NEurope
Dyson

Unemployment, travelling and smoking thread. Apparently.

Im confused, is part of that aimed at me and part of kav? Because it sounds a bit harsh to call Kav's experience "amazing" and as far as I'm aware I've not been beaten up. :heh:

Well...

Erm...

All it of it was kind of aimed at Kav. Sorry, it does sound a bit offensive I guess. I mean, I hope you're okay and stuff. But, it's like... an interesting story, maybe not amazing... but, interesting. I dunno... I... er... this is why I should post less.

Got a reply from McDonald's asking for me to attend an interview for next Wednesday. :grin:

However, they're asking me to provide a photocopy of my passport...

I don't have a passport. I've never even left this island for feck's sake!

I think all jobs now require some proof of citizenship which is typically a passport. I'm sure they can tell you more but maybe a birth certificate will do?

He's from Birmingham, who'd want to leave the smoggy sites of Birmingham?

He's from Birmingham, who'd want to leave the smoggy sites of Birmingham?

Funny how they all seem to have moved to bloody Reading, fucking surrounded by 'em. I can't even remember what the Reading accent sounds like anymore!

Why don't you get a passport?

Really pointless not having one.

Really pointless having one if I'm never going to be leaving the bloody country anytime soon. :indeed:

I only ever went to Wales on holiday, y'know. Not Tenerife or Benidorm or Ouagadougou. But Aberystwyth. Aber-bleedin-ystwyth!

And...and...it was honestly awesome!

Why don't you get a passport?

Really pointless not having one.

Surely, if he's managed this long without needing one, getting one for the sake of it would be more pointless? Especially when they cost about £90.

Funny how they all seem to have moved to bloody Reading, fucking surrounded by 'em. I can't even remember what the Reading accent sounds like anymore!

Less of them for my ears :p

Really pointless having one if I'm never going to be leaving the bloody country anytime soon. :indeed:

I only ever went to Wales on holiday, y'know. Not Tenerife or Benidorm or Ouagadougou. But Aberystwyth. Aber-bleedin-ystwyth!

And...and...it was honestly awesome!

Paris is only £54 on the Eurostar and we all know you enjoy spending your doll money willy nilly :p

Go see the woooooorld. Or Paris at least.

1) Less of them for my ears :p

2) Paris is only £54 on the Eurostar and we all know you enjoy spending your doll money willy nilly :p

3) Go see the woooooorld. Or Paris at least.

1) What have you got against the yam-yams? They're actually lovely people. Stop self-loathing! :nono:

2) Doll money?

3) When I have an Eenuh of my own, we'll follow in Fleenuh's footsteps.

1) What have you got against the yam-yams? They're actually lovely people. Stop self-loathing! :nono:

2) Doll money?

3) When I have an Eenuh of my own, we'll follow in Fleenuh's footsteps.

1) I'm not from Birmingham, just nearby. :heh:

2) You know, the money you spend on iPods?

3) People went to Paris before Flink. (why is that the second time I've said that today?)

Should go and experience the world. TBH IMO

Well, yeah, that's my view too. Although a lot of people focus too much on seeing other countries when there's plenty of awesome stuff to see in the UK.

But that's wildly off topic. Back on topic, I likes my job. Tomorrow I get to watch the photographers do their thing instead of being photoshop monkey. The busy period hasn't started yet so we're just spending most of our time learning stuff. We get to watch them do a studio shoot, then they get to watch us do the editing. All part of understanding the other half of the job. Should be fun. The photoshoot is in a nearby pottery shop. No idea what to expect.

2) Yeah, but...Doll money?

Dole. Its the damn tinge of a local accent I have and didn't think (also a side effect of Birmingham-proximity) :heh:

You could spend your money on dolls too.

Got a letter today from the Bead Shop telling me I was unsuccessful. Even though my heart has been crushed and my dreams of working with beads has been devastated I respect them for writing to tell me, with a hand written envelope too. That's consideration right there.

HOWEVER! Recent looking at the website shows they're looking for someone to work in a gaming shop, not video games, but card games and comics.

The weird thing is it's put [on the website] as being in Beeston, yet the description says you flitter between one in Beeston and another in Ripley, Derbyshire. Bad for me since I have no way of getting to Ripley, plus I don't think I've ever seen a card game/comic shop in Beeston, and I'm particulary observant. Plus their website doesn't mention it either.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

Paris is only £54 on the Eurostar and we all know you enjoy spending your doll money willy nilly :p

Go see the woooooorld. Or Paris at least.

Yeah. My friend went "inter-flying" around Europe during the summer. He booked loads of cheap flights, and for 8 destinations it cost him £65.

So worth it, considering. My flight to Paris was £19 in total. Literally so worth it. Especially since Paris is great.

Yeah, my flight to Berlin was £20 total, and if I hadn't taken big luggage, it would have been a tenner. And Berlin is unbelievably beautiful.

Travelling is great. I'd think I'd lose it if I didn't go on holiday and get a change of environment. It's been almost two years since my last one and I'm slowly going nuts.

This time next week I'll be in Egypt. :D

I wish I was a travelling person.. I was brought up travelling, lived in a few countries already.

But I have absolutely no intention of travelling. My health problems mean its pretty much a nightmare to travel - I think I'm old before my time. And the small town mentality has slowly seeped into my brain from living here for 13 years.

Actually; out of interest, would anyone know the rules about carrying drugs (injections in particular) on a plane?

I'd imagine if you had a signed note from your doctor it would be fine.

I'd love to see them use that as a defence.

However they also know dick about mandatory work breaks, and discriminate me for not having a nicotine addiction.

How do they discriminate against you for not having an addiction?