N-Europe

Did Nintendos E3 Inspire You?

Hero-of-Time

I couldn't agree more. I remember when Majora's Mask was previewed in magazines. That seemed appropriate, but it's bizarre to see Mario's version this early. It's almost like Nintendo truly don't know what to do with their other games, or the designers don't feel very inspired with what they can do with them on Wii.
Even if they're inspired... take Metroid: Other M as a example... it's being developed since 2006, that's 3 years now.

I'm sure Nintendo has a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes, Pikmin, Zelda, intelligent systems must be doing something too, HAL too, etc.

They just aren't ready to show it just yet, or launch them for that matter.

I like to be hyped years prior to a game launching and all that, but Nintendo is secretive, always was and gotten more lately (although perhaps while not showing it they've gotten more open in saying "yeah it's being done"), but that doesn't mean they aren't making anything.

I reckon Nintendo will have more out by the end of the year than they've let on. Wario Land: The Shake Dimension, Disaster: Day of Crisis, Professor Layton and a few others were announced with not long to spare (Disaster was released a full month after Nintendo gave us a proper look at it). Then there's the media summit in October, which always has some fantastic games to show off.

I reckon Nintendo will have more out by the end of the year than they've let on. Wario Land: The Shake Dimension, Disaster: Day of Crisis, Professor Layton and a few others were announced with not long to spare (Disaster was released a full month after Nintendo gave us a proper look at it). Then there's the media summit in October, which always has some fantastic games to show off.

I expect to see a Zelda and Pikmin trailer in October, no doubt in my mind. At least one of them:yay:

I also had a scout about for the Metroid Hunters and Metroid Pinball games but like most decent DS games they were nowhere to be found. I will be check the net for these later. To get my Metroid fix I have been dabbling with playing Prime 3. I started the game but I stopped playing it as I wasn't in the mood. It took me ages to finish the first 2 games as I really have to fancy playing a Metroid game before I actually play for it. I may have to start this before the feeling fades away....

Thoughts?

well thank god they're nowhere to be found anyway :)

There really is no such thing as a metroid fix on the ds unless you use the gba port.

let's see yes.. Yes I have been replaying mario galaxy.. Never got around the clearing it fully so I'm on that now.. I have very little wii games so looking into getting more.

well thank god they're nowhere to be found anyway :)

There really is no such thing as a metroid fix on the ds unless you use the gba port.

let's see yes.. Yes I have been replaying mario galaxy.. Never got around the clearing it fully so I'm on that now.. I have very little wii games so looking into getting more.

The online in Hunters isn't that bad TBH. If the game can be found for cheap, I'd say its still worth picking up for that.

Like many folk here, I personally would have liked to have heard some more solid info about the next Zelda - it really has been far too long! Plus I'm currently going through my Zelda Marathon (trying to complete as many Zelda games in a month as possible!)

Galaxy 2 and Mario Bros. Wii are welcome but they're not really exciting enough - I wish Nintendo would start pumping out their other franchises. My Wii could really do with a bit of F-Zero or Starfox. Metroid doesn't really appeal to me - Other M does however look pretty epic and therefore it may tempt me once I learn more about it. I don't really rate any of the Prime games, I don't know why either, just can't quite get into them.

The casual games also work for me as I like a bit of fun but more in depth titles wouldn't go a miss!

The online in Hunters isn't that bad TBH. If the game can be found for cheap, I'd say its still worth picking up for that.

True but it's just a bit average - impressive for a DS title yes, but there's better games to take online in my opinion.

The short answer? NEIN!!!

Nintendo announced three games worth mentioning.

Beyond that they announced several minigame compilations and a device that will warn me if I go into cardiac arest, which should mean it'll hold for at least 50 years, 'cuz I aint dying from heart disease until I'm 70 or more.

There wasn't really anything inspiring or original there.

The short answer? NEIN!!!

Nintendo announced three games worth mentioning.

Beyond that they announced several minigame compilations and a device that will warn me if I go into cardiac arest, which should mean it'll hold for at least 50 years, 'cuz I aint dying from heart disease until I'm 70 or more.

There wasn't really anything inspiring or original there.

The fact that you're studying to become a game designer (that was you, right?) scares me.

Other M does however look pretty epic and therefore it may tempt me once I learn more about it. I don't really rate any of the Prime games, I don't know why either, just can't quite get into them.

Well, I hadn't even heard of Metroid before Smash Bros. After trying the demo of Prime Hunters that came with my DS, I bought Corruption and really love it. The problem is I'm a completionist, and it gets tedious trying to scan every single object along the way. :heh:

Anyway, I just think you ought to give Metroid another chance. :) I think it's a great universe. I want to sit down and dig into the story of the games one day.

