N-Europe

Which Member...?

Fierce_LiNk

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's kinda funny since I've always wondered the few times I've seen him post if his name was in reference to March of the Pigs.

Alright...

Which Member, ummm 1337 7r0u53r5

Should be fairly easy, I really couldn't think of anything.

I'm pretty sure someone in here has just opted out before and passed the question on to whomever. They didn't even make a faux question.

First, the lack of Foos love. Now, this. I'm starting to doubt if the pant are leet after all. :(

I joke. On with the show.

Is it Caligula?

Correct, good guess

If he ever did incest (which I don't remember exactly if he did), it was really the least of his crazy acts.

Scandals

Surviving sources present a number of stories about Caligula that illustrate cruelty and insanity.

The contemporaneous sources, Philo of Alexandria and Seneca the Younger, describe an insane emperor who was self-absorbed, angry, killed on a whim, and who indulged in too much spending and sex.[98] He is accused of sleeping with other men's wives and bragging about it,[99] killing for mere amusement,[100] purposely wasting money on his bridge, causing starvation,[101] and wanting a statue of himself erected in the Temple of Jerusalem for his worship.[95]

While repeating the earlier stories, the later sources of Suetonius and Cassius Dio add additional tales of insanity. They accuse Caligula of incest with his sisters, Agrippina, Drusilla and Julia Livilla, and say he prostituted them to other men.[102] They state he sent troops on illogical military exercises.[74][103] They also allege he turned the palace into a brothel.[53] Perhaps most famously, they say that Caligula tried to make his horse, Incitatus, a consul and a priest.[104]

The validity of these accounts is debatable. In Roman political culture, insanity and sexual perversity were often presented hand-in-hand with poor government

There ya go Danny

I know of Caligula's scandals, trust me. :p

Though they don't mention the worst of them: Believing himself to be Jupiter and, following the myth, carving his unborn child out of the mother's womb and consuming it.

As i know, you have been to and learned much more about Ancient Rome than myself.

I guess somethings arn't meant for Wikipedia to be fair.