N-Europe

Festivals 2009

Ellmeister

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody who ordered through Seetickets get a confirmation email yet? My friend ordered from them and hasn't had his. Says it could be up to 5 hours - but it's not exactly great to wait for 5 hours to be told the order didn't go through!

Yay for email confirmation

thats a yes btw.

There was an error in processing your transaction. Please go back to the order form and resubmit your details.

Your credit card has not been charged for this transaction.

You should be automatically taken back to the order form.

If you are not then please press the back button on your browser.

wtf is that for, blglhlh

Looking at the lineup closer I must say I love it even though a lot of people seem to be saying it's crap.

Personally I'd like to see:

Arctic Monkeys

The Prodigy

Maximo Park

Enter Shikari

Bloc Party

Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Vampire Weekend

Brand New

Kings Of Leon

Placebo

Fall Out Boy

AFI

White Lies

Friendly Fires

Gallows

The Maccabees

Florence and The Machine

The Gaslight Anthem

id quite like to go to reading this year as id love to see radiohead, prodigy, ian brown, kings of leon, deftones, placebo etc......but £175 - £185 with booking fee is ridiculous. It was £90 in 2002, how has it gone up nearly £100 in 7 years?

I got put off by the sort of people who went last year, and this line-up is definitely enough to put the last nail in the coffin. I shouldn't have to be confiscating fireworks off a bunch of "rave" kids who think it's clever to light them and throw them at each other :hmm: Same goes for the "we're gonna have a riot here at 2am!" kids, they missed the point completely. The old Leeds riots were genuinely violent, a result of heavy-handed security clashing with punters. Last year it was a bunch of kids smacked off their faces on Es causing destruction to festival property, festival goers property and public property in the name of "fun". The final straw was seeing a bunch of lads pull a wall down, which landed on a bunch of tents. Luckily they were empty...

Download and (hopefully) Sziget festival for me this year. Download has the better line-up and is a lot safer, and apparently Sziget is great fun!

Got my ticket + Confrimation email before 8, line up is iffy but theres plenty of good bands playing yet to be confirmed.

Sure some of you will be interested, Lostprophets are headlining the R1 tent (not Sure whether it's Fri or Sun) and the other headliner of the tent is also a 'rock' band :).

Well my bro managed to get me a ticket, so I'm relieved. Although the lineup does look quite bad this year, here's hoping that the NME and Lock Up stages are better.

I also hope to go to Download (will be more about the music than the partying) but it's slap bang in the middle of my exams so I'm not sure if I'm able to go.

I think the lineup looks pretty good to be honest - RADIOHEAD, prodigy, deftones, placebo, Ian Brown(bound to play some stone roses songs). Ok theres a bit of shit like fall out boy and Enter SHikari but its not a bad lineup.....theyve gotta suit a variety of tastes.

I do still want to go to download......just because Faith No More are palying aswell as the prodigy.