N-Europe

Rock Band: Pearl Jam

Dante

When Pearl Jam reissued its seminal album Ten in March, MTV Games and Harmonix collaborated with the grunge rockers to offer a playable version through Rock Band. Now, MTV Games and Harmonix are teaming up with Pearl Jam once more on a "Pearl Jam Rock Band project" that will feature live cuts from the band's entire catalog. Platforms for the project were not revealed, though it is slated to arrive in 2010.

Pearl Jam

The exact nature of the Pearl Jam Rock Band project remains a mystery, with neither MTV Games nor Pearl Jam giving any indication as to whether the game will be a downloadable album, an AC/DC-style retail product, or a The Beatles: Rock Band spin-off.However, the publisher did promise to provide more details on the project next month, presumably around the time that the Electronic Entertainment Expo descends upon Los Angeles on June 2.

Until then, Pearl Jam has invited its fan club members to select their favorite live performances of more than 40 different catalog hits through the band's official Web site. By way of a Rhapsody playlist widget, fans can listen to hundreds of different live performances of individual songs, with the versions that are played the most times being selected as the best.

In June, the selection process will be opened up to everyone, with fans tasked with building their own favorite set lists from the previously selected top tracks for the Pearl Jam Rock Band project. However, MTV Games did not indicate how many tracks will be included with the final project, promising only to provide more details in the coming weeks.

A full list of songs currently in the running can be found below.

1/2 Full

Alive

Animal

Better Man

Black

Brain of J

Comatose

Corduroy

Do the Evolution

Down

Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town

Even Flow

Footsteps

Garden

Given to Fly

Go

I Am Mine

I Got ID

Inside Job

Insignificance

Jeremy

Last Exit

Life Wasted

Light Years

Love Boat Captain

Lukin

Man of the Hour

Marker in the Sand

Nothingman

Oceans

Present Tense

Rearviewmirror

Red Mosquito

Release

Satan's Bed

Severed Hand

Spin the Black Circle

State of Love and Trust

Wash

Whipping

Why Go

Wishlist

World Wide Suicide

www.gamespot.com

Lego Rock Band

Rock Band: The Beatles

Rock Band: Unplugged

Rock Band: Pearl Jam

vs

DJ Hero

Band Hero

Guitar Hero 5

Guitar Hero Greatest Hits

Guitar Hero Van Halen

Guitar Hero: On tour Modern Hits

It keeps on going. :(

It keeps on going. :(

Not really. This is planned for next year, and looks to me like it'll be another retail track pack similar to the ACDC one, as opposed to a standalone version of the series ala GH Metallica. Still wish they'd move on from Pearl Jam and ACDC and bloody Grateful Dead though. Give us some modern day rock please Harmonix!

I'd like some lesser known/radio played stuff

The White Strips(Seven Nation Army in particular) RHCP.

Maybe they don't play much of the Chilli Peppers where you are, but I wouldn't exactly call them lesser played or known.

Anyway, Pearl Jam rock. This can only be a winner.

Maybe they don't play much of the Chilli Peppers where you are, but I wouldn't exactly call them lesser played or known.

Anyway, Pearl Jam rock. This can only be a winner.

I wouldn't call them lesser known either, but the radio hardly plays them. I do plenty of driving and switch between stations alot, and hear them maybe once a week, while on the other hand most of the stations seem to have decided to devote a certain time of every night to play Metallica :zzz:

I just remembered though, an instant sell for me would be a Pink Floyd themed game. Especially if they throw in some of the extra long songs like Shine on you crazy diamond, there are 9 parts to that song on the CD it's broken up into 2 tracks totaling over 20 minutes long. That would be an epic song to play.

I like some Pearl Jam, but not enough to care for this announcement.

Basically this! Their music just doesn't stand out to me to be great in RB. Then again I'm basing that on the fact that I don't know many of the songs listed up there :heh:

As for Pink Floyd, if it had Bike on it, it'd be an instant buy. Trust me. :D

I wouldn't call them lesser known either, but the radio hardly plays them. I do plenty of driving and switch between stations alot, and hear them maybe once a week, while on the other hand most of the stations seem to have decided to devote a certain time of every night to play Metallica :zzz:

I just remembered though, an instant sell for me would be a Pink Floyd themed game. Especially if they throw in some of the extra long songs like Shine on you crazy diamond, there are 9 parts to that song on the CD it's broken up into 2 tracks totaling over 20 minutes long. That would be an epic song to play.

Haha, I guess it depends on which stations you listen to. I just remember hearing both By the Way and Dani California being whored to death when they were released. Same for Seven Nation Army really.

Dante: All of those would be heavenly. This would probably be a bit overkill, though. I think, anyway.

RB Radiohead, yes. FF, sure, Soundgarden, bleh.

Looking through my library the only one I'd definitely buy on day one would be a Muse one. I just can't think of any other bands that it would work so well with, but it's aaaaall opinion, and one man's Muse is another man's Cheeky Girls! o_O

Edited by Dyson

Soundgarder yes, Foo Fighters and Radiohead F*** that.

@Flink, Don't forget I'm in a different country so my radio is bound to differ being local and all.

I don't think Radiohead would really agree to it.

However, EMI, who owns their old stuff, probably would.

Anyway, would only happen if they wanted the game to sell a couple of thousand copies.

Props to Dyson for the Elbow love. I'm off to see them again in September for their final tour date! Can't wait, saw them a few months ago and it was the best gig ever!

Soundgarder yes, Foo Fighters and Radiohead F*** that.

@Flink, Don't forget I'm in a different country so my radio is bound to differ being local and all.

Ahh, fair play. I have no idea what sort of stations you have over there. I did suddenly realise whilst typing that last post "he's from Americanland, isn't he?"

But, you lose for the lack of Foo Fighter's love. Look at the last.fm list under my avatar, haha.

I've tried, I've really tried to listen to Foo Fighters, but just can't. Oddly enough my least favorite station(that's set that is. Plenty I don't like that aren't set) likes to play them semi-often admist all their other carp.

I don't have a last.fm maybe I outta make one to fit in.

Yeah my bad :laughing: They're not my favourite band for nothing! You should see some people on last.fm though, their listening stats are insane.

The same can be said for me with Snow Patrol. :hmm:

Check out Cube-Europe user FEF stats. :)

Where have gone off topic but I guess some admin will move the posts tomorrow into music topic

Edited by Dante
Automerged Doublepost

My charts...

http://www.last.fm/user/SCG256/charts

While this is good news 'n all and there is a good possibility in me buying it I agree with Dyson... Our hopes and expectations have been dashed once more! gives us some Muse! I would be happy with Origin of Symmetry as an album download and a few track packs containing some of the best tracks from their other three main albums but a whole game would just own. :P

Where have gone off topic but I guess some admin will move the posts tomorrow into music topic

Evvvvvvven Flooooooooooow! thoughts arrrrrive like butterfliiiiiies, ohhh he don't knowwwww, so he chases them awwwwwwwaaaaay! ohhh someday yettttt he'll begin his life agaaaain! ohhh whispering haaaaands, they lead him awaaaay, him awaaaaay him awaaaaaaaaay! Yeaaaaaah!

Officially back on topic. :D