Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - Reflex Edition

Dyson

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I've been sneaking around the interwebs looking for information regarding Modern Warfare for Wii. I'm sifting through what I've found as to make sure I'm simply not repeating what Dante said. But, I'm sorry in advance if I mistakenly repost something.

• Original voice acting, soundtrack, and CG from the PS3/360 versions
  • Game runs at 30FPS
  • Better effects and higher quality textures then WaW.
  • All online maps and features (perks and unlocks) included
  • Merge Wii console friends onto Modern Warfare roster.
  • Eliminating Wii Speak allows for 10 players instead of 8 (apparently).
  • Better QA/Testing team then with World at War Wii to eliminate more bugs.
  • Arcade mode is in.
  • As Dante said, no local multiplayer. The team wanted to focus their time on providing a robust online experience instead.
  • Kill Cam is eliminated due to RAM constraints.
  • Wii version features a "Scope Aiming Mode" to improve accuracy among players.
  • Smoke Grenades no longer rape the frame rate as in World at War.
  • Knifing/Melee completely revised.
  • No GameCube/Classic Controller support.
  • No Text Communication.
  • Cage Match included.

Shonuff also answered some questions regarding the initial screenshots.

I was severely disappointed with the screenshots that were released as they did not do a good job of showing the public just how good the game looks on the Wii. I mean come on! There were bugs in those screenshots for crying out loud. -Shonuff of Treyarch.

There we have it. I'd also be grateful if anyone could explain this to me.

Ok, so camping is where you stay in the same spot for the majority of the game? All I wanted to know what at which point does camping become camping, which you answered in your second point. It's bugged me a little when I've played FPSs in the past because I've found it hard to tell whether one person has just remained stationary for the majority of the game, or if they've stopped to take aim and get a few kills.

The final comment was a bit of a joke scenario, something you'd probably see in a Monty Python sketch. Although, if you're not really a fan of linking real war with videogames, then maybe the Call of Duty thread isn't the right place to be. Might want to give Medal of Honour a miss, too. ;)

Well glad you're more informed. Trust me, if you come across campers, you will know, and you will hate them.

But war FPS games are designed to provide all the thrills of war, if there is such a thing. I have never been in a real war, but I doubt many people would be screaming "owned noob" after blowing someones brains out.

Video games are video games and I am sure is nothing like war. For one, there is never any dismemberment in the games.

The only thing they have in common is the settings really, and the weapons used.

Depends on the game. Call of Duty might leave bodies intact, but Fallout 3 and Solider of Fortune do not, and I'm sure there are others.

Indeed. Fallout 3 perfectly replicated the post apocalyptic Washington DC of today.

House of the Dead: Overkill had dismemberment, and was almost disturbingly close-to-the-knuckle and reminiscent of real-life, zombie-combat situations for it.

Of course. Just yesterday I wacked a zombie with my cricket bat, and his head fell off. And to find that I could do the exact same thing in the game was a big bonus! No cricket bat sadly.

Indeed. Fallout 3 perfectly replicated the post apocalyptic Washington DC of today.

Of course. Just yesterday I wacked a zombie with my cricket bat, and his head fell off. And to find that I could do the exact same thing in the game was a big bonus! No cricket bat sadly.

I know, and only last week I saw the Russians driving back the Nazis. Just yesterday I heard about that nuke that went off in the middle east.

>_>

• 2 weeks later...
I guess the market wouldn't be all that big.

oh snap!

but seriously though I'm suprised myself. I'm actually not suprised nintendo as usual isn't giving people a choice.. What happens when you want to play on-line and everyone is asleep? headset is a solution to that..and some other problems.

Oh well you never know a third party effort could come soon, just like you said what on earth is stopping them, when we see tv screen protectors and other shitty add-ons.

The other thing is that only 2 games use Wii Speak (as far as I know). If all online games used the device, it might happen.

I can't see why they can't have Wii Speak running in the background, like when you use Skype. Thusly you could set up a Wii Speak room and chat with your friends then go into any game you wanted.

I can't see why they can't have Wii Speak running in the background, like when you use Skype. Thusly you could set up a Wii Speak room and chat with your friends then go into any game you wanted.

The Wii's OS isn't designed to do multitasking. And an update that low level on the system would screw up most games. Even if it didn't, the frame-rate would drop since many games are relying on having all resources free. There's no way you're ever getting Wii Speak in Mario Kart, its just not happening, and there is a reason for it.

• 3 weeks later...

This isn't that significant, but if anyone wants to check it out themselves, they can.

I was browsing in HMV yesterday, and noticed they had what looks like the final box on display. I looked on the back of the case, and it had a seemingly finalised back, with some screens on. They're pretty tiny, but they were different from the early ones released, and noticably better too. Maybe those early ones were beta afterall.

Anyway, if anyone lives near a big HMV it might be worth checking out.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!