NEurope
Choze

Battlefield Bad Company 2

Managed to win the map as an attacker!!! Woop go me, I planted so many charges, enjoying it alot, cant wait. Pre-Ordered!!!

This is great when you get good teammates but when you have a team that won't defuse the bombs or choose to walk on foot instead of of using vehicles it get's frustrating.

It's still pretty laggy aswell I keep teleporting now and again.

I just figure out how to fire normal tank rounds while firing but I seem to remember there being smokes in the first Bad Company?

Edited by The-Ironflame

The tank smoke is a vehicle perk that you unlock after getting so many kills with the vehicle (See the unlocks screen).

Bad Company 2 beta is live on the PS store, can't wait to have another bash on it before it releases.

As is the AvP multiplayer demo.

I decided to download it on my UK PSN account rather than waiting for them to put it up on the US one.

This is the first time I've ever been hyped for a demo.

pre-ordered on steam because I love Battlefield 2, and although regenerating health has me wincing, I figure I need to give it a go. Looks great

This game is fucking intense. I've said it before but man it is brilliant. The new map I actually think is better than the other beta map, the vehicles are bloody fantastic, I spent 90 % of my time in one, they're so fun and powerful. Each very different, the 3 types of tank were sublime, loved the one that fires around six long range arking bombs, got 4000 points in it in my first game :) The one with the second player alternate fire, looks like the end of a minigun but fires flak-like rounds, is also insane, due to epic chopper take down ability.

The only dodgy thing about the affair was the on-foot shooting itself, but that was partly down to the standard assault being shoddy without a sight.

Edited by dwarf

I've unlocked everything except the Vehicle alternate fire now. I've also noticed that it takes 5 million experience points to reach rank 3.

Anyway, just like the beta, this gets much better once you've unlocked the first round of unlocks, as the russian guns you start out with are all pretty crappy.

While the map isn't as good as Arica Harbor, its still very fun. I played in this awesome match where I was defending, and the squad I was on was working together really well to defend a crate, while everyone else was just goofing off, it was a great feeling when we won the match at that crate after keeping off wave after wave of russians.

I might have bought the first Bad Company...but then I've seen this thread.

So I downloaded the Demo. Played it a bit. I couldn't decide whether I should by BC2 or not. Until one moment:

There I was, the lone soldier wandering through the base. Bullets flying into the distance, tanks exploding at far away places and an enemy driving past me in a buggy (or whatever it is called...the first time I've seen one in this game). I looked after him, wishing I was on that thing and cruising around. But then: Boom! I heard another explosion and soon I found out that it was a helictoper being shot down. This machine, destroyed and in flames, crashed onto the buggy and smashed it - and the passenger - immediately into oblivion.

I hadn't had such a moment in gaming in a long time. It was pure fun. I was laughing like hell. :laughing:

Pre-ordered.

Edited by drahkon

Haha awesoooome!

I have to admit, after first reactions being a little tepid (due to it feeling too similar to BC1 and my undevoted love towards MW) I am now loving it. I've had moments like you've just described drahkon and it greatly adds to the atmosphere. You actually feel like you're in a warzone.

One time I planted the charge and was about to hide round the corner when about four guys came rushing in to defuse I was like shiiiiit so turned the other way quick, ran round the other side of the wall, luckily they weren't working together so well as all four of them were disarming the bomb. Too bad for them cos BOOM, I blasted the other with my grenade-launcher ''SURPRISE FUCKERRRSS!'', whipped out my Baretta and blasted away...

...I killed 3/4 so not bad going

I am now loving it. I've had moments like you've just described drahkon and it greatly adds to the atmosphere. You actually feel like you're in a warzone.

Yeah that's the thing and the reason why I don't like MW that much. The atmosphere is amazing in BC2. Mainly because you can drive/fly around in vehicles.

Your "killingspree-moment" is great. I just love it when you own an entire squad :D Especially with the sniper. People coming around the corner one by one. People dying one by one.

I'm getting this on the PS3 since a mate (and I hope another one, as well) will do so, too.

Hope many here will do the same :wink:

Edit: Will we be able to use the things we unlocked in the Demo with the full game?

It only takes a few hours to unlock the stuff in the Demo anyway. It wouldn't be huge problem if you couldn't.

Anyone notice the demo doesn't save your preferences?

Yeah you're right it doesn't, also sometimes it doesn't recognize that I have unlocked weapons so I was stuck with default equipment for a few matches.

It's a shame the stats (obv) won't carry over to the main game, it would've been a nice headstart as such.

I actually deleted this yesterday to make room for the AvP demo (I only have a laughable 20gb hard drive). EPIC FAIL, time to re-dl this.

That was most likely a server problem though, they were having similar problems with the original bad company when the BC2 PS3 beta came out. The preferences would be a problem with them just not being saved. I guess its a demo, so they figure you'll only play a few matches, but its such a good demo...

God, I love the Demo. So incredibly fun.

But there's one thing that annoys me: you can only crouch. I want to lie down, stay low, get into cover and snipe the shit out of enemies (I sure hope that there is no button to lie down, otherwise this is going to be embarrassing).

To the people who play the demo (and possibly the full game later, as well) on the PS3: add me :D

Yeah it can be annoying that there is no way of laying flat, but then I don't main the sniper class.

I'll add you, me and TheLillster are playing now if you want a game.

Yeah, I'll join in a few minutes. But I don't have a headset at the moment. Lent it to a mate.

That was a great round we had as defenders :) Too bad that I have to go now...

Looking forward to playing the full game with you guys (hope you'll buy it :p)

The semi automatic sniper rifle in this game is pretty insane. If you just stop on the map for a few seconds, scope and aim around the place mashing the select button, you can spot people so that they appear on everyone's radar - like any other weapon (though it's more effective with snipers), then you just have to get 3 or 4 shots of the 5/6 bullet clip for a kill and it's pretty damn easy. Partly because of the speed the recoil resets back to the neutral position, but also because most players have already incurred damage or are getting shot at because you marked them.

Also, had a nice little UAV run earlier. They are unbeatable by the chopper thing that you can pilot. It's ridiculous because it's way faster, easier to control, has the ability to keep firing the machine gun and is a much smaller target than the chopper. So I just took one chopper down with the machine gun, got a few infantry peeps by flying low behind them. Then there's a tank on low health which I missile for a couple of hundred points. Finally the UAV is coming close to exploding, there's a guy shooting at me, I pump so much machine gun ammo into him I don't know how he hasn't gone down. A chopper spawns next to him and I telepathically urge him to get in (to be fair it was his last ditch to survive the fiasco) and he obliges to my delight, tries to get the propellers spinning but my missile literally just finished reloading and so I blew him to hell.

Edited by dwarf

I just got an awesome kill in the Demo. I parachuted out of a helicopter (The pilot didn't know what he was doing), and on my way down, I knifed a sniper before touching the ground.

The Lillster was controlling a UAV the other day, think he was trying to take down the chopper with machine gun fire, takes a fair while. He must've wittled the health down a fair bit. I equipped a rifle grenade, aimed way in front and above the chopper and fired.

2 seconds elapsed and I thought I'd missed when suddenly 300 points flashed up on the screen and the craft span out of control into the sea. I cried with shock joy, the dip of the shot and the distance away was immense.

Only in Battlefield.