NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Wesley

Tony Hawks: Ride

Tony Hawk: Ride - coming with a plastic skateboard peripheral.

http://kotaku.com/5255409/new-tony-hawk-game-has-a-freakin-skateboard-peripheral

There's a trailer on that link, but warning: the majority of the video is bullshit real-life slow-motion skateboard. Plus an insanely funny 5 second clip which makes out the skateboarder is Rambo or something.

Oh Jesus, I think it looks stupid as hell.

People should just buy Skate 2 instead. It's really good and can be found for around £20.

*sigh* that's all I can muster atm, I'll wait until we know more about it to post anything more committal.

I've got it!

Someone has to bring out Cupboard Hero! Compatible with all other peripherals for consoles.

Earn high scores by storing these pieces of crap in a neat way.

Looks really good i think.

Me too

At first i thought its the worst idea ever but then i watched them using it in the the video over at gametrailers and i must admit it doesnt look half bad!

I'm in two minds over this.

If the game turns out to be good, I'd like to play the game without the skateboard. Doubt it, knowing Activision.

I just hope that people who get this game and are good at it don't suddenly think that they're as good as a pro skater and can pull off a 900 spin or a Kickflip McTwist if they ever properly go skateboarding. (Wheeeeeeeeeeee...CRUNCH!)

I just hope that people who get this game and are good at it don't suddenly think that they're as good as a pro skater and can pull off a 900 spin or a Kickflip McTwist if they ever properly go skateboarding. (Wheeeeeeeeeeee...CRUNCH!)

The thing is, if you've got enough money to spend on a plastic mould of a skateboard with some sensors in it which doesn't even move by the looks of it, you've surely got enough money to get a real skateboard and actually learn to skate for real. Anyone who spurts out crap saying you won't get hurt by playing indoors or whatever are just too lazy to go out and try it.

This isn't the same as those music games. I don't think anyone would think it a good idea to bring mates round to watch you stand on a plastic thing and pull off 1080s from a standstill... Actually, that would be impressive.

It's games like these and the constant drab that make me less interested in games. Let alone trying to get a job in the industry.

I don't like the look of it. Can't think of a legitimate reason why though. Maybe I just don't like flailing round my room like a bellend. Or maybe it's because it will no doubt try to use its "lolmygod wow! controls" to make up for a below average game. Who knows? Oh well, another game to avoid methinks. I'll stick to Skate.

I also don't think it will be able to capture the feel of skateboarding the same way GH and RB capture the feel of playing instruments. When your on a skateboard you can feel the speed and g-force pulling you back upright as you corner/lean. On TH, you'll just be balanced on a wobbly board. I think with fancy peripheral based games, it's best to keep it simple yet addictive. Skateboarding seems too complicated to me.

Plus it won't sell to the "family market". Can you imagine parents, or god forbid, grandparents busting "phat endos", "UltaSwayzes" and "sloppy Denmarks"?

Didnt they try something similer with the first few Tony Hawk games? Imsure it died.

Every time I read PA I imagine a desert scene where not even the tumbleweed wants to appear.

I like how Microsoft are shelling out money for exclusives I don't realy care about.

Maybe Nintendo did it just for fun, proxy war-style. Have to do something with all that money.

Board Looks usefull to me, i've been searching for the right miniature ironing board for ages although the curved up ends do put me off buying it completely :)

Lame, I actually liked the look of this. Well, I'm going to impose PS3 exclusivity in my house. Microsoft can go f*ck themselves if this is true, I'm not buying any 360 games this year.

im not too bothered what console it is on , i dont care if its exclusive too anything i'll just do what i usualy do , wait for a friend to buy it play it untill i get bored of it or enjoy it too much and buy it

I want it because the board reminds me of Marty McFly's Back to the Future Hoverboard.

112808_an_backfuture.gif

Sign in to follow this