N-Europe

Mass Effect 2

Dante

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would've preferred Garrus on the front or at least a Taurian. Wrex (or whoever that is) sucks. Who's the woman? Not the best boxart ever but this is my most anticipated game so i'll let it off. I'm praying that the level and quality of storytelling is on par with the first if not better.

• 2 weeks later...

New Mass Effect 2 Screens

masseffect2_screenshot_09_1280x720.jpg

masseffect2_screenshot_010_1280x720.jpg

BioWare wasn’t keen on releasing any details on the newest alien character, which debuted as an assassin, at E3, however, now, that has changed because it’s “Meet Thane” day over at the official Mass Effect 2 website. And you won’t believe who’s the star of the event.

“We’re going to surpass the extraordinary gaming experience we brought our fans in Mass Effect by delivering intensified combat and expanded weapon options as well as increased depth of planet exploration, all while delivering a powerful, emotionally engaging story,” said Dr. Ray Muzyka, General Manager and CEO, BioWare and General Manager and Vice President, EA when announcing the game. “Mass Effect 2 is shaping up to be an unforgettable RPG-shooter experience, taking players on a non-stop roller-coaster ride filled with stunning plot twists and no-holds-barred action.”

Edited by Dante

No, not that it was slow. It starts of great, then lulls there's a cool bit in the middle and then before you know it the game has finished. Ultimately I found the ending pretty dire as well.

Hmmm i must have been near the middle i was in a boss battle with the main bad guys sidekick. She was throwing wave after wave of enemies which i was killing with ease, then the game decides to make me moonwalk through the level. Well really, i was just floating backwards through the walls and ceiling. Was a bit pissed off with that as the last save was a while before that...

Was a bit pissed off with that as the last save was a while before that...

Hopefully they'll add an autosave in this one.

Anyway, I'm currently playing through the first one a third time. I want two contrasting plots (one good, one evil). My current good one is a class which is not fun to play as at all (plus I missed most of the side-quests).

I either enhailated everyone, or died instantly.

Biotic powers made it way too easy, towards the end that is.

I never got Biotic Powers to work effectively. I prefer guns.

And there's another thing the game needs: rumble for when you get shot (and maybe some screen blackness or something when you're nearly dead). Some of the projectiles are rather hard to see and Shepard doesn't really react much, and when you're focusing on the battle it's a bit too easy to not realise that you're dying.

Hopefully they'll add an autosave in this one.

Anyway, I'm currently playing through the first one a third time. I want two contrasting plots (one good, one evil). My current good one is a class which is not fun to play as at all (plus I missed most of the side-quests).

There was an autosave in the original. Not an especially good one, but it saved after every major cutscene, each use of the rapid transport, and whenever you land on a planet.

And there's another thing the game needs: rumble for when you get shot (and maybe some screen blackness or something when you're nearly dead). Some of the projectiles are rather hard to see and Shepard doesn't really react much, and when you're focusing on the battle it's a bit too easy to not realise that you're dying.

Theyre really easy to use, basically you pause time to aim.

You take the time to think.

Oh man, they were awesome when you got your head around them. If you play through it taking the biotic route and level up abilities such as singularity... they were the game's big showing-off point. You could create a little black hole that sucked all your enemies and anything else coded with the physics engine (well, basically just crates) in, spinning them around creating a massive ball of swirling bodies and boxes before flinging them in all directions. Omni-tool abilities were great too, especially for overloading robots and boosting your shields.

The gun route wasn't bad either, of course, but you were limited to just grind through the game with two main guns and two types of fire (marksman with pistol and overkill with shotgun were brilliant though).

The gun route wasn't bad either, of course, but you were limited to just grind through the game with two main guns and two types of fire (marksman with pistol and overkill with shotgun were brilliant though).

Two main guns? Soldiers have four main guns.

Anyway, perhaps I'll give a Biotic run-through (rather than a Vanguard, which was my first profile) a try.

I'm wondering if the Rachni queen I released is going to be an enemy or ally...assuming she's in the sequel. An army of Rachni would be handy.

It has to be! It's the most flagrant untied sub-plot in the first one, and probably the only one they feel obliged to do.

Edited by Shino

Yeah, I feel sure the Rachni decision will return in ME2. Although, it felt a bit weird in the DLC fighting Rachni. If the outbreak on Noveria was supposed to be isolated, and I had already killed the Queen, why was there hoards of the things coming out of the ground on a planet in a completely different system?

Yeah, I feel sure the Rachni decision will return in ME2. Although, it felt a bit weird in the DLC fighting Rachni. If the outbreak on Noveria was supposed to be isolated, and I had already killed the Queen, why was there hoards of the things coming out of the ground on a planet in a completely different system?

They were in the DLC? I don't remember that, just the Bavarian. I know you help a squad of marines fight them off on one system. I always guessed they lived for a really long time, or were in hibernation or something.

They were in the DLC? I don't remember that, just the Bavarian. I know you help a squad of marines fight them off on one system. I always guessed they lived for a really long time, or were in hibernation or something.

Yeah, thats the one I'm talking about. They pop out of about 4 different holes in the ground, and there are turrets you can power with the Mako.

But before the discovery of the Queen egg on the dormant spaceship, the Rachni were thought to be extinct. How did they manage to miss an entire colony on a populated planet?