NEurope

They were chanting about how his dad washes elephants for a living, I think that's what raised some eyebrows.

So the one Tottenham fans use to sing, whilst offensive, it is questionable whether it is racist or not, for anyones father could keep elephants and wash them for a living.

So the one Tottenham fans use to sing, whilst offensive, it is questionable whether it is racist or not, for anyones father could keep elephants and wash them for a living.

In the same way that you could tell anyone to go eat a watermelon. Anybody could. But it's more offensive to say it to a black guy. It just is.

Are you really suggesting that a chant like that has nothing to do with his ethnicity? Really?

In the same way that you could tell anyone to go eat a watermelon. Anybody could. But it's more offensive to say it to a black guy. It just is.

Are you really suggesting that a chant like that has nothing to do with his ethnicity? Really?

No its obviously sung because of where he's from. Is it not similar to calling a welsh person a sheep shagger though? Offensive to the person, but its borderline racism, not blatant. If you get what I'm trying to say.

Sunderland knocking 5 past Wolves goes a long way towards cheering me up after yesterdays result :grin:

Sunderland knocking 5 past Wolves goes a long way towards cheering me up after yesterdays result :grin:

I watched that, and thought it was a really entertaining game. Very harsh on Wolves though...5-2 makes it seem like Sunderland steam-rolled over them. :heh:

Also watched the Plymouth game against Forrest, which was on before it. Quite enjoyed that, too. I missed the goal, mind.

It's even better when they played fairly well and still concede 5 :D

Aww, don't you have any sympathy for The Mick McCartheehee? For some reason, he always reminded me of Doc Brown from Back to the Future.

doc-brown.jpg

2020106.jpg

Hahahhaha.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Watched that one earlier (second half til the end) and even when Sunderland pulled clear from 3-2 onwards, it never really felt convincing from their point of view.

Glad Liverpool have notched up another win. We're back up there and looking a decent side after that iffy start, phew. Wonder what will happen next Sunday- a win against Chelsea will put us on level points with them...!

Aww, don't you have any sympathy for The Mick McCartheehee? For some reason, he always reminded me of Doc Brown from Back to the Future.

[iMAGES]

Hahahhaha.

I see your Mick McCarthy, and raise you an Iain Dowie sighting in Walt Disney World.

PIC_0101.jpg

We've been so poor tonight so far... 2-0 down with time running out.

Barnsley have started playing behind the ball now we're into the final 15, and no-one can blame them because they've earned the right to be in the position to just shut up shop.

We've had no desire to win this game tonight, no closing down, just nothing.

That seals it.. Martis has just scored in his own net. That just about sums up what i was trying to say.

We played excellently against Boro, everyone worked hard and we looked like title contenders. But against teams like Barnsley we don't start playing untill we've gone behind. I don't know if its just being cocky or what, but Matteo needs to play hide the wing-tip with a few players tonight.

I was hoping Crystal Palace would be a wake up call but apparently not.. if this result doesn't shake some life into us Preston will romp on us next saturday (which will be on sky if anyones interested).

Brunt has just pulled one back 3-1.

Well done Barnsley on a good 3 points. [/rant]

Come on the Baggies.

:EDIT:

Does anyone fancy joining in with the next xpert 11 season?? we're after some new recruits :)

Edited by DuD

We've been so poor tonight so far... 2-0 down with time running out.

Good news for the lads though :D

Team  			P  	W  	D  	L  	GD  	Pts
1  	Newcastle United 	9  	7  	1  	1  	13  	22
2 	West Bromwich Albion 	10 	6 	2 	2 	10 	20
3 	Preston North End 	10 	5 	3 	2 	6 	18
4 	Middlesbrough 		10 	5 	2 	3 	4 	17

A win against QPR tonight and we'll be in a pretty commanding position. Not bad considering we don't have a manager and we've lost about our entire first team from last season.

Come on you gunners! Shock result for Liverpool though.

I wouldn't really call the result a shock.. but the performance was awful :hmm:

Lyon at Anfield is by no means a formality.. but, in reality, Liverpool seem to have something missing this season. A lot of people will point the finger at losing Alonso but I feel the problem is deeper than that.

Having said that, last season we would have had Mascherano and Alonso in the midfield, certainly a more solid pairing than Lucas and Aurelio.

Fiorentina played very well in the first half.. but we seemed to let them :( ..as I watched the first half progress, I felt Gerrard should have been dropped into the centre of midfield so he could get hold of the ball with Insua being sacrificed for Riera, or perhaps Babel. Aurelio would have went to left back and Benayoun would have filled the hole behind Torres. I think we would have been significantly stronger with that approach, but we'll never know now!

I had been quite excited to see Aquilani play but I'm now starting to fear that there will be an awful lot of pressure placed on him to fit in quickly and perform. We appear to need someone dynamic in midfield.. something Xabi Alonso never really was, but he was a big presence!

It was only one game and I expected this to be a difficult group so I can't say I was surprised to see us drop points in Italy.. the important thing is that we win our games at Anfield! I have been frustrated for a few weeks hearing pundits basically having every English team winning their group as everyone else is "inferior"..

Fair play to Newcastle, but its very rare in the championship for a team to stay top all season. Soooo.. looking at the table (we'll say everyone has played 10 games) thats only 36 games to go.. good luck with that :wink:

We need to make this slump as short as possible, and i recon Preston away this Saturday could be the game to put us back on track... hopefully. We seem to have a better attitude towards games involving bigger teams.

Pfft. Preston are no bigger than Barnsley, I think you'll get beat again if your players go into that game with the same attitude as yesterday. They expected to get the three points without even trying.

We were very good yesterday anyway, I doubt you would have beaten us even if you did turn up. The first home league win since March, and a goal for HUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEE!!

hume.jpg

Odejayi scored twice for Colchester too! Amazing.

Crappy game against carlisle last night, but have to say thanks to Colchester for knocking 3 past Charlton. Puts us 3 clear on top, and we welcome Charlton to Elland Road on Saturday too.

Leeds United are the only remaining unbeaten team in England too. P10, W8, D2, Pts26. Get in.

I think you'll get beat again if your players go into that game with the same attitude as yesterday. They expected to get the three points without even trying.

I think there was something more to it than our attitude. We've gone into games with a poor mentality already this season, conceded a goal, sorted our acts out, then demolished the other team. There was no desire to sort anything out last night, we just weren't interested..? Whatever it was, I hope Robbie can sort it out for saturday.

We were very good yesterday anyway, I doubt you would have beaten us even if you did turn up. The first home league win since March, and a goal for HUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEE!!

Yeah... us on our best vs you on your best would rusult in a Barnsley victory??? Put down the crackpipe boy :p

Yeah... us on our best vs you on your best would rusult in a Barnsley victory??? Put down the crackpipe boy :p

I don't see why not. Seriously, I don't think your team is all they are cracked up to be (get it?).

The season isn't going to be as much of a walk in the park as your first 8 games seemed to suggest. Lets see how Di Matteo does now that the pressure is being cranked up.

Anyway, good luck for the rest of the season, apart from the last game of the season obviously.

Edited by kyletherobot