NEurope

Give him a goddamn chance. :hmm:

I've given him a god damn chance, in fact i've given him several and he is proving he has no idea what he is doing. He has the worst record as Celtic manager since John Barnes, in less time as well. He has sold some of our better players Caldwell and Robson and replaced them with duds like Fortune. He's also obsessed with signing as many players from the far east as possible. He makes stupid tactical choices; He benches our best player and leading scorer for both old firm games and then wonders why we don't win them.

I never wanted him for the job but since we payed so much to get him, can't see the board getting rid of him now.

Wes Brown has been absolutely awful this season (I really like him, but he's not had a great season). I like Evans, and I think he'll have a great career at United. But, Brown is such a liability at times at centreback. Awful tonight. It's not his fault we lost, but we just can't defend anymore. No leadership at the back, the centrebacks don't know if they're coming or going, and we're shipping too many goals.

Not just that, but the team feels too slow to me. Where's the tempo? I'm not a fan of playing the 4-3-3, and it just gives Rooney too much work to do. We played pretty well against Burnley with 2 up top, so why did we need to change it again? I said to my brother when we watched the Villa game against West Ham that (in the first half in particular) Villa were passing the ball around and defending better as a unit than we have done for quite a few games now.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Wes Brown has been absolutely awful this season (I really like him, but he's not had a great season). I like Evans, and I think he'll have a great career at United. But, Brown is such a liability at times at centreback. Awful tonight. It's not his fault we lost, but we just can't defend anymore. No leadership at the back, the centrebacks don't know if they're coming or going, and we're shipping too many goals.

Not just that, but the team feels too slow to me. Where's the tempo? I'm not a fan of playing the 4-3-3, and it just gives Rooney too much work to do. We played pretty well against Burnley with 2 up top, so why did we need to change it again? I said to my brother when we watched the Villa game against West Ham that (in the first half in particular) Villa were passing the ball around and defending better as a unit than we have done for quite a few games now.

My thoughts were just, Carlos Tevez... what a c**t.

My thoughts were just, Carlos Tevez... what a c**t.

It's not worth getting worked up over. What matters is the players who play with the shirt, not the ones who used to wear it. I always think that you have your own destiny in your own hands. Tonight, we should have done a lot better. In the first half, we were by far the better team. We did pretty well in the second half, but our defending was awful again, which let us down badly tonight.

I've given him a god damn chance, in fact i've given him several and he is proving he has no idea what he is doing. He has the worst record as Celtic manager since John Barnes, in less time as well. He has sold some of our better players Caldwell and Robson and replaced them with duds like Fortune. He's also obsessed with signing as many players from the far east as possible. He makes stupid tactical choices; He benches our best player and leading scorer for both old firm games and then wonders why we don't win them.

I never wanted him for the job but since we payed so much to get him, can't see the board getting rid of him now.

It's just halfway through the season, have some patience. Does it matter where his signings come from? If there good players, that will improve your squad, then what's the problem.

We have waited on Benitez to get us a title for 6 years, you have to give them a chance.

It's just halfway through the season, have some patience. Does it matter where his signings come from? If there good players, that will improve your squad, then what's the problem.

We have waited on Benitez to get us a title for 6 years, you have to give them a chance.

The problem is they're shit.

Anyone else think Tevez looks like Dappy from N-Dubz?

Noticed it last night :X

Well, tonight's Carling Cup semi-final must have been fantastic to all the neutrals out there. To me, it was a fucking nightmare, even when we were 5-3 ahead. At least it all came through in the end and we're off to Wembley. :grin:

It was a great game. Can't believe Blackburn went 2-nil up. You must have been tearing your hair out at some of the defending, because some of it was shocking. 10 goals, haha. My word.

Bluddy hell, how good is James Milner? I don't think he ever played this good for Newcastle. Best form of his life, imo.

Good to be top of the pile, at least for a few days anyway. 2-0 down and I feared for the worse. Brilliant fightback though all be it awful goal keeping and defending on Bolton's part, though we should have gone down to 10 men though, Gallas was reckless, incredibly reckless and got away with what should have been a straight red. Heard the fouled player went out of the stadium on crutches.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

It was a great game. Can't believe Blackburn went 2-nil up. You must have been tearing your hair out at some of the defending, because some of it was shocking. 10 goals, haha. My word.

Bluddy hell, how good is James Milner? I don't think he ever played this good for Newcastle. Best form of his life, imo.

