Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Mass Effect 2

Dante

Amazon and argos are selling the 360 version for pre-order at £29.99.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/570500/mass-effect-2-xbox-360-delivered-fr

http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/570678/pre-order-mass-effect-2-x360-29-99-

As far as i know Amazon have a price guarantee so you pay the lowest price IF you order now at the current price even if the price rises.

Edited by The-Ironflame

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£29.99... that's a sickawesome price. But... do they do release-day delivery? I know with Game I have a good chance of getting the game 2 days early. But is that worth a tenner? Gah... Bah... Fah....

Worth a look at shopto, but but it delivered to work because they need a sig.

Tbh at £29.99 I think I'm gonna have to go with amazon as much as it will pain me to have to wait a couple more days.

So New Game + is in the game then. Not sure why this was ever in doubt, I took it as a given. I mean would you even be able to max out your character in one playthrough anyway? I'm pretty sure you couldn't in the first game.

No you couldn't, nowhere near. In fact you had to go through a whole playthrough just to do the last couple of levels because they took so much XP. Iirc the last level took nearly as much XP as all the other levels combined :heh: Early on the developers did say that there was going to be no New Game +, I was a bit disappointed tbh! And so were many others, so maybe they changed their mind. (If that's the case, I hope they didn't do a messy job of it)

Tbh at £29.99 I think I'm gonna have to go with amazon as much as it will pain me to have to wait a couple more days.

Ive never pre-ordered anything from Amazon before but when i have ordered stuff normally (that gets dispatched from their own depo and not someone else selling) it has arrived next day or day after. Suppose it depends on when they actually dispatch.

On the other hand if you go with Amazon you'll get an Inferno Suit so you can pretend to be Iron Man.

As I got the Digital Deluxe version of Dragon Age I should get access to the Blood Dragon Armour so that I can pretend to be a Cylon, assuming it crosses over to the 360 version.

Oh, I noticed you can preview the soundtrack over at Amazon, too. Bit of a different feel to the first game, but I like it.

Edited by Aimless

Just pre-ordered the Collectors Edition for my birthday :) I can't wait! I've just finished the 1st one again and am still not lv 60 :(

After looking at the videos for the new classes, they all look amazing! I was a Vanguard the first time, but may be swapping in my run-in-shotgun-everything-before-dying plan for a more laid-back Adept approach.

What do you guys think of the new classes? Any changes for you guys too?

I've tried really hard to avoid the trailer for this, ten I go to Sheffield's biggest cinema screen and they shove it in my face! Even putting my fingers in my ears couldn't block the booming audio of a cinema! Well... sounds flippin epic! I'm more hyped for this game than I have been for anything in ages.

I've tried really hard to avoid the trailer for this, ten I go to Sheffield's biggest cinema screen and they shove it in my face! Even putting my fingers in my ears couldn't block the booming audio of a cinema! Well... sounds flippin epic! I'm more hyped for this game than I have been for anything in ages.

Same here, i'd go as far as to say it feels like i'm waiting for Ocarina of Time to come out again.

Haha I saw that at Avatar too. Thought of you when it was on too screaming 'SPOOOIIILLARRRZ!'

What do you guys think of the new classes? Any changes for you guys too?

They all look great, really, mainly because the gunplay looks decent no matter who you pick. It's obvious that BioWare set out to make a decent shooter with all the RPG asides on top as opposed to hamstringing the combat by ensuring you can't hit a cow's arse with a shovel until you've sunk enough points into your weapon skills, as in the first game.

Just in case people were unaware, you aren't beholden to the class you chose in the original Mass Effect if you bring your character across. I think the only save I still have is a female Soldier Shepard — albeit with added Throw — but I think I'm going to switch to an Infiltrator first time through as I do love to cloak. Sniper rifles should prove to be a lot more useful this time, too, given that enemies have locational damage models; headshots make a difference and certain enemies have explosive tanks on their backs and such.

The world's first Mass Effect 2 review is in via the pages of Official Xbox Magazine US, which awards the 360 and PC RPG an impressive 9.5.

Among the praises for the BioWare sequel are its "outstanding" combat and "memorable" characters, but surprisingly OXM criticises the game's main story for being a bit disappointing.

"For all the myriad improvements that make Mass Effect 2's visuals so appealing and its combat so exhilarating, it's ultimately the way it moves us that make it some memorable," it says.

Source: CVG.

I'm a bit concerned over this 'main story being disappointing' but then I think back to the first game. I do think the story arc is awesome especially with the twist at the end but for me it was more about the character interaction and decision making that I loved so much. Plus finding all the little side missions and back stories. I think when games are hyped this much nothing will meet the high expectations people place on them.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!