NEurope
Choze

Battlefield Bad Company 2

I especially like it when some fool decides they don't like the UAV anymore and leave it lying around. Its like 100 free points.

It's stuff like that that makes BF. Fair play to you.

Have you used the UAV yet? They are just so awesome, being able to dip missiles onto buildings from really high up, or just to pick off the odd camper... Dang it's brilliant. I love how they go to town on the points on some occasions. Blowing up a vehicle can net you 600 points depending on circumstances.

No, I haven't used the UAV yet.

New Trailer:

I've got to mention, the Medium Range (4x) scope for sniper rifles is awesome.

Trailer is decent but it isnt that revealing of new features. My worry is that the maps look the same, and having open games all the time might not be so great. If they really wanted to make this special they'll have to put a few more focal points of interest instead of compiling buildings and hills etc. Detail basically, to show that the designers for it do exist.

While this map looks an awful lot like the one in the Beta, there have been screenshots released of snowy mountainous areas, as well as jungle areas. Remember, the original bad company had maps based on different areas of the single player levels, and as a result had many maps looking similar to each other. But really, if just playing that one map over and over is so fun, even without massive changes to the style of each map, I think this will be one of the most highly regarded multiplayer experiences of this generation.

New Multiplayer Mode:

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14293277/battlefield-bad-company-2/videos/badcompany2_trl_devwalk_121709.html?show=hi

Edited by Emasher

New GameTrailers TV episode, featuring Battlefield: Bad Company 2:

http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/gametrailers-tv/81&ch=1&sd=0?ep=81&ch=1&sd=0

I haven't really been paying much attention to this game, but after seeing that, I think it looks awesome! This looks like it'll be Modern Warfare 2 but actualy done right. I'm still going to wait out on buying it though, purely because I'm lacking in funds right now.

I like the fat they used a Queens of the Stone Age track as the background music for the single player campaign trailer. That's good music taste right there!

It's nothing like Cod though, Battlefield multiplayer is more about freedom, you get more choice about where to go, plus it's just a complete romp, what with the vehicles and all. Perks are in this game too, but killstreaks aren't so it remains balanced.

Not to mention that people actually work as a team.

I didn't think I could be more excited for this game, but after seeing that video, I'm just that much more hyped.

I really want this game right now. It's going to be superb. The campaign I expect won't be anything at all new but that isn't the point.

Just milling over what classes I will main... Would it be wise to use the same stuff I chose in the beta? That was engineer and scout.

Have a feeling I will end up going for assault and scout.

I want the betaaa! but ive missed the PS3 one and my PC needs an upgrade to play the PC one :-(

I want the betaaa! but ive missed the PS3 one and my PC needs an upgrade to play the PC one :-(

They're releasing a multiplayer demo on February 4th which will run for three weeks, available on both Live and PSN.

They're releasing a multiplayer demo on February 4th which will run for three weeks, available on both Live and PSN.

Awesome. That's closer than I expected it. I wonder if it will be the same map, or a new one. Either way I'll probably be playing it more than any other game until the full version comes out. The Beta was just too good.

The demo is already out today, not up yet in Europe because I can't find it there atm.

P.S I mean the file wasn't up there in the list of recent downloads earlier.

Edited by The-Ironflame

The demo is already out today, not up yet in Europe because I can't find it there atm.

Here you go. A nice surprise, although it looks like the PS3 version is still on schedule for next week.

Tried it out for a short while, it's very laggy atm for whatever reason so I can't really get a real impression from it.

Tried it out for a short while, it's very laggy atm for whatever reason so I can't really get a real impression from it.

Oh? I didn't get a hint of lag during the PS3 Beta so I'd assume it's just a server load issue; you might remember 1943 suffering similar problems when it was released.

Unfortunately I won't be able to download this until later tonight due to my always annoying bandwidth cap. Looking forward to seeing how different it is from the Beta, though, and how it controls on a 360 pad.