Well, I hadn't even heard of Metroid before Smash Bros. After trying the demo of Prime Hunters that came with my DS, I bought Corruption and really love it. The problem is I'm a completionist, and it gets tedious trying to scan every single object along the way. :heh:

Yep. There are quite a lot of reasons why the original Metroid Prime in particular, although impressive, is not the ideal introduction to the series. The GBA games teach you the general nature of Metroid, without the item scanning, beam switching, visor switching etc.

Yep. There are quite a lot of reasons why the original Metroid Prime in particular, although impressive, is not the ideal introduction to the series. The GBA games teach you the general nature of Metroid, without the item scanning, beam switching, visor switching etc.

There was an X-ray visor in Super Metroid, which im sure inspired some of the visors in Prime. Did anyone else notice the Speed Booster in the Other M trailer? I always wanted to see that in the Prime games but i can see where it would have been difficult to pull off.

There was an X-ray visor in Super Metroid, which im sure inspired some of the visors in Prime. Did anyone else notice the Speed Booster in the Other M trailer? I always wanted to see that in the Prime games but i can see where it would have been difficult to pull off.

I didn't actually see it, it's such an intense video! By the way, does anyone know where we can actually download and save these E3 videos? I've only found places to stream them so far.

As much as I love Zero Mission, I have no idea how to pull off most of the speed booster puzzles, even after I've read the FAQs. It just seems near impossible to me, although I had more success in Metroid Fusion.

I didn't actually see it, it's such an intense video! By the way, does anyone know where we can actually download and save these E3 videos? I've only found places to stream them so far.

As much as I love Zero Mission, I have no idea how to pull off most of the speed booster puzzles, even after I've read the FAQs. It just seems near impossible to me, although I had more success in Metroid Fusion.

Game-trailers allows you to download movies in multiple formats.

You can find all of them in hideous resolution on the Nintendo Channel

Nintendo's E3 press conference frustrated me more than anything. I saw glimpses of promise here and there and a couple of great moments - Galaxy 2 and Metroid Other M.

However I also saw New Super Mario Bros Wii - which is an idea I LOVE, but it's execution is sloppy, both graphically and in terms of lack of online.

I also saw a lack of new IPs, a lack of returning franchises that we've all been hoping for and a focus that still leaves me a feeling a little out in the cold.

I love Wii Sports and I love the look of the follow up, but I'd also have loved to have Nintendo do more to attract big Third Party games like Modern Warfare 2 and Assasin's Creed to the Wii.

I love Wii Sports and I love the look of the follow up, but I'd also have loved to have Nintendo do more to attract big Third Party games like Modern Warfare 2 and Assasin's Creed to the Wii.

I think that the only way to guarantee those titles on Wii is a new machine with the graphical power to match 360 and PS3. I don't think there's a great deal Nintendo can do about it atm...

That said - would be nice if Infinity Ward could be bothered to port us a Modern Warfare 2 in the same vein that Treyarch did with CoD5. I'm guessing CoD5 simply didn't sell well enough on Wii?

I think that the only way to guarantee those titles on Wii is a new machine with the graphical power to match 360 and PS3. I don't think there's a great deal Nintendo can do about it atm...

That said - would be nice if Infinity Ward could be bothered to port us a Modern Warfare 2 in the same vein that Treyarch did with CoD5. I'm guessing CoD5 simply didn't sell well enough on Wii?

That's the problem! COD5 sold over a million copies on the Wii. Granted it was more successful on the PS3 and 360, but it still sold very well on the Wii - and with virtually no marketing may I add.

The fact we're not getting the follow up is very sad, especially as COD5 has got a decent online following on the Wii. When Nintendo sees things like this happening and the Wii being overlooked for MAJOR franchises they could easily step in with a bit of cash and make sure we get the title.

To add insult to injury when we do get something that could be genuinely exciting - like the first 2D mario platformer on a home console since the SNES, they give us an upscaled DS game, based on a multiplayer premise but with no online - and this is Nintendo! I would have expected a whole new and polished graphical style at the very least.

The graphical style isn't new. But it sure is polished. Most of the complaints are about jaggies, but thats probably because the demo pod's TVs are 720p rather than 480p.

But I agree, Nintendo should be paying to get us some of the multi-platform games. Especially Modern Warfare 2 since they already have the engine.

I honestly wonder what they're doing with all that Wii cash.