NEurope
Jav_NE

Knee-Pit: The New Fragrance

What do you guys think about celebrity fragrances? Seems everyone has one, from Paris Hilton to Britney Spears, i've lost count of how many there are.

Ordinarily i'd say they disgust me. Just another way to cash-in and make a quick buck. I couldn't understand why anyone would want to buy such tripe when there are proper fragrances out there.

But then i saw this...

blackstarposter1760960.jpg

No doubt a lot of you are disgusted right now. I would be too. But i love Avril, and i felt this weird emotion when i saw it. I felt that, if i were a girl, i would so have to get that shit!

Whats wrong with me?! I hve no idea how much input she had in the making of it, only that she likes the packaging. But still, i'd wantto smell like Avril if i could. It's messed up.

Moving on from that though, what do you guys prefer to scent yourselves with? I'v always been a CK man. CK One used to do just fine, but CK In2U has become my regular christmas present from distant relatives, so that has become my new smell.

o.861.jpg

One last thing. What's with fragrance adverts?! They're all so weird. I guess its hard to sell a smell via vision, but surely they can think of better things than "wear this, it gets you sex".

Fragrance adverts eh?

Anyway. I too have CKIN2U which I think is from some holiday. Diesel from my aunt at Christmas, Versus Blue Jeans from my brother and David Beckham from my nan. I tend to alternate.

Although truth be told I would have never have chosen the DB one personally, because of the associations, but it actually smells quite nice.

The Peter Andre has to be the worse one just because it smelt of stale cat piss.

Lots of perfume adverts are quite nice. Often unusually short with bizarre special/sensual effects.

I still love that one for...Hynose? or something, with that woman crawling along a corridor, chased by a panther.

I need a fragrance, I don't have one. I HAD some a while ago, but ran out. Not idea what it was. I might just get CKIN@U, everyone seems to like it.

I wear Lynx. Because I absolutely have to smell like a teenage sex pest at all times.

I'm a CKIN2U man myself, unfortunately I've run out though, and have to resort to a David Beckham fragrance I got for Christmas.

I 'wear' lynx. By 'wear' I mean to say 'cover the smell of my BO with..'

But then I'm strange because I don't think my body's odour is all that bad in the first place.

Feet, on the other hand...

Hugo Boss - Soul.

Dunt know why? I just like it.

Always get lasses saying I smell nice, which to be fair is a slightly wierd complement as compliments go.

Do they say you smell if you dont wear it? :p

My colleague smells alot, but there's no way nice way to tell her. She cycles a long way every morning and clearly doesn't wear anti-persperent. The worse time was when she came to the cinema with us. It was even further away and she decided to cycle again. Man, those were a long two hours!

Cant even buy her something because then she would know we think she smells. What do we do?!

Cant even buy her something because then she would know we think she smells. What do we do?!

Its acceptable at gift giving occassions. Easter is round the corner.

Do they say you smell if you dont wear it? :p

Not to my face :weep::hehe:

I can remember one of my brothers mates getting suspended from school for a week because he near enough emptied a whole can of deoderant on a well known stinker. Was pretty funny to watch :grin:

Also i had a lecturer at college who smelled that bad, in the summer you could tell if she was in purely through whether or not her stench was assulting your nose as soon as you entered the building her room was in. To top it off she wore a vest top one day (that still haunts me) that showed she had pit hair. :shakehead I think i cryed a little. It was horrible, she could have had it cornrow'd there was that much.

Avril's hypocrisy just keeps on amazing me.

I have many difference fragrances, lasting from Christmas' past. My main two usages are the Jean Paul Gautier and the Hugo Boss one shaped like a ball.

i had a little sample bottle of some christina agelaaarrraaaaai'm not even gunna try and spell her name- fragrance... and i liked it - but just the fact that it was a celebrity brand thingy made me reluctant to actually buy a bottle...

thankfully now i dont have to 'cause jambas mum bought me some other perfume (paul smith?? *shrugs*) for christmas which i like muchly ^_^

but yeah... liked the smell, but probably wouldnt have bought it JUST because it was a celebrity perfume... they're just.. the ULTIMATE cash in "what the hell can i produce NOW?' item ~ they come after the autobiography... they're like the mid-life crisis of merchandising.