Enjoyed my time playing it, mental as always, classes are decent enough. The game mode is rush, one defends one attacks Alpha and Beta positions.

Very enjoyable and shall be purchasing.

Oh? I didn't get a hint of lag during the PS3 Beta

DICE were good at hiding it, but it was there, and very obvious at times.

Is the demo of the Map "Arica Harbor" or is it a different one?

Also, do they have all the vehicles in it, or just the ones from the beta?

It's a different one. Same game type though I think.

And yeah there was lag, not a game breaker but if it wasn't there it truly would be a magical experience. [hyperbole]

DICE were good at hiding it, but it was there, and very obvious at times.

Okay, I'll rephrase: I put around 15 hours or so into the Beta and during that time I saw one person that jumped around the place. I don't consider minor latency — say 50-100ms — "lag" because it's an unavoidable part of online play; I don't care how good your netcode is, when you're playing with people all over the world there are going to be occasions where you think you got into cover in time but still ended up getting shot.

Other than the isolated incident of that one player, my ability to play the game wasn't ever degraded due to connection troubles. It it looked like I hit someone they died, and whilst naturally the game is compensating for latency when it calculates each shot it did as good a job as I've ever seen an online game do. It was certainly leagues ahead of the original Bad Company.

You can chalk it up to luck or my ISP if you wish.

Well you're right but I found the sprinting was sometimes delayed and jumpy too, which is more pretty irritating. Sometimes mowing someone with an smg didn't feel right because you think you've done enough to kill them but your death cancels out the last couple of bullets. Same way that sniper headshots sometimes feel laggy.

I've played the demo for a couple of hours now (not in one go) and it's pretty good, like MW2 it's not a huge leap from the first one but i'm still loving it. Some bits annoy me like sniping which is too slow and I can't seem to get one hit kills that aren't headshots, which are near impossible to get on a moving target. Melee combat is sluggish too, maybe they'll smooth some things over for retail.

Doesn't have the overall polish of MW but it's a decent alternative.

Also Emasher mentioned about teamwork which I agree definately plays a better role here than it does with many other shooters.

Doesn't have the overall polish of MW but it's a decent alternative.

What do you mean by that? The graphics and destruction in BC2 are far superior, plus vehicles are awesome.

And the sniping is done perfectly, it's almost overpowered in my view. Getting 2 body shots is quite easy, and quite possible even on moving targets, with headshots also being common. If there's anything in the game to fault, it isn't the sniping.

I mean graphics wise I don't think it looks as nice, the fps (or whatever it's called) isn't as smooth and it looks a little uglier. I'm just going by this one map mind so not fair to say so far.

There are very few ways of which I can think of that MW2 bests this:

Graphics: MW2 uses a modified version of the old quake engine, doesn't even render in HD, low res textures, ect. BC2 uses a new version of a newer engine. The game runs in HD, better textures, ect. In terms of graphics, BC2 is pretty much superior in every way.

Art: This is perhaps one of the few exceptions. While everything looks better in BC2, MW2 has more art, and a bit more detail added to the environments.

Story: MW2's story feels like some generic action movie, not only that, but its confusing in some places, and the entire story falls apart by the end of the game. While we can't say much on the story of BC2 yet, if its anything like the first game, it won't be that great, but will at least be somewhat humorous. (Not going to say either one is better here).

Gameplay: Destructible environments, player controlled vehicles, large maps, bullet drop, teamwork in multiplayer. These are all things MW2 doesn't have, that BC2 does. Obviously each individual thing on that list doesn't make BC2 better. Its the combination that does. Battlefield games actually give the illusion of being on a battlefield, CoD games feel like you're just running around shooting people in some modern day coliseum. There's a reason I could play the Beta of BC2 for hours without getting bored, but can't even play the full version of MW2 for a few hours without getting bored.

I actually was in a few matches that were unplayable due to the lag. However I'm pretty sure I played it for a good few more hours than you did. Ether way, its not a common experience, and like I said, DICE is really good at hiding it.