NEurope
Choze

Battlefield Bad Company 2

Im buying this, but I just dont know if eventually when the n00bs realise its not about kills but capping bases, and actual cap. Or they will just fuck off back to MW2.

I was playing Bad Company 1 last night. There were still tons of people on my team who didn't seem to have a clue as to what to do, but then there were a lot of people who were playing it properly. Just like I've seen in the Demo for BC2. If that's anything to go buy, I'm going to guess they'll stick with it for a while at least.

In other news, this game is looking like it could be more popular than most people have been predicting. I opened up a Future Shop (Electronics Retailer) flyer (adds they send to people's houses, not sure if stores do this in Europe), and noticed that it was being advertised throughout the flyer on all the screens of the adds for TVs. After looking around at a few retailer's websites, I noticed that it was the featured game on just about all of them. I'm wondering how well this will do, considering the first only sold 2.14 Million units.

That's a really good point actually. They seem to be pushing as an alternative Modern Warfare 2 in the mainstream public, and with good reason. What with hype for CoD dying down and complaints about glitches and the like its convenient timing to say the least.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong but didn't 1943 sell better than BC? If so alot of sales could be attributed to that. Even I didn't own BC1,and I'm still set on buying it.

On the 360 alone, 1943 sold 600 000 copies on its first day I believe, which was ~200 000 copies less than the PS3 version of bad company sold in its lifetime. I'm guessing Bad Company 2 is going to do better than that.

It's going to sell big. There's a massive buzz, the multiplayer demo was much better than the original BC one and 1943 was a massive success so it can't really go wrong.

I ended up not pre-ordering it, hopefully I'll still be able to get a copy.

I've got the following in my area:

Rogers Plus

Blockbuster

Zellers

Future Shop

EB Games

Superstore

Hopefully one of those one of them has a copy, although, its never been that hard to get games on day one here.

Have no idea how I'm going to get this day one. It totally deserves it, I can't wait to get my teeth stuck into online. I really don't care for the campaign modes on FPS games like these. Futuristic ones yes but normal warfare to me is far too boring and predictable.

Ign gave it 8.9, Gameinformer 9.5

Also do the yanks get it earlier? There web-site says its out tomorrow.

My copy from Game has been dispatched. Hopefully get it tomorrow :D

I thought Europe got it on the 4th. Perhaps thats Australia I'm thinking of though.

Anyway, lots of controversy on the mainstream forums in regards to the IGN score. In all honesty, the score didn't match the review. His only legitimate complaint was that there wasn't enough down time in the single player campaign to build up suspense. Most of his other complaints were that it was different from MW2.

*I meant 4th

Plus, you don't need a review score to influence your decision in either direction on whether or not to buy the game. You should just buy it because whoever says the multiplayer is bad fails at life.

I thought Europe got it on the 4th. Perhaps thats Australia I'm thinking of though.

Amazon (Germany) says it's the 4th, too. I hope so, then I'll have the weekend to play :)

Honestly, I can't wait.

Anyway, lots of controversy on the mainstream forums in regards to the IGN score. In all honesty, the score didn't match the review. His only legitimate complaint was that there wasn't enough down time in the single player campaign to build up suspense. Most of his other complaints were that it was different from MW2.

I thought that myself when I read the review and saw the score, but then lets be honest 8.9 isn't exactly shit now is it.

Perhaps one is the ship date, and one is the launch date. Or perhaps certain contries are expected to get it a day late due to shipping.

In regards to the review score. Reviews barely influence my decision to buy games, and the IGN ones probably have the least out of all the major sites. But there's nothing wrong with criticizing a review because of things that the reviewer said that were just plain wrong. If it was just his opinion it would be fine, but for example, he said something about the game being more realistic because of the added health recovery.

8.9 is a good score, and that's not the main problem I have with the review (although, it does seem a bit low if you compare it to the scores of similar games).

Well Game is dispatching copies early for preorders apparently, so whichever it is, if you preordered you'll probably get it a day early

Is this looking better than the first Bad Company then? I played the 1st for a bit but it seemed a bit poo. As a result I kinda dismissed BC2. Are we talking more like Battlefield 2 or more like Bad Company/Heroes?

We're basically talking the funnest online multiplayer game ever.

Ostensibly it's very similar to the original Bad Company, but the things that have changed make such a dramatic difference.

The actual gunplay feels better — a mix of better handling and proper ADS for each weapon — and enemies no longer take an entire clip to the chest. The destructibility is more granular and interesting. Pretty much everything you do is rewarded with XP, greatly encouraging teamwork. There's more to unlock and greater diversity within each class. The netcode is better. Pistols are incredibly useful and the knife attack is really satisfying.

If you got any enjoyment out of BFBC or 1943, this is that but better in pretty much every conceivable way.

Damnit I want this game now. The last competitive online FPS I bought was Killzone 2 (excluding Borderlands, which doesn't count) and this looks to be just as awesome, probably better in many ways (they're quite different).

I have the urge to start unlocking tons of shit and winning every game again. I'm awesome at it! I was born to play BF man!

To put it more simply, its not Battlefield Bad Company 1.5, its Battlefield Bad Company 2, in more than just the name. Battlefield 1943 felt a lot like a standalone DLC pack for the first game, but this game is significantly different.

I'm actually intrigued to see what DICE do with the Medal of Honour multiplayer. But after BC2 I'll want to have a different shooting experience, ala Reach, which just can't fail to be insanely good.

I have a feeling they're going to do more along the lines of standard game types, but with their own additions. Assuming the game uses the frostbite engine, it could turn out quite good.

Edit:

GT is doing their Hour One special for this now:

http://www.gametrailers.com/hour-one/battlefield-bad-company-2/

The site seems to be unstable at the moment though.

Edited by Emasher