NEurope
Dyson

Unemployment, travelling and smoking thread. Apparently.

well if the closing date is that date they wont look at the applicants til well after then...

Inside the nhs, they have a closing date and they arent ever looked at until the selection day (which can sometimes be 2 weeks after the closing date) then additionally the postage times for the interview.

but then again it depends who/what you applied for..

Well it was uni so I suppose it will be less than a month before they have the newbie on staff because I'd imagine there will be training time and what not and uni starts late September. Least I can stop worrying about that one until the end of next week.

Went to a local shopping centre today to see what was going. Hotel Chocolate is looking for a senior sales assistant so will email my cv and covering letter. Asked at Waterstones but nothing, maybe closer to xmas. Was also one of those gadget shops (but not THE gadget shop) that were looking for people and I thought about handing my CV in but it was dead, and those kinda shops always are and the staff always look on the verge of suicide...will think about it. Oh and handed in my CV to Hawkins Bazaar.

So it struck me like...a week ago that the "you can work in finance!" call I got that never resulted in the promised email with details may have gone to my spam folder. And of course, it took me 7 days to check :p Low and behold, I was right. And yeah, scammy dodginess.

Anywho, the latest happenings happened to happen today! The video game store manager job I applied for near on four weeks ago finally got back to me, with an email saying "this is my number can you ring" so I did and we chatted for a bit. He said I have the experience they're looking for and are hiring for their branch somewhere in South, but I forget where. He also randomly asked me if I considered going back to Game. I fumbled my way through saying "I don't feel like I'd make any progress if I go back to the same place again." Then he asked me to come in tomorrow for a "face to face chat" but I said I was currently housesitting in the midlands for my mother (which is correct, but I didn't come up from London for it). So he said its fine to wait til next week (they kept me waiting four weeks ne?) and to ring him when im back in London, so I'll ring him Monday.

Anywho its thrown a spanner in the works. Not that I'm not grateful to hear back but after all this time I presumed it was gone, and I've kinda resided to the fact I presumed I was staying put. Now its up in the air, I'm not a fan of chaos. I shall go down next week but I'm leaning more toward this support worker job which I'm hoping to hear from next week. London would be awesome, but then (depending on the pay) I'll be scraping by and its retail so I could end up stuck in a job without progressing myself. Just when I started to seriously to begin my animation path.

Anyway I shall definately go down and check it out next week but still, the confusion. grr :p

I've just got a job interview on Tuesday, I already have a job(not trying to gloat) erm what should I tell my current job if anything. As ill need to take a half day off work and I just know my boss will ask why.

Bloody McDonald's don't seem to want me. A couple more applications sent to random jobs and that will be it for that quest.

Today I sent a job application to my nearest KFC! Yep.

Bloody McDonald's don't seem to want me. A couple more applications sent to random jobs and that will be it for that quest.

Tbh a lot of people knock working at Mc Donalds / KFC but I don't think it'd be that bad, if you enjoy working with food anyway, having said that if I could choose which 'fast-food' joint to work at then I'd go for Subway mmm working there would be epic, think of all the free subs you would get! :o

I feel for you, I really do.

I've just got a job interview on Tuesday, I already have a job(not trying to gloat) erm what should I tell my current job if anything. As ill need to take a half day off work and I just know my boss will ask why.

Doctors? Dentists? The clinic?

A job has come up in Torfaen, which is right next door to Newport. I'm going to apply for eet. The only problemos is that I am in Belgiumland at the moment, so I bluddy hope that it gets there on time. The closing date is the 2nd September...so I'm going to assume it's going to get there on time. Going to send an email now too, to let the school know that it is on the way.

I have an interview for Gamesmaster (the shop, not the mag) on Tuesday at 3pm. Can't seem to find anything about it though as its an indie chain in London. The interview is taking place at the Brixton branch, dunno which one has the job though. There's another one in Elephant and Castle. Anyone been to one...?

Just checking the Job Centre site, apparently a chemist nearby is looking for people. This sounds most pr0. Not only does it have more/decent hours, it means I can recover what's left of my social life and go partying with the Gringos again.

Just checking the Job Centre site, apparently a chemist nearby is looking for people. This sounds most pr0. Not only does it have more/decent hours, it means I can recover what's left of my social life and go partying with the Gringos again.

Winner - a chemist doesn't normally have drunken twats as customers, just hungover ones! Less troublesome haha :D

Winner - a chemist doesn't normally have drunken twats as customers, just hungover ones! Less troublesome haha :D

But it does have a potential drawbakc of not being able to attend the Pokémon TCG League on Saturdays, after all our hard earned monies spent on n00 cards.

