NEurope

Be strong darren. Be strong. You don't need this game yet. Finish the PS3 version first....

Be strong darren. Be strong. You don't need this game yet. Finish the PS3 version first....

Struggling with this very same issue... too much to buy and still loads to play...

Edge Magazine: 8/10

"The title of Best On-Rails Gun Game Ever isn't the most prestigious, so let's try this; Dead Space Extraction is the Citizen Kane of on-rails gun games, or at the very least the Towering Inferno. But where other on-rails games sit comfortably within walls that have existed since Virtua Cop, Extraction thrashes about until the walls buckle. It's better designed, writen, acted & directed than 99% of any genre's games."

"An on-rails shooter it may be, but those rails are a work of art. With barely a pause for breath they plunge, bank and sometimes even break, launching you into the unknown before you crash onto a new, entirely unexpected course."

"Dead Space was a meticulously engineered survival horror, and the creepiest thing about Extraction is the ease with which it pulls that apart and rebuilds it as somthing else."

"Extraction is not just a gun game that happens to work on Wii; it's a gun game that couldn't work on anything else. Meanwhile, it's sharp writing, multinational cast and knockout looks, which owe a lot to some very moody lighting, lend it a multiplex charm that more than makes up for one notable foul-up; a poorly signposted boss battle."

GameTrailers - 7.9

-lacks a feeling of vulnerability, but is engaging

-pretty short game overall but no filler

-good zero gravity sequences

-combat is very similar to Dead Space, doesn't feel restricted due to being on rails

-one of the best looking Wii games

-fun while it lasts but ends too soon (recommends a rental)

IGN Review! - 8.5

8.5 Presentation

All the same storytelling mechanics are used, and while the script can be a little silly and cliché the overall package is a great one. Extraction lives up to the Dead Space name.

8.5 Graphics

The environments are impressive, animation slick, and the necromorph models look especially nice. What really pushes limits, however, is the dismemberment. Nice.

8.5 Sound

There’s a bland line here and there, but for the most part Extraction brings some great audio to the table. Sound design is chilling, and there are some great lines to boot.

8.5 Gameplay

Every facet of the Dead Space world is represented, be it stasis, weapon fire, telekinesis, or the truly awesome strategic dismemberment. Bottom line, it’s fun.

8.5 Lasting Appeal

The main story clocks in at around eight or nine hours, and while there’s no online leaderboards challenge mode is a nice addition too. Take or leave the motion comics.

Great OVERALL

(out of 10 / not an average)

Vook Review: 8.5

1jls2w.jpg

First 17 mins:

Edited by Dante

I just finished the first chapter.Initial impressions:Outstanding!!!

Seriously,If you absolutely must play one game this month,do yourselves a favor and buy it immediately.It is THIS good.

I have played all the rail-shooters on the Wii but this is BY FAR the best,the most complete experience.It is actually a new genre.It differs from the typical rail-shooters by a million of ways.It is a horror game with such well written cinematics that engage you in the vibe of the game.

And,by the way,the graphics are phenomenal!

Struggling with this very same issue... too much to buy and still loads to play...

Im doing very well myself. Usually I would have snapped this up by now but I yet to finish one of my other games. No purchase for me...yet.

GT Review

Edited by Hero-of-Time

i just got this for £13.99 from blockbuster!!!!!!! :) it was priced at 14.99 then after some confusion they said they would give me the bennifit and charged me even less for 13.99 what luck :)

i just got this for £13.99 from blockbuster!!!!!!! :) it was priced at 14.99 then after some confusion they said they would give me the bennifit and charged me even less for 13.99 what luck :)

Odd that they even had it at £14.99 are we talking about the wii version here?

I'm now waiting for this game to drop in price tend to do most of the time now, most of my Gamecube games were day release purchases.

I was thinking of taking a stroll to my local Blockbuster on Monday just to see if this game was available for rental.

I'm definitely going down there now so I hope that this is still available at that price (sounds more like a one-off balls up though), especially as I refuse to pay anything more than £15 for light gun games.

That being said, it probably won't be too long before it drops to that price range anyway.

Watched the review and it looks to be a very good game. I've enjoyed every light gun game I've played so far on the Wii and Dead Space looks to be boosting them onto the next level- kudos to EA!

Yeah, I've loved them all too - got Links, HotD2+3 and Overkill, Umbrella Chronicles and Ghost Squad. All fab. Even the lightgun games in the Rayman game are great.

Actually played Overkill today for the first time in months, what a game. So much fun. Got me excited for this and Darkside...but I'm still going to be strong and wait a little longer. Finish a few more games, finish Dead Space on the Ps3 and then get some lightgun action on the go!!

DS:E didn't enter the UK game charts.

It's not officially out til early October. I know some places have been stocking it, but I wouldn't expect it to achieve maximum-potential penetration on its first week when its first week is before the announced date.

It came out on friday but the official release was supposed to be the october 1st. It entered the Wii charts at number 16.

Another great looking title that has just popped out without any announcement let alone marketing!

What? This was massively hyped up by the internet. There was literally a brand new developer video each week from EA.

What? This was massively hyped up by the internet. There was literally a brand new developer video each week from EA.

Really? Actually, I think I remember seeing ads on VGChartz. But that was all. Saw adverts for A Boy and his Blob todayover on Gamefaqs, I didn't realise that was out in October.

Now that I've heard that some places have mistakenly priced it at £14.99 there is no way I'm gonna pay more than that, pricing error or not, it's short anyway so I'll pick it up whenever/wherever I see it for £14.99 or less, secondhand preferably, because it's EA. :heh:

More reviews:

GamePro (100/100): "An experience that's more captivating and engaging than any light-gun game I've ever played before. [The story] mirrors Dead Space's thoughtful dialogue, characterizations and pacing which is a good thing all around."

GameDaily (80/100): "Although we questioned EA's decision to do this, as well as bring Dead Space to the family centric Wii, everything clicks and the game's surprisingly enjoyable. Instead of conjuring up a cheesy narrative (as seen in other shooters like Ghost Squad), the developers put a lot of effort into the story and its characters."

Eurogamer (80/100): "Gameplay is straightforward, yet it's a refined familiarity, borrowing numerous elements from the original Dead Space in abundance while wrapping them around the well-worn demands of a typical on-rails shooter ... One area that definitely benefits from the on-rails nature of Extraction is the overall pacing. Sometimes you creep along agonisingly, other times it feels like the enemy onslaught is never going to end. There are few occasions where you don't come away feeling like your scraped through by the skin of your teeth, and even on the game's lowest 'Normal' difficulty, there's a definite sense of achievement when you get through."

Giant Bomb (60/100): "Extraction's marketing campaign would like you to think of it as a 'guided experience' that whisks you through the dramatic beginnings of the series' horrible space-monster outbreak, but in blunt terms, Extraction is an on-rails shooter. Blunter still: it's a light-gun game. These days, that's not a style of game serious game players usually gravitate toward. But keeping the genre's inherent restrictions in mind--not to mention the limitations of the Wii hardware -- Extraction is really pretty good, for what it is."