NEurope

This week

3DS VC

Star Soldier - €4.99 (£4.49)

Summer Carnival ’92 RECCA - €4.99 (£4.49)

3DS Demo

Etrian Odyssey™IV: Legends of the Titan

3DS Download

Jewel Quest 4 Heritage - €11.99 (£10.79)

Bike Rider DX - €5.99 (£4.99)

Heavy Fire: Black Arms 3D - €4.99 (£4.49)

Sudoku by Nikoli - €4.99 (£4.49)

Secret Mysteries in London - €11.99 (£10.79)

Barbie™ Groom and Glam Pups™- €29.99 (£24.99)

DSiWare

Rhythm Core Alpha 2™ €9.99 (£8.99)

Special Offers

New Super Mario Bros 2 DLC:

-Additional Course Packs Single-Packs €1.75 (£1.40) until 31/8/13, 23:59 CEST.

-Additional Course Packs Two-Pack Sets €3.50 (£2.80) until 31/8/13, 23:59 CEST.

-Additional Course Packs Three-Pack Sets €5.25 (£4.20) until 31/8/13, 23:59 CEST.

Groove Heaven €2.99 (£2.69) until 15/8/13, 23:59 CEST.

I'll just try Etrian Odyssey. Have never played 'em before, so I'll just give them a try.

Yup, same here. Always been interested in giving tbe series a whirl, so I'm looking forward to this demo :)

Might be worth noting the save from the demo transfers over to the full version if you decide to pick it up.

Just got Summer Carnival 92 Recca...

what_hell_going_on_cats.jpg

OH GOD! Stuff flies around on the screen at light speed, things explode and Game Over keeps appearing on the screen for some reason!

And yet... Despite the fact that I suck... it's really fun! It's like a Cave/Danmaku shooter on speed! :D (which is pretty damn impressive, considering that it's NOT a danmaku shooter. No tiny ship hitbox for you!)

Edited by Dcubed

Etrian Odyssey demo only has 3 uses when the Japanese and US demo had 30 so make good use of them...

Etrian Odyssey demo only has 3 uses when the Japanese and US demo had 30 so make good use of them...

Yeah, it's crazy. I've had to leave my 3DS on over night in order to finish the damn demo!

WTF were NiSA thinking!? The demo is not designed to be completed in one sitting!

Yeah, it's crazy. I've had to leave my 3DS on over night in order to finish the damn demo!

WTF were NiSA thinking!? The demo is not designed to be completed in one sitting!

Yeah, it's really stupid. It's a decent length demo. :/

The save still transfers, right? Not playing it yet until I know I have enough free time. Plus it took ages to download last night.

Yeah, it's really stupid. It's a decent length demo. :/

The save still transfers, right? Not playing it yet until I know I have enough free time. Plus it took ages to download last night.

Yeah it does still transfer over.

So the demo save file should also transfer over to the physical release of the game?

Yes it will. Digital or Physical, it makes no difference.

This week in Europe

3DS

Cut The Rope €4.99 (£4.49)

Funfair Party Games Special launch offer until 5/9/13 (23:59 local time): €14.99 (£13.49) - Regular price will be €19.99 (£17.99)

ARC STYLE: Football 3D €4.99 (£4.49)

FISH ON 3D €8.99 (£8.09)

Carps & Dragons €4.99 (£4.49)

Boulder Dash-XL 3D €4.99 (£4.49)

3DS VC

Solomon's Key™ €3.99 (£3.59)

DSiWare

Quick Fill Q €1.99 (£1.79) / 200 Points

is the 3DS version of cut the rope any good?

The DSI version was perfectly serviceable, but this is a new version altogether, no?

Just got Summer Carnival 92 Recca...

OH GOD! Stuff flies around on the screen at light speed, things explode and Game Over keeps appearing on the screen for some reason!

And yet... Despite the fact that I suck... it's really fun! It's like a Cave/Danmaku shooter on speed! :D (which is pretty damn impressive, considering that it's NOT a danmaku shooter. No tiny ship hitbox for you!)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQS08xbZhicVlVOINqxjUWxxtO95xr0bQL6HybwSbyefGZEkGOF

I only properly started okaying this yesterday...

...I'm still playing it a day later. :heh:

Literally I have played nothing else as this is one damn addictive shmup! :D

I've played many examples of the genre before but nothing quite like this, just as many of these games are called 'bullet hell' this title should be defined as a 'what the hell?!' shooter as it takes a good half an hour just to figure out what the frack is going on! :p

To put it simply, I cannot recommend Summer Carnival '92 RECCA enough as it is a simply spectacular shmup that fans of the genre should not hesitate to pick up, it's genuinely a steal at £4.49 as I checked on eBay and the game goes for well over a hundred so it's worth getting this VC release just to experience it. :)

Even when you finish the game it's still not the end, as you have to reset the game and when that happens it retains your high score then starts you on a second play-through where all of the waves are different, the bosses come at you in completely random order and it's generally total madness! :laughing:

I'm not even at the end of my second play-through and I've already hit the 9999999 score limit, going to see it through to the end though, look out for my review of it coming in VC Weekly 255 but for now all I can say is that I completely approve of this stunning title. : peace:

Woah! You made it to the second loop!? I can't get past the second stage! :o

Those are some pretty impressive skills there mate! : peace: I'll keep plugging away on my end, maybe I'll get to stage 3 some day :laughing:

Woah! You made it to the second loop!? I can't get past the second stage! :o

Those are some pretty impressive skills there mate! : peace: I'll keep plugging away on my end, maybe I'll get to stage 3 some day :laughing:

Not only that... I made it nearly all the way through the second loop, got to the final stage, near the end; you know the counter in the bottom right-hand corner?

It reached one hour and all I see on the screen is 'Time Over!' no word of a lie, you have to complete the second loop within an hour even though there are more enemies and the bosses are tougher.

This game is brutal! :(

But I still love it. : peace:

This week in Europe

3DS

Disney Planes €29.99 (£24.99)

My Western Horse 3D €39.99 (£34.99)

3DS VC

Ninja Gaiden II™: The Dark Sword of Chaos €4.99 (£4.49)

DSiWare

Treasure Hunter X €1.99 (£1.79) - 200 Points

Quiet week

Yup. Not much going on on any platform really. NG2 3DS VC is the highlight of this week :blank:

This week's lot...

- Etrian Oddysey IV (€39.99/£34.99)

- Myst (€19.99/£17.99)

- Darts Up 3D (€2.99/£2.69)

- Mahjong 3D (€2.99/£2.99)

- Pinball: Revenge of the Gator (GB, €2.99/£2.69)

- Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion (€19.99/£17.99) (Price reduction)

YES! FINALLY! I've always wanted to play this game! Love Kirby's Pinball Land, can't wait to finally get the chance to play HAL's other GB pinball game! :D