NEurope
tapedeck

Do console designs matter to you? (Is the N64 black, grey or charcoal?)

Actually, he was Saruman the White until he went a bit crazy and Gandalf the grey became Gandalf the White.

But before he went crazy, he wasn't really a bad guy opposing Gandalf - even if he didn't approve of all his antics.

Its grey by the way

Jeez DuD, I thought you'd have my back on this one - traitor :heh:

If it was sold under the guise of being black then it is black, in the eyes of the seller and consumer

BLACK I SAY!

Another excellent point - a clincher if ever I saw one. Hey DomJcg, have I told you lately that I love you?

Only read the first post, but Puple Gamecubes pwnd Black ones, that did look a bit shit.

Also, the Wii shamelessly followed the trendsetting Apple, which is fine. And it doesn't need curves, and it's position and width is perfect when in the stand (which adds to it's aesthetic appeal), and overall works with it's "sharp" edges, giving the impression of maturity and sleekness for the casual/adult gamer, but also simplicity for the family market.

Only read the first post, but Puple Gamecubes pwnd Black ones, that did look a bit shit.

Also, the Wii shamelessly followed the trendsetting Apple, which is fine. And it doesn't need curves, and it's position and width is perfect when in the stand (which adds to it's aesthetic appeal), and overall works with it's "sharp" edges, giving the impression of maturity and sleekness for the casual/adult gamer, but also simplicity for the family market.

Although, I think they're probably kicking themselves that they didn't release the Wii in Aluminum Colored Plastic with black trim rather than white, seeing as white glossy plastic was starting to go out of style when the Wii came out.

It is currently impossible to manufacture an absolute black.

The darkest material ever made by man reflects only 0.45% of light (black reflects no light at all). Therefore, Gamecube cannot, technically, be black- it is dark grey, a very, very, very, very, very dark grey.

Do i get a medal?

Edited by david.dakota

It is currently impossible to manufacture an absolute black.

The darkest material ever made by man reflects only 0.45% of light (black reflects no light at all). Therefore, Gamecube cannot, technically, be black- it is dark grey, a very, very, very, very, very dark grey.

Do i get a medal?

No you don't get a medal.

Do i get a medal?

You get a Black Gamecube, attached to a chain to put around your neck, there's your medal. :heh:

Gamecube = Blaaaaaaaaaack!

N64 = Charrrrrrcoaaaaaal Grrrrrrrrrrey!

You 'know' it makes sense... ;)

I would always refer to my Gamecube as black. My eyes, unfortunately, can't distinguish the 0.45% between black and very, very, very, very, very dark grey. I'm not that good.

Although, i understand the point of calling it charcoal/impossibly grey. Its not physically possible to make black- and our darkest material is certainly not used in Gamecube.

Its not physically possible to make black- and our darkest material is certainly not used in Gamecube.

In that case, if the GC isn't black on account of this then this means that the N64 id definitely NOT BLACK by default as it is undeniably lighter in tone than the GC.

So it is Charcoal Grey or Dark Grey... ;)

[/thread]

Right then the blacks lose [/dodgy phrasing] teehee

So it is Charcoal Grey or Dark Grey... ;)

Is that the new debate?? I can see another title change :D

My vote is still dark grey.

Jeez DuD, I thought you'd have my back on this one - traitor :heh:
I've been working against you from day one... moo-wha-ha-ha :p

Isn't brown the new black?

Either way, the N64 is either Charcoal Grey / Dark Grey so it has no relevance to that but....

Are you trying to say that the Gamecube is Brown?!? :blank:

Well, the GCN was officially called "Jet", they never claimed it was black.

Well, the GCN was officially called "Jet", they never claimed it was black.

I know they called the Orange Gamecubes in Japan "Spice". What did Nintendo call the purple gamecubes?

I seem to remember something about it not being purple at all but rather 'royal blue' or 'regal blue' or some other honorable shade of blue in japan. Either way though it looked purple

Isnt the american blue DSi a bit of a gay blue compared to the japan one?

I would say the N64 is Charcoal Grey.

It's not quite black.

Isnt the american blue DSi a bit of a gay blue compared to the japan one?

I think the Jap one has more of a purple tint to it.

Wow, that darker one is so beautiful. If it were a woman, it would be Ine. :)

Edited by Retro_Link

Wow, that darker one is so beautiful. If it were a woman, it would be Penelope Cruz. :)

=(

*heart breaks*

=(

*heart breaks*

Well, that DSi is pretty, and it would be a beautiful woman. But, it wouldn't be the most beautiful woman in the world.

That would be the Wii. You're a Wii, gorgeous!

Edit: Retro, your cheque is in the post.

I want that dark blue one but I dont want it to have japanese writting in it :(