stupid. Difference between caling you stupid and what she said.

Is it just me that questions Pelipper being a pokemon that can abosrb powers? (whatever that even means)

Pelipper doesn't know mimic, sketch, metronome...it can't even learn Mirror Move.

Of course that doesn't mean it doesn't know Mirror Move as part of the role here, but even so.

Stockpile is the only power that would make twisted sense, stockpiling...powers? But for what use? This makes no sense.

She said it made you look stupid. Difference between caling you stupid and what she said.

Still, she was harsh on his theory, which was, to be fair, not exactly bad.

You pose an interesting point, however ...

Just to clarify, Raining, when you absorb powers, do you get to use them the following night if you choose, or do you simply learn what they are?

I can only assume it's Stockpile she has. Or some variation on. Stockpile is an attack wherby you store energy (although, not from other people!), and then you can keep doing os, or use the energy stored in the moves, Spit Up, which is an attack, or Swallow, which heals the stockpiler.

But looking at it like that, it's a weak arguement.

I can only assume it's Stockpile she has. Or some variation on. Stockpile is an attack wherby you store energy (although, not from other people!), and then you can keep doing os, or use the energy stored in the moves, Spit Up, which is an attack, or Swallow, which heals the stockpiler.

But looking at it like that, it's a weak arguement.

Cool move, actually. :) But I'm still confused as to what Raining can do with her power.

I dunno where anyone got absorb from, I swallow people and obtain their power. Have to "target" one person a night. Once I've got two or more, I can then use swallow to use their power. As far as i'm aware they are not harmed, nor do they lose their power (although I'm not hundred percent on the loss of power)

I then find out what their power is, then use each power myself (meaning I can have no consequence/information/whatever for maybe a night or two then several in one night)

I dunno where anyone got absorb from, I swallow people and obtain their power. Have to "target" one person a night. Once I've got two or more, I can then use swallow to use their power. As far as i'm aware they are not harmed, nor do they lose their power (although I'm not hundred percent on the loss of power)

I then find out what their power is, then use each power myself (meaning I can have no consequence/information/whatever for maybe a night or two then several in one night)

Hm, seems fair enough.

I dunno where to go from here, and I should really go to bed soon, so I'll probably leave the discussion for tonight.