NEurope
Choze

NEW MGS

On the cap is the map of Pangaea (united world)

pangaeacontinents.png

IGNPS3 - Currently, the teaser site has S (or possibly 5), 3, e, P, E and R. Based on images in the magazine, a future update will see the following added: the letter O or the numeral 0, C, and 6.

Kojima toyed with Hamamura as Hamamura attempted to make some sense out of the numbers. Hamamura pointed to an image from the site and said that it was a "5." To which Kojima responded, "Eh? That looks like a 5?" This could suggest that it's actually an S.

Hamamura also tried to order the number and letter appearances, saying that the countdown starts with a 5 (or S, as it may be), then goes to an E and a 3. Kojima wouldn't confirm that E is actually an E. He did say that the "e" is a lower case letter, suggesting that it is indeed an "e" instead of an "@" symbol or a kanji snake symbol as some have theorized.

This is where the censoring started. Hamamura started a discussion of the P, but most of what he said was blocked off.

Moving on to the first image that appeared at the site, which everyone and their mom assumed to be Big Boss, Kojima noted that the way the teaser site character wears his "XX" is different.

The XX in the above is one of the censored phrases. The magazine actually uses white circles to block individual characters. Here, the two Xs mean that the blocked phrase consists of two characters. They could be numbers, roman characters, Japanese alphabetic characters, or kanji.

To perhaps help clarify, Kojima reminded Hamamura about the time that Hamamura had asked him, "Won't you make Metal Gear?" Kojima recalled having replied at the time, "I won't make XXXX." Here, he noted, "XXXXXX has become XXXX." He also added, "When I told my son that Metal Gear Solid was finished, I was told, 'If XXXXXXXXXXX, it will be really funny. At least don't do that.' (laughter)."

Changing the subject, Kojima became the interviewer and asked Hamamura what expected to be announced at E3.

Hamamura: I think it will be the announcement of "We will do Metal Gear XXXXXXX."

Kojima: Not quite.

Hamamura: Really!?

Kojima: It's just as I'd planned.

Hamamura: Really!? Because, when the thunder sounded and the screen lit up, "5"...

Kojima: It's X. [remember, "X" is a censored character]

Hamamura: X!? It's different from 5?

Kojima: No. It is XXX. Oh, I might as well say everything. XXX will appear.

Hamamura: Really!

The circle characters become really abundant from this point on, making it almost impossible to translate to English without placing some sort of unintended meaning in the words. Even translated to English, it would probably be impossible to figure out the meaning of anything.

As an example of how bad things get, here's the little passage about the meaning of the teaser site's P:

Kojima: What do you think the P is?

Hamamura: XXXXXXXXXX's XXXXXX?

Kojima: But XXXXXXXXX. It's XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.

Hamamura: Oh! Of course!

The Famitsu interview with Kojima has four pages of this, with the third and fourth pages being particularly packed with the circle characters. We read through the whole thing over and over again and picked up a number of little bits, like Kojima comparing something about the game to being like Western game development and Kojima suggesting that the game's release won't be too far off. But without the full context, we'll avoid making "solid" statements.

Next week's issue promises the full interview minus all the circles. By then, the teases at the teaser site will have hopefully come to an end, and we'll know the true identity of Hideo Kojima's latest.

Hamamura: I think it will be the announcement of "We will do Metal Gear Solid 5."

Kojima: Not quite.

Hamamura: Really!?

Kojima: It's just as I'd planned.

Hamamura: Really!? Because' date=' when the thunder sounded and the screen lit up, "5"...

Kojima: It's S.

Hamamura: S!? It's different from 5?

Kojima: No. It is MGS. Oh, I might as well say everything. MGS will appear.

Hamamura: Really!

Kojima: What do you think the P is?

Hamamura: Policenaut's Johnny?

Kojima: But XXXXXXXXX. It's XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.

Hamamura: Oh! Of course![/quote']

Edited by Dante
Automerged Doublepost

For those who havn't got it yet. I saw MGS 4 for just £9.97 in Currys today!

I have a feeling this is obvious like the i + ! thing.

