NEurope
Choze

Battlefield Bad Company 2

Since 1943 and Heroes are releasing soon might as make a separate topic.

Online multiplayer trailer:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-battlefield-bad/49569

Notes on Battlefield: Bad Company 2

• Simultaneous PC & console release
  • Gold Rush game mode has been renamed to just “Rush”
  • Snowy map in screens and video called Port Valdez
  • Medic class can revive teammates with a defibrillator within 5 (10?) seconds of them dying. Defibrillator is an unlock
  • Health injector removed. Health regenerates on its own.
  • Highly improved squad system. 4 person squads with your squad mates names viewable in the lower HUD
  • No user controllable jets
  • More spread out achievements tied to unlocks
  • Highly customizable weapons
  • More gadgets
  • 6-8 crates per map
  • More game modes coming in addition to Rush and Conquest
  • No mod support since there are no tools for the Frostbite engine
  • Details on PC version will be released later
  • New vehicles such as very fast 4-wheelers. Holds 2.
  • More blood, more serious Battlefield game
  • There will be a type of artillery
  • Destruction 2.0 allows you to chip away at cover and completely destroy buildings
  • Spotting enemies works a little differently. To spot you press the back button (on Xbox 360) and the enemy will show up on your squad’s mini map.
  • Ammo crates have been removed. You must now get ammo packs from an engineer.
  • 4 kits - assault, recon, medic, engineer (4 but with options like 2142 or KZ2)

http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=158363

Gameplay offcamera vid.

957916_05212009_screen002.jpg

957916_05212009_screen003.jpg

957916_05212009_screen004.jpg

957916_05212009_screen001.jpg

You know the online for this will be a blast. Scheduled for 2010. My most played online console fps behind KZ2.

Well with KZ, Resistance and MAG I don't feel the need to buy something like this. Imo these 3 make Battlefield look average.

Well with KZ, Resistance and MAG I don't feel the need to buy something like this. Imo these 3 make Battlefield look average.

2010. Its similar to Mag i guess but bad company was my most played console fps before kz2. Always keep an eye on DICE they are great. Though i hope Mag gives them a kick to do more.

Woop cant wait for this, i was addicted to the first one for a good few months, one of best onlines going, the destruction put it miles ahead of the other fps's out, put cod to shame i thought!

Will defo be gettin rank 25 on this again :D

The screenshots make it look like a serious game. I thought the first was a fairly solid shooter with a dollop of humour?

The first ones storyline was well funny, i hope they keep up the fun in this one, its one of the reasons i liked it so much, saving the king from the golf course was funny as xD

Havent played the single player much but multiplayer action is superb, much better than COD's. Especially long term. You have some cool game mechanics and ability to damage buildings that makes sense for gameplay(fixed damage e.g 1 shot does this exactly etc.). Single player is abit boring imo though it is mission based and you can roam around with alot of freedom. Wonky AI hurts it abit. but it is different.

Edited by Choze

I completely have changed my mind about this. I'm becoming an FPS whore, and I'm looking forward to this because of the brilliance that is 1943.

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/101/1015902p1.html

Some cool details there, basically very destructible environments, tons of customisation and larger, more detailed maps. Yummy.

Have you guys seen the video where they took out the support beams and the whole house came tumbling down :)

I loved BF1. So this is a must have for me :)

So the Beta is out for the PS3 in about a week. I've managed to get a code, is anyone else on here in?

So the Beta is out for the PS3 in about a week. I've managed to get a code, is anyone else on here in?

How do you get one?

Bad timing with COD surely?

Impressions from the beta:

You can tell as soon as you launch the game, that this game has had a lot of work put into it. The main menu itself is very well done (They've gone with a sort of XMB like system). Battlefield Bad Company 2, is not just Bad Company one with the improvements made with 1943 added. 1943 actually feels closer to the first Bad Company.

Graphically, the engine has been improved a lot. The It can use nicer looking textures, it has better lighting (it reminds me of RE5 a bit), and the destructible environments have been improved greatly. The game's frame-rate very rarely drops.