I've worn J'adore by Dior for years, I should try something different really; but I love it. Plus I wangle my way out of paying the hefty price tag as my dad works for BAA/buys it for me cheap on airside. Although admittedly he could do that with any perfume.

I choose to use my personnel cologne, I call it "ode de sueur"

Not much of cologne user, maybe when I´m doing something fancy but not just commonly.

Celebrity fragrances? I've never even bothered to bother with them, why should I trust some famous actor who's spent no time in the perfumage business to be making nice smelling stuff when there's pros been doing it for years eh? Bet them fools don't even wear it themselves! I tend to wear just whatever I can get/is knocking about/I like the smell of. I gotta like the smell of it, I used to wear some Next colognes, there was a well nice one then I got bought a different one but still from them and it wasn't so bad but it wasn't as good as the first, and then one day my dad got bought some JeanPaul Gobbledogookymajig which I slyly jacked/got given, and that's lasted aaaaaages.

So in short, no, no to celebrities and their silly silly smells.

(P.S Molly I may have to ask you to be my new best friend and buy me lots of duty free, pls? :D)

So in short, no, no to celebrities and their silly silly smells.

(P.S Molly I may have to ask you to be my new best friend and buy me lots of duty free, pls? :D)

Yep, never have and never will buy a 'celebrity smell', heh.

(I would, but he's disowning me atm; he got a new Blackberry today, handed it to me to look at and the first thing I did was drop it on the wooden floor. So, yeah, oops)

i had a little sample bottle of some christina agelaaarrraaaaai'm not even gunna try and spell her name

Aguilera?

By all accounts, easy to spell. :geek: Since it's technically Ag-Ee-Lair-ah.

Avril's hypocrisy just keeps on amazing me.

Because years ago, she hated things exactly like this? Oh, of course, I forgot people never change...:rolleyes:

--

I don't really see why it would matter if it was a "celeb" fragrance or not. If you like the smell, then buy it. It shouldn't matter what (or who's) name is on the front of it.

Because years ago, she hated things exactly like this? Oh, of course, I forgot people never change...:rolleyes:

Yes, because I really believed her when she was making a stand against the mainstream shit and being such a rebel. I put my faith in her and this is how she repays me.

I'd still plow her if I had the chance, but I'd only do it out of spite.

Yes, because I really believed her when she was making a stand against the mainstream shit and being such a rebel. I put my faith in her and this is how she repays me.

I'd still plow her if I had the chance, but I'd only do it out of spite.

She was a 16/17 year old tom boy that progressively grew out of it as she matured...but I'll stop, because this isn't the subject or the thread. Ignore me.

Yep, never have and never will buy a 'celebrity smell', heh.

(I would, but he's disowning me atm; he got a new Blackberry today, handed it to me to look at and the first thing I did was drop it on the wooden floor. So, yeah, oops)

Women + Technology.

I don't really see why it would matter if it was a "celeb" fragrance or not. If you like the smell, then buy it. It shouldn't matter what (or who's) name is on the front of it.
Ok but why does anyone boycott any product or brand? I'd say it's down to your own principles and in this case I choose not to fund some celebrity's bank account.

Women + Technology.

Quiet you. There was no permanent damage. :heh:

I <3 D&G Light Blue... Its also identical to I love Love. So fresh and lovely =)

I somehow managed to accumulate 3 (!) bottles of that Britney Spears perfume in the light blue bottle >_<

I was cleaning my room and found the third behind some drawers.. I'm beginning to speculate about their breeding capabilities ¬_¬