NEurope
Dan_Dare

The N-Europe Zombie Apocalypse Survival Plan

OK forum. I've been thinking and, well, I think it's only right that as a member of staff I should create a valuable resource thread in the event of the inevitable Zombie Apocalypse.

This is a place to discuss survival techniques, exit strategies, means of combating The Walking Dead.

Lets cover a few ground rules before we start to reduce debate and concentrate on the means by which the undead can be evaded and killed.

1. The apocalypse will be caused by slow moving zombies as seen in the famous documentary Dawn of The Dead.

2. The only means of killing them is with a direct wound to the brain or the severing of the head.

3. The Apocalypse may be primarily viral. It is spread from host to host by means of saliva, infected blood, bite wounds and so on.

4.Furthermore, like a traditional virus it may be subject to traditional means of pandemic spread such as immigration, refugee movements, transport and so on. It should not be considered to be immediately pandemic.

Go!

Grab a small group of friends, fend of zombies with whatever we can find until find supplies, find a boat and a map. Head to a small island and hope there's something we can live off on it.

Well, i'd find a woman in a red jumper, an office worker and a war vet, and stick with them. On a serious note I guess i'd try and gather as many friends and family as possible and raid every shop we could. Then head out to a farm/s where there's likely to be guns and hide it out in the middle of friggen nowhere.

Feed Zechs Merquise to them.

I think you misplaced a few letters there. It was meant to say 'Choze'

If we do, they've been pushed pretty far off the first few pages by rss feed copy and paste threads

I actually thought it was a forum game when I first read it. *Remembers Battle Royale and Aliens*

Guns. Lots of guns.

Plus of course lots and lots of ammo. And a katana.

do you know how to use either? do you even own any? know anywhere/ anyone with either?

Danny, I'm afraid you're just not thinking this through. put some real effort in or I'm afraid you'll end up as a walking corpse in no time.

that said, you may do anyway. I simply don't think you can grow a cool enough beard to really get on in a post apocalyptic scenario.

Take car. Go to Mum's. Kill Phil - "Sorry Phil" - grab Liz, go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over. How's that for a slice of fried gold?

-----------------

My Plan:

Food

• Grab a massive supply of food and water

Securing the perimeter:

• Use a tie-wrap to hold garden gates closed, i suspect the classic slow zombies would have trouble with climbing so i believe it's a requirement.

• Barricade windows to risk chance of drawing attention to your position. Also reduces chance of zombies making it to you.

• Barricade the stairs (throw a few wardrobes down) - this would hopefully stop any zombies breaching my safe zone (second floor). Possibly drench in flammable liquid if worse comes to worst.

• Live life on the top floor/loft (i dont think zombies would have much luck climbing ladders)

Follow my plan and you shall live*

*Doesn't work if you live in a bungalow.

do you know how to use either? do you even own any? know anywhere/ anyone with either?

Danny, I'm afraid you're just not thinking this through. put some real effort in or I'm afraid you'll end up as a walking corpse in no time.

that said, you may do anyway. I simply don't think you can grow a cool enough beard to really get on in a post apocalyptic scenario.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. It's better than nothing, and I really can't imagine myself hiding in a closet.

But you're right, I can't grow a cool beard. I already have one.

If it's my virus running the show, then you're all fucked! mwahaha

pandemic-upload.png

Public service this thread is. According to the reliable and trustworthy media it seems that the apocalypse will soon be upon us (and if those Heroes at fox news are right, it'll be as a result of leftist agenda).

Now firstly we have to worry about location. I've mapped a plan for each one of the places I spend a reasonable amount of time in, but since i'm here now, and there are a number of fellow Sheffielders (sp?) on the board this would be a valuable chance to swap notes.

Before we get into the nitty-gritty we must first cover one often over-looked point. That is as long as we are not the first nation to fall to Z-day, all other countries in the world (especially the Nuclear ones) will be a threat. When the measures get drastic, the possibility can't be ruled out that we will be nuked by foreign countries in an effort to contain the spread. That means that as soon as safe travel can be arranged, quick movement must be made to less densely populated areas, in this case, the far north.

Now assuming this begins with me in my room, the first thing I would do grab my swords, my liqueur (molotovs), and any high energy foods I have around the place. Then taking non-infected I can find, I make for the peaks, and away from the city center. Back roads are the name of the game, the main roads will be congested. The main is getting out of the city as quickly as possible. Once out in the hills, ten minutes from any sign of the disease, check for news with phones etc. If the army in still in tact, watch main roads from a distance for a sign of them, and make contact if they pass. If the whole country has fallen make for the north. On the way avoid town and cities, making the way through woodland. Picking up anything that can be on the way. Once a safe distance from anything, start new system of agriculture....and wait.

Edit: Roadkill, how did you get Madagascar. And on that note, get a boat and go to Madagascar, its sure to be okay.

Edit: Roadkill, how did you get Madagascar. And on that note, get a boat and go to Madagascar, its sure to be okay.

I restarted the game over and over until my disease STARTED on Madagascar. It was the only way I could win.

madagascar.png

Take car. Go to Mum's. Kill Phil - "Sorry Phil" - grab Liz, go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over. How's that for a slice of fried gold?

