flameboy

Just got myself a Dreamy bargain!

Ok so went to car boot sale and got the following;

Dreamcast

1 Controller

2 x VMU

Sonic Adventure

Crazy Taxi

Kiss Psycho Circus Nightmare Circus (WTF?!!!!)

Tomb Raider The Last Revelation

Headhunter

Power Stone

plus a few pirated games...

and get this Shenmue 1 + 2!!!!

For £20...gotta love people not knowing what they are selling :yay::yay::yay::yay:

..aw man, nice one :bouncy:

I really enjoyed Shenmue and have Shenmue II ready and waiting for when the time is right :heh:

I'm gonna play a few Dreamcast games today actually (probably Rez and maybe Power Stone or Virtua Tennis) ..but anyway, great deal : peace:

Bit annoying cos just picked up Power Stone Collection on PSP so not sure which I will end up playing...gonna get on ebay and snap up some bargains... the ahem pirated games are all pretty good as well...only 5 of them...the woman I bought it off mentioned they were there I was handing over the cash.

..what are the pirated games? :heh:

I have a few games that I can part with if you'd be interested..

Uefa Striker

Slave Zero

Jimmy White's Cueball 2

F1 World Grand Prix 2

Hidden & Dangerous

V-Rally 2

Re-Volt

Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver (maybe :heh:)

Worms Armageddon

Bomberman Online

Ecco The Dolphin

Resident Evil Code Veronica

House of the Dead 2

Tee Off Golf

are the pirated games...can't seem to get them to run though..got the boot disk and it doesn't seem to be having any of it.

Whats the deal with the VMU's and batteries? She said she thought it might need new ones but it seems to be working and managed to get a Crazy Taxi save going... If the battery runs out do you lose all you game saves?

^ no you still have them. When you're playing with the VMU connected to the controller, the VMU uses power from the console and not the battery, which is only used when not connected to the controller. But the saves stay if it does run out of battery power so it's no problem. My VMU hasn't had a battery in it for years and it still has all of my saves.

In 1999 I traded 1 madden n64 game for a dreamcast, 2 controllers, soul cailibur, power stone wars, An ECW game and Shemue.

Was a pretty good deal methinks.

Some great games there... I had Shenmue 1 & 2, Sonic Adventure, Crazy Taxi, Headhunter and Powerstone... all absolutely FANTASTIC and some absolute classics!

Play Powerstone on the DC, it's sublime, then you can play the sequel on your PSP.

Now you just have to get yourself RE: Code Veronica!

I got my Dreamcast fixed earlier this year so it would stop resetting, and we set it up so we could play it again.

Unfortunately, the telly we're using, which was once the games telly and was used to play DC games back then, can't get a decent picture on it anymore. EVEN THOUGH we have it all set up in EXACTLY THE SAME WAY as we did back in the day.

I dunno, it might either be the telly or the cables we're using it. I doubt either of them are in good shape. :hmm:

Some great games there... I had Shenmue 1 & 2, Sonic Adventure, Crazy Taxi, Headhunter and Powerstone... all absolutely FANTASTIC and some absolute classics!

Play Powerstone on the DC, it's sublime, then you can play the sequel on your PSP.

Now you just have to get yourself RE: Code Veronica!

Got it pirated...but can't work out how to get the things working.

I've decided now that I'll be biking around every saturday morning this summer looking for yard sales that may have retro consoles and games.

Its sometimes a good thing when people don't know about games I guess.

Edited by Emasher

I've decided now that I'll be biking around every saturday morning this summer looking for yard sales that may have retro consoles and games.

Its sometimes a good thing when people don't know about games I guess.

Yeah it is a good thing...I very nearly picked up a PS2 and a Megadrive as well but they weren't in the best of conditions upon closer inspection...

Here's my Dreamcast now taking pride of place next to my other consoles;

SANY0002.jpg

Pic taken with my new camera I got for my birthday! :)

On the pirated games front, have you tried running them without the boot disc Flameboy? Just on the off chance that they may boot up there. If that doesn't work, then you could try and get a newer version of the utopia disc but it could be your console. After a certain period, the ability to play boot legs on your console seized to be. The launch units all had it in and I think most of the stuff up to about 2000 did as well. There's a way to check but I don't know what it is.

So hey this is cool, talking about pirated games in here :blank:

Yeah.

Cool the pirate talk lads, yarrr.

Yeah sorry my bad...only meant to mention it...was an odd surprise none the less when the woman took my money and whispered in my ear that it they were at the bottom of the box... cos it had writing saying Dreamcast 5 games etc.... no mention of the piracy...its not something I'm gonna keep up with...much rather build up a legit collection

On the VMU battery front: The batteries are only used to power it when it's being a "mini console". The batteries arent used for the memory card side of things. Although when the battery is dead, the VMU will beep every time the DC is turned on.

IIRC, they are the same batteries used to power the Saturns memory.

On the VMU battery front: The batteries are only used to power it when it's being a "mini console". The batteries arent used for the memory card side of things. Although when the battery is dead, the VMU will beep every time the DC is turned on.

IIRC, they are the same batteries used to power the Saturns memory.

Correct on all accounts :smile:

I have to say, flamey, I'm quite liking the look of that TV.. you're making me jealous :heh:

How does the Dreamcast, Wii and N64 look on that thing? :hehe:

Correct on all accounts :smile:

I have to say, flamey, I'm quite liking the look of that TV.. you're making me jealous :heh:

How does the Dreamcast, Wii and N64 look on that thing? :hehe:

Thanks for the VMU advice guys, turns out got 3 not 2 found another in the bottom of the box...so got 3, one is boxed...

Cheers! Love my TV!

Wii looks great with component cables, shitty on scart. N64 doesn't look great no matter what! Dreamcast still looks on great on RF but think will pick up a scart cable for it at some point...

One thing the Dreamcast really could have used a second analogue stick, was giving echo the dolphin a quick whirl and found myself going for a second analogue stick to turn the camera...

What the fuck?! I remember seeing Shenmue 1 and 2 in Gamestation when I was younger, preowned for around 25 each. That deal you got is stupidly sweet. Idiot people!

That's a sweet collection you've got there. Long live thy Dreamcast. :)

Rez was giving me trouble today.. it didn't want to work :hmm:

I eventually got it to play and did a couple of stages but after I turned it off, I tried putting it back on again and no luck :sad: I checked online to see if it is a common problem and it seems I'm not alone :eek:

The disc is in perfect condition so it's frustrating.. I just hope it works more often than not..

Picked up a rumble pack, scart cable and jet set radio today :yay: the DC love continues...