For those who havn't got it yet. I saw MGS 4 for just £9.97 in Currys today!

Platinum copy?

I'll just stick with my signed copy of MGS4.

OH YES! :D

MGSBeret.jpg

"Militaires Sans Frontières", which essentially translates in "Military without Boundaries".

The color coding of this Old Man's cap is eerily similar to the one that was utilized by the 8th special forces group who were a part of the "Green Beret" program in real history. The time line within which this group was operational was between 1963-1972.

The words of "Militaires Sans Frontières" is based on real program Médecins Sans Frontières(doctors without borders). This non governmental organization came into being in the year 1970 during the events of Biafara Succession during the Nigerian Civil War.

Try and buy the special edition. Its one of the best i have brought. Plus its better because the actual game is damn good and you get to see Kojima and the lead programmer shouting at each other :p

Really good extras.

Try and buy the special edition. Its one of the best i have brought. Plus its better because the actual game is damn good and you get to see Kojima and the lead programmer shouting at each other :p

Really good extras.

I watched that recently, I usually enjoy these making-of's or behind the scenes extras. Coincidentally it was my first BD, too.

WILL THERE BE EGGS AFTER EVERY MISSION IN THIS ONE?

I MUST KNOW!!!

I watched that recently, I usually enjoy these making-of's or behind the scenes extras. Coincidentally it was my first BD, too.

Yeah i regret many of them but MGS4 i feel proud of.

nope was a normal copy...

What branch just so i can price match them, you sure it was a tenna yeah?

What branch just so i can price match them, you sure it was a tenna yeah?

Yep defo had to double take to check...sure it must be a mistake...anyway was the Harrogate branch.

Better HQ scans

0mgss.th.jpg1mgs.th.jpg

0mgs3.th.jpgmgs4.th.jpg

mgs5.th.jpgmgs6.th.jpg

305C 6 RES P3e and Raiden(?) has brown eyes and two holes in his head.

Edited by Dante
Automerged Doublepost

Dante, resize, spoiler tags, do something. Every thread i go into these days takes 5 minutes to load up because of your pictures.

Dante, resize, spoiler tags, do something. Every thread i go into these days takes 5 minutes to load up because of your pictures.

Okay but dont you have broadband?

Okay but dont you have broadband?

Nope Caris has Virgin Media mwhaha

aha of course he has silly, it just takes a bit to scroll down if the pics are huge is all.

20mb Broadband, but still can you not just make them smaller or something.

20mb Broadband, but still can you not just make them smaller or something.

Thumbnailed them and imageshack has resizes them but if you click on the direct link option it shows them as the normal sizes.

Much better, do that from now on!

Thanks.

No but i have broadband :( I dont want to click to go to a slow website

1Up's: Hints at E3 Announcements, Annoys Gamers Worldwide.(bolded the new info)

This week's issue of Japan's Famitsu magazine is great fun if you're a game-news masochist. The top story in it is an exclusive interview between Hirokazu Hamamura (president of Famitsu publisher Enterbrain) and Konami's Hideo Kojima, the man behind Metal Gear Solid and all sorts of other things. In the interview, Kojima lays out plans for the games his team will be announcing at the event, giving basic outlines of each title and discussing how they fit in with the stories he's worked on in the past.

Except that you're not allowed to read any of that, because Famitsu has redacted pretty much all of the details from the interview text (as seen above). Rough. The magazine promises to reveal the censored portions in next week's issue, but that'll come out right in the middle of E3, by which point we'll know everything anyway. Kojima is a mean person like that sometimes.

Let's discuss what we can deduct from the non-redacted portions of the interview. The story begins with Hamamura showing Kojima screen grabs from his Koji-Pro teaser site -- the background, the timer, the letter displays in the background, and then Big Boss flashed really quick onscreen. Or is that Big Boss after all? "The way he has his [censored] on is a bit different," Kojima commented, also noting that that's not a Fox-Hound logo on his headgear but rather something that looks a bit like a world map.

