Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Retro_Link

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the very top near the front you can see what is very clearly an old fashioned ship's wheel.

Ah, saw it. Also noticed that whole section where the wheel is is actually boat shaped. At first it just looked like a stone bridge but now I see it's a ship.

Anyway, I still don't buy that that planet is some sort of transportation for Mario.

...I haven't ventured into this part of the forum for months, but I just saw the new trailer for this. It's the one and only reason I still have my Wii. I have to play this game.

Ditto, for both to be fair.

I'm hoping that the Mario head-shaped planet isn't the HUB. Something similar to the observatory from the last game would be excellent.

Ditto, for both to be fair.

I'm hoping that the Mario head-shaped planet isn't the HUB. Something similar to the observatory from the last game would be excellent.

But last time I read that people didn't like the Hub when it was compared to the Peaches castle and SMS :/ So now we want the hub back? :D

Who knows, for all said and done, the mario planet might be one part of the main area.

Please, no.

But last time I read that people didn't like the Hub when it was compared to the Peaches castle and SMS :/ So now we want the hub back? :D

The observatory was the worst part of SMG, IMO. Peache's Castle was the only good Mario hub as far as I'm concerned. If SMG2 is to have a hub, and odds are it will have one, it should be 360º, one where you can walk everywhere and features gravity effects too.

And while we're on this, it should also feature dynamic music like Banjo Kazooie did, so the music changes depending on what part you are in. And also like in Banjo Kazooie, the hub should have puzzles to solve too, make it more than just a hub.

Why is it so important to so many people that the music is orchestrated?

Surely if the music sounds good and behaves properly within the game it doesn't matter where the final sounds have originated from.

I agree. Many games people moaned about MIDI music such as Mario Kart Wii, I didn't notice til they moaned

That said, Mario Galaxy's soundtrack is awesome and deserves orchestration

Why is it so important to so many people that the music is orchestrated?

Surely if the music sounds good and behaves properly within the game it doesn't matter where the final sounds have originated from.

Because it was a revelation in the original?? One of its strongest assets (among many). No one is saying that all the music should be orchestrated. There'll probably be a balance.

I'm really hoping they haven't filled the game with Yoshi levels. Ok it's a nice change of pace, but hopefully most of it will be Mario only.

Dunno if this has been posted before but IGN have a Hands-on and seem to note that none of the front end stuff was done, and the map selection stuff was all just a make-shift room for the demo.

Thank **** for that.

Because it was a revelation in the original?? One of its strongest assets (among many). No one is saying that all the music should be orchestrated. There'll probably be a balance.

Exactly. Galaxy had one of if not THE best soundtrack to a game in my opinion, to do away with orchestration for the sequel would be a bit silly.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!