NEurope
flameboy

Battlefield 1943

When I was on LIVE this morning, the price to buy it was 90,000MSP!!!! Ignoring that HUUUUGE admin error I tried to download the trial and it got stuck at 33%. Going to try again later.

WHY WHY WHY?!!!!!!! :cry: Did hear thar DICE are desperately trying to get more servers set up...it's all because they didn't account for quite so many downloads...idiots, there will be tons of people wanting to play it all the old 1942 players, us console owners who have been looking forward to it and then I even reckon because of its price point its at impulse buy price for the more casual gamer.

I think its more to do with it being already out on the marketplace, people have already bought it and are quite rightly miffed that they can't play it. Nothing to do with any kind of favouritism.

Besides, my BlazBlue has turned up so I am not really bothered. I will still get it tonight, but BB is fucking amazing.

Can everyone add me pleeeease, Xbox Live- Karl619 . It would be cool to play with a squad of people who actually know what they're doing and teach me a few things rather than playing constantly with a bunch of idiots

Well I think I'll get this but due to problems it sounds a bit shit for the moment. If it turns out another quality game comes onto the store I'll pick it up.

Played this for about an hour, got onto the servers first try, such a good game! Brings back so many memorys of Bad Company, its just as good.

The planes are a bit tricky, but ill get used to them with practice, at the moment im just playing as a rifleman mainly, racking up the kills. The bad thing is no one seems to really know how to play it at the moment, you can just run around and grab most of the points while everyones just fighting over 1 little spot, its a bit poop! But people will start to defend once they get used to it i thinks.

I seem to be doin well, in the top 5 players since my first game, i cained bad company though so i gt the skilllls :P

Best XBLA game ever i thinks, even better than castle crashers, cant wait to get back on it :P

Anyone up for a game later on? We need to get a squad together!

Dice are sorting things out.

As good a time as Battlefield 1943 is, EA severely underestimated the amount of individuals who would enlist for battle in the Pacific yesterday on XBLA. So, if you tried to play, you likely spent a great deal of time staring at menus and found it a real pain to hook up and play with friends.

DICE wants you to know that it's doing all it can to up the server count, as Gordon Van Dyke recently popped into the official EA forums and informed us.DICE explains the server count for the Xbox 360 version of the game is being upped as quickly as possible, and the servers for today's PS3 release are being increased. In the latest update, Van Dyke says, "We have full support of EA to add as many servers as takes and then some so that everyone can play. This work has already started and servers will be added around the clock with teams working to cover this 24 hours a day so not a moment is wasted.

You will be able to play this game and play it lag free!"While the prospect of a lag-free experience is something we can get on board with, our problem was more with our inability to find matches and join our friends' games yesterday, even when multiple slots were open. But hey, at least the price was fixed!

PS Store - now updated. Downloading 1943 and Motorstorm DLC right now :bowdown:

yep downloading it to...annoyingly bought it then realised it was just a key and have to download the trial never mind!

So, meet on the battlefield tonight comrades?

HELL YES!!!!:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Anyone a bit dissapointed with the 3 classes? They should of added some more infantry weapons me thinks!

Woop here will go! Just to say no headset from me tonight guys, babysitting and the little one is asleep next door so don't wanna wake him up, although still expect to hear the same brand of usual scottish humour from you mr.cooky.

yep downloading it to...annoyingly bought it then realised it was just a key and have to download the trial never mind!

Yeah am currently doing the same so will join you lot in a minute. Kinda flummoxed as to exactly how to play but being a rifleman is great.

Edited by dwarf

Aghhhhh, can someone be the 'Squad Leader' and invite all the Playstation boys. I tried to join about 5 peoples games in the last hour.

Also, the Trophies seem pretty obtainable, which is nice.

EDIT: Nevermind, no one seems to be playing it now.

Edited by MATtheHAT

Good games guys...sorry couldn't hear you properly cookyman...my mic is knackered I think it could be time to invest in an official headset.

Will be on all tomorrow night I reckon, seem as I plain out love this game and I'm semi okish at it, even though I can't fly those damn planes.

I might have to get this, although the Conduit is coming soon too.... :wtf: what to do...

I might have to get this, although the Conduit is coming soon too.... :wtf: what to do...

fuck the conduit, bet this will piss all over in multiplayer and from what I've heard the single player isn't all that.

fuck the conduit, bet this will piss all over in multiplayer and from what I've heard the single player isn't all that.

I've already bought and paid for it, it just hasn't arrived. Plus I've never played online deathmatch with the Wii-mote / Nunchuck combi so I'm dying to try that...

This does look epic though! Destructable environments?

I've already bought and paid for it, it just hasn't arrived. Plus I've never played online deathmatch with the Wii-mote / Nunchuck combi so I'm dying to try that...

This does look epic though! Destructable environments?

Yep had an awesome moment earlier, cookyman was with some other guys capturing a camp and I was careering towards them down a hill in a jeep and smashed straight through a wall and through a hole in a building and manage to gain myself 10 points for a capture assist! Not even sure cookyman saw me, I just saw him trotting off with everyone else.

Yep had an awesome moment earlier, cookyman was with some other guys capturing a camp and I was careering towards them down a hill in a jeep and smashed straight through a wall and through a hole in a building and manage to gain myself 10 points for a capture assist! Not even sure cookyman saw me, I just saw him trotting off with everyone else.

This game is set up for epic moments like that. I just got a 6 kill streak by getting behind some snipers on the crest of a hill. A monkey wrench to the face is such lulz.

Yeah there seem to be a ton of good sniper points....I'm always getting picked off....

The fun in this game is found by sneaking behind an enemy base and just going rambo through all of them.

Just came first, however I will have to learn how to control the planes, haven't done the tutorial yet.

Edit:

Was just involved in a brilliant game there, topped the leaderboard with roughly 650 points. It had everything, I managed a couple of melee kills, air raid kills, tank kills and general shooting pr0 power and I'm now a Battlefield fan. It was just so good and like many FPS gets better as you get better. I still suck with the plane but hey, you can't have it all after just a few hours worth of play.

Edit 2: This game is addictive I tell thee. The only thing that's missing is some sort of upgrade/reward system that gives you benefits for good play. Then again the simplicity and straight-forwedness is what makes it so great and it betters a lot of shooters out there. The shooting is very satisfying, especially the rifle, as I said to Cooky it works and yields satisfying results.

The game has sort of made me a shooter whore because now I want BF2 and every other highly rated shooter.

Edited by dwarf

Well I downloaded the trail and I'm so pissed off with it. Every 2 minutes it signs me out of PSN and I can't sustain any type of match. Is it the game or the connection? Never does this with the Wii or any other online PS3 games.

Well I downloaded the trail and I'm so pissed off with it. Every 2 minutes it signs me out of PSN and I can't sustain any type of match. Is it the game or the connection? Never does this with the Wii or any other online PS3 games.

It's the game I'd say I had a 10 min patch in the middle of yesterdays session that did the same.