Kojima continues: "By the way, I know I told you earlier that I wouldn't do [censored]. You asked me if I was working on Metal Gear, and I replied 'Well, I'm not doing [censored].' Besides, [censored] is already a [censored], too. When I told my son that I was finished with Metal Gear Solid, he said 'If you do [censored] again, that'd be hilarious. Anything but that!'"

When Kojima asks Hamamura what he thinks will be announced at E3, the Famitsu publisher replies with "Metal Gear [censored]," bringing up the "5" that's flashed on the teaser site. "Kojima's reply: "That's a [censored]. I mean, it's a [censored], but... I'll just say it. We'll have [censored] out. [Censored] will be there as part of [censored]. That's what the [censored] is for, the [censored]."

This is pretty much how the next few pages of the interview proceed. Reading between the lines, it seems clear that Kojima that is working on one of his "main titles" in a game-design and director capacity. "I think the audience [for it] will be centered around Japan, but it will be released worldwide," he said. "This is [censored] as far as I'm concerned. I'm not going to call it [censored], but it has the story, and the MGS4 team is working on it, too." Another hint: When Hamamura asks if this game is a "[censored]" (judging by the context, the censored word is probably "sequel"), Kojima replies "It is a [censored]. There's this, and I had said that we were going to do the original, but this project wound up getting ahead."

Kojima then goes on to discuss the project that the "R" in the teaser site represents. Nearly all of this is redacted, but Kojima hints that whatever "R" represents will get a big presentation at E3, perhaps at one of the hardware conferences. He also discusses its development process a bit: "It's close to how Western games are made. It's still experimental, so if it goes well, then it may make everything else we've done moot; we may not even be able to sell it (laughs)." Finally, he suggests that the product could go on sale "not all that far away from now."

Wrapping up the interview, Kojima tells Famitsu readers that "I hope everyone is looking forward to E3...I think these are the sort of announcements we make about once every three years. It might be a little early still, but I thought announcing it all together would be better. It's really not going to unfold until a little afterward, but E3 is going big this year, so..."

Kojima also hinted that his focus during the conference will be more on the big announcements than the extended trailer videos that have attracted major crowds to Konami's booths in the past. "We're making a trailer, but the era for that is over, I think," he commented. You can put them on the net, on YouTube, and you can see trailers without having to go anyplace. I think [E3] booths these days aren't going to work like they used to."

Is that enough to get your mind going? Hopefully it is, because we aren't gonna get anything else until June 2 rolls around.

Some site has upload this url - Metal Gear: E3 Track 03

http://akirawing.com

Category: Gaming

Tags:

Metal Gear Solid 5 MGS MGS5 Snake Music Harry Gregson-Williams Video Game Hideo Kojima Akira Wing Konami Raiden Big Boss Grey Fox The Ninja Cyborg Solid Snake David Hayter

Sites update code has changed:

Backgrounds

Past:

http://dl.konami.jp/kojima_pro/next/img/eae.swf - No Longer working

http://dl.konami.jp/kojima_pro/next/img/eah.swf - Flashing clouds

http://dl.konami.jp/kojima_pro/next/img/ebb.swf - Thunder and Light Rain

Current:

http://dl.konami.jp/kojima_pro/next/img/ebg.swf - Thunder and Heavy Rain

Future?:

http://dl.konami.jp/kojima_pro/next/img/ebi.swf - Snow?

http://dl.konami.jp/kojima_pro/next/img/fa.swf - Sun!?

Letters / Character

Past:

http://dl.konami.jp/kojima_pro/next/img/key_eah.swf - (S or 5)

http://dl.konami.jp/kojima_pro/next/img/key_ebb.swf - (E S 3 e)

Current:

http://dl.konami.jp/kojima_pro/next/img/key_ebg.swf - (S E 3 e P R)

Future?:

http://dl.konami.jp/kojima_pro/next/img/key_ebi.swf

http://dl.konami.jp/kojima_pro/next/img/key_fa.swf

The coutdown

5/18 - Done

5/22 - Done

5/27 - Done

5/30 - ???? (Ninja??)

6/1

filename = the date of reveal

eah = 5(e) / 10(a) + 8(h)

ebb = 5(e) / 20(b) + 2(b)