N-Europe

Rollercoaster Thread

ReZourceman

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Went to Thorpe Park today and although the forecast was awful, the heavy rain managed to keep itself at bay until the end of the day.

Thorpe Park for me, pisses all over any other theme park in the UK.

Saw - Quality, really fun rollercoaster. First time I've been on it. Loved it.

Stealth - Another first for me, amazing ride. A little short. Dived on it a second time 5 minutes before closing as it was bucketing it down, rain stung the face and the seat had 3 inches of water in it. xD

Saw Alive - Was really quite funny didn't think I'd like it, but there were lots of jumps/scares and loads of laughs.

Slammer - Killed me, hate shit like this. But I wasn't going to back down in front of the lads.

Samurai - Same as above.

Nemesis Inferno/Colossus/Rapids/Log Flume/ X:\ No Way Out / Detonator /Vortex /Quantum/ Zodiac - Standard.

Managed to get all these rides in. And got frisked on my way in just for extra.. :nono:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm on such a crappy netbook that I can't adequately link good pictures, but yes it will have a vertical drop (it won't necessarily drop into a hole, although it might - it is 75 feet high and has a drop of 100 feet). It goes underground at points.

There are more pictures here.

http://publicaccess.staffsmoorlands.gov.uk/publicaccess/tdc/DcApplication/application_detailview.aspx?keyval=LWI1WJPG0D700&searchtype=PROPERTY&module=P3

It has a giant station building so is highly likely to contain some amazing elements INSIDE as well. Probably more inversions. It is confirmed to be a worlds-first-coaster, and element wise the theme park community cannot see anything, and so it is looking likely that it may break the number of inversions record.

It is located on the Black Hole tent site, (thus in X-Sector) and will follow a similar ish theme to Oblivion.

SW7.png

Basically with The Swarm this year and this next year.....it just put England on the theme park map, possibly/arguably for the first time.

Oblivion can eat queues, as can Nemesis Inferno. This one WILL be lower capacity, but hopefully it won't be too bad. Saw's queue can be long but its bearable as it moves quite frequently (because it has about 8 trains or something) this would surely have more (I don't know what the maximum for Eurofighters is).

The one that pisses me off the most is Collossus - its always got one fucking train. So lazy.

• 3 weeks later...
Looks like the test ride on The Swarm at Thorpe Park really didn't go well:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2091480/Thorpe-Park-The-Swarm-ride-test-run-sees-dummies-return-limbs-snapped-off.html :eek:

So, back to the drawing board for that ride I think. Unless, of course, it's all just a publicity stunt, which it might well be...

As Grazza said, don't trust anything Thorpe do. The "dummies" in the back rows are normal theme park dummies, mannequins aren't used lol.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!