-----------------

My Plan:

Food

• Grab a massive supply of food and water

Securing the perimeter:

• Use a tie-wrap to hold garden gates closed, i suspect the classic slow zombies would have trouble with climbing so i believe it's a requirement.

• Barricade windows to risk chance of drawing attention to your position. Also reduces chance of zombies making it to you.

• Barricade the stairs (throw a few wardrobes down) - this would hopefully stop any zombies breaching my safe zone (second floor). Possibly drench in flammable liquid if worse comes to worst.

• Live life on the top floor/loft (i dont think zombies would have much luck climbing ladders)

Follow my plan and you shall live*

*Doesn't work if you live in a bungalow.

You have no idea how many times I have thought of doing this same thing although I'd plan to live downstairs until the zombies breech the windows/doors and perhaps knock through the attic wall into next door to double the space available

well if i go by what I've learned in zombie movies i need to find one guy who is the biggest asshole you've ever met. I know it all with glasses. and a man/woman of any minority race(preferably Asian)

then dye my hair blonde

and i should be fine (as long as i act as the positive one)

Drive to Costco to get supplies.

I know of a gun/knife shop in the city centre I could go to. I already have a sword; not sharp on the edge but pointy. I'd be able to stab them to death.

Get some solar panels from someone's house I know to power the electricity in the house just in case they manage to knock out power grids or whatever.

Create a game with vodka involved and drink the days away. Add some Arnie as well.

Twitter about being a survivor in a zombie apocalypse.

Update facebook status about twittering about being a survivor in a zombie apocalypse.

Blog about twittering about being a survivor in a zombie apocalypse with added pictures.

Equip myself with a katana, a shotgun and plenty of ammo and go to Merry Hill :awesome:

Anyone is welcome as long as they ain't bitten and if they are bitten, they can enjoy the remaining time left but I'll be ready..........I'll be ready.

Which compensating, teenage male doesn't own a sword? Or a rifle?

If we do, they've been pushed pretty far off the first few pages by rss feed copy and paste threads

Ooooh burn! High five.

Awesome thread.

I think I'm pretty well suited to where I am now. I've thought about this a lot already after watching Dead Set. I live in a student complex in the middle of no where (relatively) where I'm safe behind a decent locked door, in a door behind a pretty thick key-padded door and in a building which needs a key. I would firstly ensure my girlfriend and I were alone and safe in the flat. And over the next few days I'd go the main building and grab some master codes and keys.

I'd then clear the store on the complex and bring all the food to the flat. I'd slowly make my way through the whole student complex (around... 20ish buildings... I think, Pantsu man help me out) flat by flat. Only around 1, 400 students, I'm sure I can do it if they're slow moving. The way the buildings are I'd easily be able to work my way through hallways, flats, rooms, repeat. I'd then make the adventure of stealing a car and driving to small stores in village areas to collect food. I'd also make the tragic journey of going home to ensure family are either alive (and bring them back to the safe house) or zombied (in which case repectfully tie them up and leave them). After that I'd never worry about anyone ever again.

Or, I could be nice and search for people to bring back. We could set up a military kind of presence in the student village. It's pretty well suited for that... but with people comes stupidity. I think I'd stay alone.

Public service this thread is. According to the reliable and trustworthy media it seems that the apocalypse will soon be upon us (and if those Heroes at fox news are right, it'll be as a result of leftist agenda).

Now firstly we have to worry about location. I've mapped a plan for each one of the places I spend a reasonable amount of time in, but since i'm here now, and there are a number of fellow Sheffielders (sp?) on the board this would be a valuable chance to swap notes.

Before we get into the nitty-gritty we must first cover one often over-looked point. That is as long as we are not the first nation to fall to Z-day, all other countries in the world (especially the Nuclear ones) will be a threat. When the measures get drastic, the possibility can't be ruled out that we will be nuked by foreign countries in an effort to contain the spread. That means that as soon as safe travel can be arranged, quick movement must be made to less densely populated areas, in this case, the far north.

Now assuming this begins with me in my room, the first thing I would do grab my swords, my liqueur (molotovs), and any high energy foods I have around the place. Then taking non-infected I can find, I make for the peaks, and away from the city center. Back roads are the name of the game, the main roads will be congested. The main is getting out of the city as quickly as possible. Once out in the hills, ten minutes from any sign of the disease, check for news with phones etc. If the army in still in tact, watch main roads from a distance for a sign of them, and make contact if they pass. If the whole country has fallen make for the north. On the way avoid town and cities, making the way through woodland. Picking up anything that can be on the way. Once a safe distance from anything, start new system of agriculture....and wait.

I reckon if you cna get out of town, raid waitrose (we may as well loot with style) on the way you could meet me down by Hardy's Gun Smiths on Eccassall, then we can hit The Sheffield Shop (near Tesco) for some Knives. After that, I think the fastest way out of the city is to head south towards Whirlow and Derbyshire. Full of small farms and rural communities.

long distance travel is, I think, out of the question. If an infection took hold in a traffic jam, we're fucked.

show them an episode of everybody loves ramond i'm sure they'd split themselves laughing(sarcasm)

seriously though I gotta go with swords on this one