N-Europe

PES 2010

Dante

0354.jpg

Messi brought to vivid life in PES 2010

Konami showcases massively enhanced graphics engine as PES revamp continues apace

Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH has released the first in-game image of its forthcoming PES 2010 title, demonstrating the stunning new level of detail and graphical refinement the new game enjoys.

The work in progress image shows cover star Lionel Messi in action in the new game, and showcase a massive advance in aesthetic detail. Crucial to the new game's look are all-new dynamic lighting effects, where the position of the sun or the illumination from the floodlights is reflected in real time within the shadows cast both on the pitch, stadium, the ball and players.

The newly-expanded Tokyo-based PES Productions team has also worked hard to create the most vivid player recreations to date. Player expressions are now fully implemented, while the level of detail has been extended to individual skin textures and different weaves for the various kits to mimic the breathable material so many manufacturers now use.

And for the online mode :

A quick nod to ThomasGOAL and his never ending supply of news for this bit of info!

Reports from the latest “La Foire de Paris” (Paris Trade Fair) suggest that Konami have said that PES 2010 will use the successful and reliable online system of PES 6. The trade show was a reliable source for news last year, with certain licenses confirmed at the event. How it will use an old gen online system is right now confusing, but here’s hoping they meant PES 6 quality online rather than technically.

konami-europe.com & winningelevenblog.com

2009 vs 2010

f_09to10m_ec8f34f.jpg

Certainly looks awesome, (even if the eyes are scary!)

Can't help but think that FIFA is still sublime as of '09 and that, if they improve some of the jaunty gameplay seen in FIFA 09, PES will have to really be something special.

Still, as exciting as ever and I hope PES gets back to its sublime best! (Bar wii.) :)

Yawn. Show me the FIFA 2010 info!

This.

The thing is, they'll get the really big players looking ace but then they'll have generic models for a lot of the others.

Only thing I'd like with FIFA is a bit more of a feeling of weight behind the ball. It just seems to float too much.

Certainly looks awesome, (even if the eyes are scary!)

Can't help but think that FIFA is still sublime as of '09 and that, if they improve some of the jaunty gameplay seen in FIFA 09, PES will have to really be something special.

Still, as exciting as ever and I hope PES gets back to its sublime best! (Bar wii.) :)

I haven't picked up the Wii PES, but it's definitely my next footie purchase. However, I do own Fifa2008 on the Wii, and love it, and have played 2009 on the 360 and loved that. But, from the reactions to the Wii PES faithful (looks at /Nando/) I'd have to say that the series has found it's spiritual home.

Agreed. The latest version of PES has been awful....so awful that I converted to FIFA for a while, but thats never as good as PES used to be.

Agreed. FIFA 09's good. But compared to Pro Evo 4, it's pretty naff.

I used to constantly play Pro Evo 3, 4 & 5 back in the day. It just used to make me come back for more. I find myself only having occasional spurts where I'll play FIFA for a week or two then not play it again for a good couple of months. :hmm:

Agreed. FIFA 09's good. But compared to Pro Evo 4, it's pretty naff.

I used to constantly play Pro Evo 3, 4 & 5 back in the day. It just used to make me come back for more. I find myself only having occasional spurts where I'll play FIFA for a week or two then not play it again for a good couple of months. :hmm:

My thoughts exactly. Wont be surprised if much still hasn't changed in PES. I guess in time we shall see.

Pro Evo has always been good when it comes to the faces. I wanna see how good this game looks on wide cam as the last two version have not looked great at all. I wanna see how good the animations are in PES 2010.

Messi does look real good in that pic thats for sure. Hope PES 2010 turns out to be good but at the moment I not got high hopes. I use to get real hyped for PES/WE but now the game is not even on my radar.

FIFA 09 for me was brilliant and the best footy sim I have ever played. Hope EA not got lazy and improve it in a big way still.

Pro Evo has always been good when it comes to the faces. I wanna see how good this game looks on wide cam as the last two version have not looked great at all. I wanna see how good the animations are in PES 2010.

Messi does look real good in that pic thats for sure. Hope PES 2010 turns out to be good but at the moment I not got high hopes. I use to get real hyped for PES/WE but now the game is not even on my radar.

FIFA 09 for me was brilliant and the best footy sim I have ever played. Hope EA not got lazy and improve it in a big way still.

QFT. Nothing more to say on the issue really.

Yeah I think they may do that, Fifa 10 doesn't really make sense because they've had more than 10 games. Who invented Fifa Street? Whoever it was needs to be shot, it was probably some chav that wanted to make a 'mash the same button, wiggle the stick and you look awesome' game.