Gameplay wise its been changed a little as well. The one map included in the Beta is much more detailed, and feels larger than the maps Gold Rush maps in the first game (African Harbor is a rush map, rather than a conquest one). Gameplay wise, The game feels more balanced between attackers and defenders. Defenders can actually hold off the attackers from entering the area with the targets for an extended period of time, matches are longer, and are a lot more fun to play.

They've also changed the class system and unlocks, as well as how some of the types of guns work. The classes are now Assault, Recon, Engineer, and Medic. The assault class carries and Assault rifle, ammo crates, and either an under-barrel grenade launcher,under barrel shotgun, or charges. Recon Carries a sniper rifle, a motion sensor, charges, and once the unlock it, a device to call mortar fire on a specific target. The Engineer caries a sub machine gun, a power tool, a rocket launcher, and once they unlock it, anti tank mines. The Medic carries a machine gun, handheld defibrillators, and med packs. Every class carries a pistol, grenades, a knife, and have the option of carrying a shotgun rather than their main weapon.

The shotguns in the game feel worse to use, as they don't have a dot in the center of the cross-hair, making them slightly harder to use, otherwise, they feel better than the ones from the last game. All the weapons feel slightly better to use, however, the submachine guns have improved the most. Now, you can actually look down their sights, making them much more usable. The unlocks work differently in this as well. Weapons are no longer based on the faction you're playing as. You start with one weapon for each class, no matter what faction you're playing as, it will always be the same. As you use a class more, you will unlock new weapons from that class, as you rank up, you will unlock new things for all classes.

There aren't very many vehicles in the beta, but you can tell from the statistics page what will be in the game. All the old ground transports are back, with the exception of the golf cart. The golf cart has been replaced by a quad. The tanks are exactly the same as before. There are 3 types of helicopters. Two gunships and what looks like a transport helicopter, however, there aren't any helicopters in the beta. There's an unmanned drone you can fly from a terminal, which allows you to select targets to be bombed. There's also a way to call in an air-strike. The boat from Bad Company 1 is back, in terms of water vehicles the game also has a jet ski. There are also various stationary weapons you can use. The vehicles page looks like there is space for more vehicles, the way its been designed, so I don't think this is the complete list.

There are also perks in the game, but they're not cheap like those in CoD. Some are infantry perks, some are vehicle perks. They're all unlocked like new weapons are. The game has recovery health like 1943, but its been improved, rather than ducking behind a wall, and waiting a few seconds, you have to wait quite a while before your health begins to recover. For some reason the med kits don't work in the beta. The game also now has blood in it.

The only glitch I've encountered has been that the knife and switch weapons buttons occasionally get switched around when you respawn, but it fixes itself as soon as you respawn again. There are also a few graphical glitches that aren't worth mentioning.

Everyone should note that EA is currently having a problem with their servers. Stats and weapon unlocks are not being saved, so you have to re unlock everything every time you play. This is also effecting Bad Company 1. EA says they'll have this fixed by monday.

Edited by Emasher

MW2 is a very different game. There is hardly any team work in MW2 even on objective games. But its hard for any fps to beat MW2 overall.

any way i can get in the beta right now?

I posted a link to a site that was giving away EU codes in the PS General discussion. I don't know if they still have any.

Really, if any multiplatform FPS is going to top Modern Warfare 2 in the eyes of the mainstream, its this.

Played the beta for around an hour: it's brilliant. The map is big, kinda like MAG where you progress through areas, except in this it's fun and not overly sized. They nailed this game. Only thing I would've liked to see is a bit of detail in the maps, like the buildings actually having some sort of interior etc.

Impressions from the beta:

You can tell as soon as you launch the game, that this game has had a lot of work put into it. The main menu itself is very well done (They've gone with a sort of XMB like system). Battlefield Bad Company 2, is not just Bad Company one with the improvements made with 1943 added. 1943 actually feels closer to the first Bad Company. Graphically, the engine has been improved a lot. The It can use nicer looking textures, it has better lighting (it reminds me of RE5 a bit), and the destructible environments have been improved greatly. The game's frame-rate very rarely drops. Gameplay wise its been changed a little as well. The one map included in the Beta is much more detailed, and feels larger than the maps Gold Rush maps in the first game (African Harbor is a rush map, rather than a conquest one). Gameplay wise, The game feels more balanced between attackers and defenders. Defenders can actually hold off the attackers from entering the area with the targets for an extended period of time, matches are longer, and are a lot more fun to play. They've also changed the class system and unlocks, as well as how some of the types of guns work. The classes are now Assault, Recon, Engineer, and Medic. The assault class carries and Assault rifle, ammo crates, and either an under-barrel grenade launcher,under barrel shotgun, or charges. Recon Carries a sniper rifle, a motion sensor, charges, and once the unlock it, a device to call mortar fire on a specific target. The Engineer caries a sub machine gun, a power tool, a rocket launcher, and once they unlock it, anti tank mines. The Medic carries a machine gun, handheld defibrillators, and med packs. Every class carries a pistol, grenades, a knife, and have the option of carrying a shotgun rather than their main weapon. The shotguns in the game feel worse to use, as they don't have a dot in the center of the cross-hair, making them slightly harder to use, otherwise, they feel better than the ones from the last game. All the weapons feel slightly better to use, however, the submachine guns have improved the most. Now, you can actually look down their sights, making them much more usable. The unlocks work differently in this as well. Weapons are no longer based on the faction you're playing as. You start with one weapon for each class, no matter what faction you're playing as, it will always be the same. As you use a class more, you will unlock new weapons from that class, as you rank up, you will unlock new things for all classes. There aren't very many vehicles in the beta, but you can tell from the statistics page what will be in the game. All the old ground transports are back, with the exception of the golf cart. The golf cart has been replaced by a quad. The tanks are exactly the same as before. There are 3 types of helicopters. Two gunships and what looks like a transport helicopter, however, there aren't any helicopters in the beta. There's an unmanned drone you can fly from a terminal, which allows you to select targets to be bombed. There's also a way to call in an air-strike. The boat from Bad Company 1 is back, in terms of water vehicles the game also has a jet ski. There are also various stationary weapons you can use. The vehicles page looks like there is space for more vehicles, the way its been designed, so I don't think this is the complete list. There are also perks in the game, but they're not cheap like those in CoD. Some are infantry perks, some are vehicle perks. They're all unlocked like new weapons are. The game has recovery health like 1943, but its been improved, rather than ducking behind a wall, and waiting a few seconds, you have to wait quite a while before your health begins to recover. For some reason the med kits don't work in the beta. The game also now has blood in it. The only glitch I've encountered has been that the knife and switch weapons buttons occasionally get switched around when you respawn, but it fixes itself as soon as you respawn again. There are also a few graphical glitches that aren't worth mentioning.

Everyone should note that EA is currently having a problem with their servers. Stats and weapon unlocks are not being saved, so you have to re unlock everything every time you play. This is also effecting Bad Company 1. EA says they'll have this fixed by monday.

I wish i could read all that without losing my place, paragraphs you plonker :)

I wish i could read all that without losing my place, paragraphs you plonker :)

Done. I was in a bit of a rush when I typed it up.

Does anyone know if Aeroplanes are going to be in the final game?

Oh yeah, just had a game on the beta and got the ace pin badge aka be the best player in the round.

Pretty good going I think.

Also, Nitro karts = massive damage!

Does anyone know if Aeroplanes are going to be in the final game?

Oh yeah, just had a game on the beta and got the ace pin badge aka be the best player in the round.

Pretty good going I think.

Also, Nitro karts = massive damage!

Not player flyable ones. There will be helicopters though, the map in the beta just didn't have any, buy you can see them on the stats screen.

Jesus Christ, read this madness:

I entered a game, (I was on the attacker side). I put some dynamite on my car, got in and drove full speed into enemy territory. As I was getting closer I saw two enemy tanks, I smashed right into them, jumped out and detonated. I went up in a blazing fire of glory, but my sacrifice was not in vein as I got about 1100 points for my suicidal ways. With that one tactic, I went straight to number one on the score board.

Just thought I'd share that with you all.

It's stuff like that that makes BF. Fair play to you.

Have you used the UAV yet? They are just so awesome, being able to dip missiles onto buildings from really high up, or just to pick off the odd camper... Dang it's brilliant. I love how they go to town on the points on some occasions. Blowing up a vehicle can net you 600 points depending on circumstances.