NEurope
Blue_Ninja0

Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver

See, real men use grass starters. :awesome: Chikoritaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Hmmm two Jolly Pichu's, could work in my favour with Volt Tackle being physical.

Just trying to download Pichu for Platinum; I already have the Rotom Wonder Card (picked up the secret key though) so it won't download. Am I able to trash the Wonder Card to receive the Pichu without getting any dodgy side-effects, or it getting rid of my Secret Key?

Grass FTW!

Although when I played Diamond I started with water as that penguin was just too cute. :D

I've went with fire every time except Emerald, where I mixed it up and went with the water option. It didn't feel quite right. I just like to burn everything...

See, real men use grass starters. :awesome: Chikoritaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

...like grass types. Flame on!

The only downside to starting with fire is that it makes it difficult to justify adding in any other fire types later on, unless you are happy having a really unbalanced party. :indeed:

I've went with fire every time except Emerald, where I mixed it up and went with the water option. It didn't feel quite right. I just like to burn everything...

...like grass types. Flame on!

The only downside to starting with fire is that it makes it difficult to justify adding in any other fire types later on, unless you are happy having a really unbalanced party. :indeed:

I like the challenge of being able to suitably twat fire types with my grass types.

Just trying to download Pichu for Platinum; I already have the Rotom Wonder Card (picked up the secret key though) so it won't download. Am I able to trash the Wonder Card to receive the Pichu without getting any dodgy side-effects, or it getting rid of my Secret Key?

Just trash the wonder card, it won't affect the item or anything as long as you have picked it up.

I'm typically a fire type user, except for Gold, where I chose Totodile because Cyndaquil was a bit lame. I later learnt the error of my ways, but for nostalgias sake I'll probably commit the same crime twice.

Clearly you all know nothing. Or, at the least, you know very little.

Water Pokemans are the path to the Gods!

Blast-fucking-toise! He has CANONS coming out of his shell.

Still haven't had a chance to play yet - my girlfriend's got it in the car, and she's at a Lady Gaga concert to tonight. :( Here's the box, though:

9590d07d.jpg

Mike how did you get the game it's not even out yet in UK?

A review copy.

Finally got a chance to go on it at about half one last night, and decided to go for Chikorita. When I get hold of my Platinum cart later, I've got a shiney Charmander that I want to transfer over onto my party too, and I'll probably get the shiny Pichu too. (It's just a pain that transferred Pokés have a tendency to disobey you until you reach a certain level.) I've also transferred a Spearow onto the Pokéwalker, so I'll see what happens to that today!

WHy's this game so expensive? The pokewalker?

I'm definitely going to pick it up for my first pokemon experience in what must be nearly 15 years!!! Crazy!! Hope it isn't too overwhelming!

I find that I still play Pokemon games the same way I played the originals, all the new stuff that gets added just seems to go right over my head.

Fire's for wimps! Grass is where the true action's at.

Proper Trainers pick fire. Only they can pimpsmack Brock and Misty in Red/Blue and be proud of it. Grass is for cowards. ;)

A review copy.

Christ... It's not even out in America yet.

Clearly you all know nothing. Or, at the least, you know very little.

Water Pokemans are the path to the Gods!

Blast-fucking-toise! He has CANONS coming out of his shell.

IAWTC.

Water is always better (if we ignore Mudkipz....)

tumblr_kyvmmnI8XG1qagbabo1_500.jpg

:D

I usually pick water types...and this is going to be funny to say, but this is the first time I have played Gold and Silver. So I am still deciding what pokemon I should start off with.

Water is always better (if we ignore Mudkipz....)

And whats the matter with Mudkipz :heh:

MUDKIPZ ARE AWESOME BUT OVERUSED!

WAILORD IS WHERE IT'S AT! HE IS HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE

321.png:grin:

WHy's this game so expensive? The pokewalker?

I'm definitely going to pick it up for my first pokemon experience in what must be nearly 15 years!!! Crazy!! Hope it isn't too overwhelming!

Platinum was the same price, so it's not because of the Pokewalker. It's because they know the games will sell like hot cakes so they hiked the price.

Just about to go and have a walk around town with my Pokéwalker. It's quite cool how much stuff you can do with it - more than I was expecting (as I hadn't read all of Serebii's page on it. ;)). The two annoying things about it, though, are that you can't transfer Pokémon to and from it in-game (you have to do it from the menu after the title screen); and you can only tranfer Pokémon stored in your box onto it. That means that if you want to take any of your party Pokémon for a stroll, you have to deposit them in the PC at a Pokémon Centre before you save and quit. Shame there's no quick way to transfer Pokémon to the box wherever you are (or, indeed, transfer any Pokémon in your party).

I'm around six hours into it now, anyway, and just about to explore the Slowpoke Well. On my team so far (all around level 12):

Chikorita, Tentacool, Spearow, Nidoran, shiny Charmader and shiny Beldum (both from Platinum).

Touch screen controls are great, and make navigating menus much easier, though the menu designs themselves are pretty sparse. It's also cool having your lead Pokémon following behind you, even though it doesn't actually make any difference to the gameplay, and half the time I forget they're even there. The actual gameplay itself is the same as ever, and because I didn't have a GameBoy Color, Johto's all new to me too. It's the first time I've played a Pokémon game where I'm not bothered about catching every Pokémon, though, as my Dex on Diamond is now full. I'm really hoping for some big gameplay changes in Gen 5, though, as there's only so many times I can play through basically the same game with a few minor enhancements!

Just about to go and have a walk around town with my Pokéwalker. It's quite cool how much stuff you can do with it - more than I was expecting (as I hadn't read all of Serebii's page on it. ;)). The two annoying things about it, though, are that you can't transfer Pokémon to and from it in-game (you have to do it from the menu after the title screen); and you can only tranfer Pokémon stored in your box onto it. That means that if you want to take any of your party Pokémon for a stroll, you have to deposit them in the PC at a Pokémon Centre before you save and quit. Shame there's no quick way to transfer Pokémon to the box wherever you are (or, indeed, transfer any Pokémon in your party).

Pretty much sounds the same as the migrating feature from the GBA Pokémon games.

Does a Pal Park exist in Johto/Kanto?