I thought that was it for the match; the way Villa were playing just bloody infuriated me and I couldn't take anymore. I went off elsewhere but my mom calling out whenever they scored meant I knew what was going on. I started watching it again when it was 3-2, just before our 4th, and watched the rest. Brilliant match, but I just wish Villa made it a bit easier for the fans. It was getting too much. Even Heskey scored, ffs!

As for Milner, the lad's just utterly fantastic.

The problem is they're shit.

he's signed 2 players from the far east and that's an obsession is it?

and one of them was actually signed from English football.

plus calling them shit when one of them has only played one game and was one of the best players on the park in that game shows me exactly how much you actually know about this current team

he's signed 2 players from the far east and that's an obsession is it?

and one of them was actually signed from English football.

plus calling them shit when one of them has only played one game and was one of the best players on the park in that game shows me exactly how much you actually know about this current team

Exactly who are you referring too when you say they were one of the best on the park, I can't read your mind, and why do you think he's only played one game? certainly not injury. If you are referring to Zheng then you better rewatch that game, he was hardly anything special. After having sat through more games at Celtic Park this season than I care to remember, I think I am pretty clued up on this team.

no I was clearly referring to Ki Sung Yueng since you referred to his "obsession" with far east players I assumed you would know which one of our 3 far east players I was talking about

Completely forgot the football, i was doing my exercises :( heres hoping it somehow finds its way onto the i-player.

Good to be top of the pile, at least for a few days anyway. 2-0 down and I feared for the worse. Brilliant fightback though all be it awful goal keeping and defending on Bolton's part, though we should have gone down to 10 men though, Gallas was reckless, incredibly reckless and got away with what should have been a straight red. Heard the fouled player went out of the stadium on crutches.

Need to see the Gallas incident again, at the time it looked a 50:50, but I was behind Almunia's goal which was some distance away. At least we did the right thing and played on, which I'm sure doesn't envoke a great reaction. But as a kid I was always taught to play to the whistle and I'm glad we did.

I think this sums up the match: Our best shit performance.

On the whole we were rubbish, two mistakes led to their goals and it took some time for us to settle after the penalty. Second half was far better than the first.

No one gonna mention Liverpool then...?

We clawed three points back in our mini-league race for fourth. A relief.

no I was clearly referring to Ki Sung Yueng since you referred to his "obsession" with far east players I assumed you would know which one of our 3 far east players I was talking about

How in he was it clear?, you didn't mention his name or even where he was from albeit that it was the Far East.

No one gonna mention Liverpool then...?

We clawed three points back in our mini-league race for fourth. A relief.

The least important fixture of the evening. ;)

Good to see Kuyt scoring and Spurs losing.

How in he was it clear?, you didn't mention his name or even where he was from albeit that it was the Far East.

it was fairly clear since only one of our 3 players from asia has played 1 game

you might as well have said he's obsessed with signing players from Scandinavia since he's signed 2 players from the Norwegian and Swedish leagues, or obsessed with players who've played in England since he's signed 3 players from that source.

Also to call Scott McDonald our best player is a bit of a stretch, our best goalscorer undoubtedly, but best player? not by a country mile

it was fairly clear since only one of our 3 players from asia has played 1 game

you might as well have said he's obsessed with signing players from Scandinavia since he's signed 2 players from the Norwegian and Swedish leagues, or obsessed with players who've played in England since he's signed 3 players from that source.

Also to call Scott McDonald our best player is a bit of a stretch, our best goalscorer undoubtedly, but best player? not by a country mile

Who would you suggest then? Surely not Mcgeady, at least Mcdonald has an end product.

well on recent form Nguemo and Crosas have been our best players, this season no-one has been consistently good.

Yes I would say McGeady is a better player than McDonald, what other player in our league gets double or triple teamed whenever he gets the ball?

Sorry Flameboy, I don't say this lightly but I've come to the staggering conclusion that your club is run by even bigger idiots than mine is.

We've made a bid for Mike Williamson. If anyone's saying "who" that's because since Portsmouth bought him for£2 million quid from Watford in September he's not actually played. That's presumably because they can't afford to play him, seeing as the contract they signed (and didn't read, by the sounds of it) stipulated they'd owe Watford a load of cash if he actually gets onto the pitch. So, seeing as he's probably on the same crazy wages as the rest of the squad and they can't even play him they want shot and we need bodies, so the other day they accepted a £900,000 offer from us for him.

Now they've just announced they "misread his contract" and if they sell him for £900,000 they'll owe Watford £1.2 million and the deal has stalled.

Funny that Portsmouth, West Ham and Southamption have all ended up in a crippling financial situation and they've all recently been managed by the same saggy-faced tax dodger.

Edited by BlueStar