NEurope
Ashley

Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing

Sega have announced that Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing will be available on the Wii, DS, 360 and PS3 early next year. The game will allow you to race in character-customised cars, planes and motorbikes across a variety of Sega backdrops.

More info: http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=13230

aaaaaand flame :p

As I said in the other consoles thread:

:nono:

Anyone else just dislike seeing Sonic characters nowadays!

So is this Sega's big announcement, thought that was coming tomorrow.

EDIT: Wouldn't the name sound better without the 's' on the end of All-Stars?

I like the way they don't have enough confidence in the SEGA brand alone, putting Sonic in on his own also. But then again, they know that the Sonci universe isn't strong enough on it's own like the Mario one is, so they shoe horn the rest of htier mascots in also.

Sonic needs a Sonic R update with those 90's euro pop songs. Nothing else matters.

Another bastardisation of the Sonic (SEGA) brand.

When I saw Tails flying his plane in the trailer, I thought ooh! maybe we've got a Diddy Kong Racing type game going on here!...

But what do Sega do!... stick Sonic in a car and make Tails drive his plane!

Haha, oh dear. SEGA will no doubt be putting another nail in Sonic's coffin with this one.

Im very confused, mostly as to why Sonic would need a kart in the first place?! He's SONIC FFS!

To those who didn't buy Madworld or House of the Dead.

Thanks. Thanks a bunch.

Edited by david.dakota

Well what did you all expect. he´s a blue hedgehog for crying out loud....A BLUE ONE!

Running around with major speed is the only thing he can do.......and HE is the leading character of THE Sega?!?:laughing:

They might aswell put him in all sort of transportational stuff, as long as we never see him running again.

Never understood the concept nor the games, never will.......

To those who didn't buy Madworld or House of the Dead.

Thanks. Thanks a bunch.

This is a multi-format release - I don't think the sales of those 2 games have anything to do with this announcement.

If this gets good reviews and has an online mode, I may purchase, and it would be the first Sonic game I've purchased since Mega Collection on the Cube.

Sonic uses a car as a handicap. Can't be too fast.

:cry:

God the Wii version of this game is gonna sell through the roof :/

For those who don't like it: think of this as something that's financing the HVS games.

I'm more bugged by the fact that Tails isn't piloting the Tornado...

For those who don't like it: think of this as something that's financing the HVS games.
Hows it doing that?

To be fair, looking at some screens this does look like it could be quite decent. And based on the quality of Sega Superstar Tennis, which wasn't exactly awful, this could turn out to be quite a surprise. But who is honestly going to buy this when they have Mario Kart in their Wii?

Methinks this is going to be more for the PSS360 audience who want an alternative to Mario Kart.

Methinks this is going to be more for the PSS360 audience who want an alternative to Mario Kart.

I can't imagine that being a particularly big audience though.

Sales will still end up being predominantly driven by the Wii version.

Hows it doing that?

As was the case with MadWorld and House of the Dead, no one is going to buy The Conduit, or HVS' other projects, should SEGA choose to publish them.

To be fair, looking at some screens this does look like it could be quite decent. And based on the quality of Sega Superstar Tennis, which wasn't exactly awful, this could turn out to be quite a surprise. But who is honestly going to buy this when they have Mario Kart in their Wii?

why buy any of the 100s of fps games on 360 when you own halo 3? same thing..

when people like a game they want more.. this might prove to be a suprise.. mainly because I doubt sonic team are making it.

If they put a sticker on the Wii version that says it uses the Wii Wheel. It will sell. They just need to make the people who bought Mario Kart buy it. Most of the people who own 360s or PS3s wouldn't care about this sort of game, its probably going to sell the most on the Wii.

If they put a sticker on the Wii version that says it uses the Wii Wheel. It will sell. They just need to make the people who bought Mario Kart buy it. Most of the people who own 360s or PS3s wouldn't care about this sort of game, its probably going to sell the most on the Wii.

Wouldn't any racer use the Wii Wheel though? It doesn't do anything. I don't even use it when I play my housemates on Mario Kart.

Anyway, Sega, it took you a long time to do this. I thought you were going to go down the Super Sonic Kart route a long time ago. You're a few years (or generations) too late. :heh:

Wouldn't any racer use the Wii Wheel though? It doesn't do anything. I don't even use it when I play my housemates on Mario Kart.

Anyway, Sega, it took you a long time to do this. I thought you were going to go down the Super Sonic Kart route a long time ago. You're a few years (or generations) too late. :heh:

It does make the "B" button much easier to use. And the Casual gamers like it for some reason, so I've heard. Most of us on here would realize its not really worth it, but I can't say the same about all Wii owners.

Wait.....

Why the hate? TBF I havn't seen the trailer, but the screens and logo and idea sound bad ass to me. I like Kart games, and I like Sonic as a character.

Should be better than the Sonic games from.....well....since Sonic. ;)