Jobs I've recently applied to:

Ann summers

The entertainer

Timberland

Evans

Dorothy perkins (again I might add)

None have gotten back to me, ann summers and the entertainer are the most recent, so I'm hoping either gets back to me, I'd love to work at the entertainer (kids toy shop) they don't open sundays, so I'd work evenings and saturdays, which would be awesome.

I've just applied to a place which I think is fucking perfect.

The Bead Shop.

That's right.

"Retail experience preferred but not essential. Duties include serving customers, advising on beads and working creatively within a friendly team"

I can finally build upon my years of experience in the retail industry and combine it with my love for beads. Seriously though, it sounds alright. pr0 hours too.

The Bead Shop.

That's right.

"Retail experience preferred but not essential. Duties include serving customers, advising on beads and working creatively within a friendly team"

I can finally build upon my years of experience in the retail industry and combine it with my love for beads. Seriously though, it sounds alright. pr0 hours too.

o6brwj.gif

I've just seen a job that seems to be exactly what I want my next career step to be. But I'm pretty happy with where I am and this role is located in California - Not sure moving to another country is completely what I'm after. Then I think this is a great job and it could be fun having a big move like this. Really not sure if I should apply or not, at the moment I'm leaning towards sending off a CV and just seeing what happens - I can always change my mind I suppose.

I think a few guys on here have made big moves like this, pros/cons and oppinions?

I've just seen a job that seems to be exactly what I want my next career step to be. But I'm pretty happy with where I am and this role is located in California - Not sure moving to another country is completely what I'm after. Then I think this is a great job and it could be fun having a big move like this. Really not sure if I should apply or not' date=' at the moment I'm leaning towards sending off a CV and just seeing what happens - I can always change my mind I suppose.

I think a few guys on here have made big moves like this, pros/cons and oppinions?[/quote']

Just send you Cv off, and then if they offer you the position then think about it.

--

I have a job, its in a bakery.

Ill probobly be rolling swiss roles, or packaging so it will be boring.

£6.79/hour :)

I've just seen a job that seems to be exactly what I want my next career step to be. But I'm pretty happy with where I am and this role is located in California - Not sure moving to another country is completely what I'm after. Then I think this is a great job and it could be fun having a big move like this. Really not sure if I should apply or not' date=' at the moment I'm leaning towards sending off a CV and just seeing what happens - I can always change my mind I suppose.

I think a few guys on here have made big moves like this, pros/cons and oppinions?[/quote']

Take me with you. I know I'm banned but I'm more than willing to ignore this to get close to the Governator.

So interview on Tuesday went okay. No office in store so went across the road to a pub. Casual, but hard to hear. It was a bit confusing though. He said all their branchs are full at the moment but they are looking to open 4 or 5 new stores next year so I asked at the end when would the start date be and he said "whenever". So umm yeah, vague. He spoke about how they have a good level of staff retention and all that and I know it doesn't mean I have to stay there but I think I'd feel bad if I was gone within a year, particularly as training apparently takes 6 months (lord knows why), plus im not so sure I want to be working in retail for the next few years (I don't know what I want to do, but retail is not fun). Said he'd let me know by the end of the week. It would help if I heard something back from this uni support worker position thing.

The Bead Shop.

That's right.

6377_Anal%20beads%20101.jpg

?

I thought ReZ would be the first one to bring that up. I never thought it would be you 2 perverts.

I'd say send an email enquiry just to get a bit more info, like what visa's and stuff you'd have to sort out, what benefits you get (remember in the good ol' USA you get nothing from the state and your employer is expected to provide insurance and such like) then send off a CV if it sounds like a decent opportunity. You can always change your mind and it would definately look good for future employers to have experience working abroad, shows initiative.

I've just finished a long and dull application form for a job with the environment agency doing ecological surveys and water assessments. At the moment I'm stuck in the old catch 22 situation of having plenty of academic qualifications, but little practical experience. I just need someone to take a risk and employ me.

I thought ReZ would be the first one to bring that up. I never thought it would be you 2 perverts.

Dan Dare: Bringing it up circa 1986

And for once 'it' doesn't mean your breakfast!

Although I prefer Noodleman's reply.

Two jobs applied for today; Waterstones bookseller and working holiday DJing in Greece (no experience needed). Two months of sun, sea and music. Why not eh?

Edited by Ashley