NEurope
Choze

Battlefield Bad Company 2

Also: Is there anyone else here who has a game registered on the Battlefield Veterans site, but the game hasn't recognized that and unlocked the M1 Garand?

I seriously don't get the site. I just don't know what to do after logging in.

After some great first games my skill rapidly sank to the bottom of Mariana Trench. To put it simple: I suck. No idea why. In the Demo I always have been one of the best players in a round...

Ah well, it's still fun :D And that's what matters, right? ...right?

Just waiting for mother to get back from big Tesco. I won't bother with the campaign for a while, will probably do some classic conquest matches. That said it's always tempting to do a level or two.

YUMMY!

Finished it. Like most of these types of games its very short, but I knew that already. Going to sweep through for some more Trophies then try the Multiplayer tonight.

You're crazy 'Hat.

Not like I've said it already but it's awesome. Conquest rules.

You're crazy 'Hat.

Not like I've said it already but it's awesome. Conquest rules.

Is Conquest the same mode thats in Battlefield 1943? If so thats the mode I will mostly play.

Yeah it is. I'm looking forward to trying them all to be honest, they're all great. The amount of choice you get in the conquest modes though is insane. The maps are massive, but you get quite a few neat battles.

Just got the repair tool headshot. :)

Just had an amazing round of conquest with dwarf, Tyson and MAT. We need more of that =)

Too bad that my illness is keeping me from staying up all night.

Are the EA servers down for anyone else?

Yep, can't seem to connect at the moment.

Yeah I did a fair few squad deathmatch games without being disconnected whilst everyone else was having issues. It's an awesome mode.

Those conquest games we did in the NE squad were intense, we were all different classes pretty much so we were ruling the show. Props to 'Hat, TysOnToast and Drahc.

The 2 levels of the campaign I've played have been a lot less irritating than the first 5 in MW2. Granted neither are that special but the campaign in Company just feels better, partly because it isn't 100% linear, but also because you don't get annoying waves of long range infantry mullering you ever time you pop your head out from cover.

They were undoubtably the best matches I've had thus far guys, MEGA props. I'll charge up my headset for next time, then we'll really be cooking with lard. :D

Its such a shame the servers messed up so early though. I was just about to C4 a tank after stealing a sniper loadout and bam, no more gold squad pins :p

Got mine this morning. Installed my new CPU, went to boot my rig... nothing :nono:

Managed to botch up a solution and played a bit of single player. Awesome. It's got character :) Multiplayer tomorrows after work methinks.

I managed to finish the campaign today. It had some great moments, but in the end, it felt a little bit short.

For a moment there, when the commanding officer said that there was fighting to do in Alaska, I was expecting the campaign to go on a little longer. Especially considering all the multiplayer maps that weren't covered in the campaign. Although, I'm glad they designed the maps just for multiplayer rather than just using sections form them like they did last time. Overall, it was a good campaign, with some great moments, but like I said earlier, short.

I did like the challenge that the campaign offered though.

Seeing as this is a battlefield game though, the singleplayer isn't that important.

While I haven't played enough of the multiplayer to really judge it, I will say a few things. Not all of the maps are as good as each other, but they're all fairly good when compared to other games. The conquest maps aren't quite as good as the maps in Battlefield 1943, but some are close, and they're all still great maps. The unlocking being sped up is a bad thing IMO though. It was perfect the way it was in the PS3 Beta.

From Bad Company Twitter

EA Online is currently investigating an outage of the servers that affects a number of EA games. A fix will be done as soon as possible.

While I haven't played enough of the multiplayer to really judge it, I will say a few things. Not all of the maps are as good as each other, but they're all fairly good when compared to other games. The conquest maps aren't quite as good as the maps in Battlefield 1943, but some are close, and they're all still great maps. The unlocking being sped up is a bad thing IMO though. It was perfect the way it was in the PS3 Beta.

I had that slight feeling when I was playing it. I think the unlock speed is fine, but the conquest maps are seem linear sometimes or too close to each other. I appreciate the 1943 maps a lot more now because they really offer very different sections, and it seems like there's more freedom in them.

Who knows, there might be some new maps that have a similar style to the ones in 1943. I actually think part of the problem is that the games are too short. Raise the points each team has and it would be vastly improved.

A couple of them are brilliant though, like Laguna Presa.

Edit: the servers seem to be fine now.

Edited by dwarf

Count me in, still haven't tried that mode yet so it should be lols.

What platform do you guys have battlefield on? I'm playing the xbox version and online seems quite laggy atm..especially in vehicles :-S

Anybody playing tonight? We could basically own Squad Rush.

heading down the high street soon - think temptation will get the better of me!

heading down the high street soon - think temptation will get the better of me!

Good man!

I'll probaly be on tonight. What time we talking about?

Dunno, I think we all met up around 9pm last night. So probably around the same time.

A couple of them are brilliant though, like Laguna Presa.

Panama Canal and That one dessert Conquest one with the heavy sandstorms, and the shipwrecks (can't remember the name) have been my favorite conquest maps so far.

For rush, I still find Arica Harbor to be my favorite.

I love that night time map - Nelson something, I just skulk around the forest waiting for people to come through towards the objective.

Perhaps its the lack of vehicles, but I never really could get into that one.

Edit: Forget that, just had an awesome match on it. I was sniping the shit out of the defending team, right at their objective. Then I launched a mortar strike on the building the objective was in. That brought down the building, killing 3 people, and destroying the objective.

Edited by Emasher