NEurope

As great as Resident Evil 4 is, I do wish people would stop pumping it up so much. It wasn't the only great game last generation.

Yeah, there was Universal Studios too.

Yeah, there was Universal Studios too.

A Wiimake of that would be immense.

Haha, I wonder if there ever will be a sequel. If there is a God, then no.

why are people being bitches about this? you bought the wii for a UNIQUE experience and yet you want more of the same with downgraded graphics.. Like dead rising?

No The wii should stick to games it's good at and lightgun is a genre as stated. EA are CLEARLY putting serious effort behind this title EA have great quality control these days.. this WILL be a quality game I have faith in EA.

you people LIKE house of the dead in fact i got bitched at for questioning the high scores it was getting by the same people who are disappointed in this.. WHAT THE FUCK PEOPLE!?

As great as Resident Evil 4 is, I do wish people would stop pumping it up so much. It wasn't the only great game last generation.

No it wasn't, but there's not really been anything else like it¹. Other than Dead Space. Oh, wait...

I'm holding out for this game playing like Killer7. The mechanics are such a perfect fit that if it doesn't turn out to be the game I've just conjured up in my head I'll have no choice but to sign up to GameFAQs to post disparaging comments about EA, most likely using the format of "EA = [Derogatory term]".

¹That is also good.

No it wasn't, but there's not really been anything else like it¹. Other than Dead Space. Oh, wait...

I'm holding out for this game playing like Killer7. The mechanics are such a perfect fit that if it doesn't turn out to be the game I've just conjured up in my head I'll have no choice but to sign up to GameFAQs to post disparaging comments about EA, most likely using the format of "EA = [Derogatory term]".

¹That is also good.

I for one hope that it WON'T turn out to be Killer 7-ish gameplay. RE4 gameplay would suit the game much better. I mean, moving on a rail, but having to swap cameraangle depending on if you want to shoot or walk is just annoying.

The trailer looks really good, I hope the gameplay will be OK.

Probably will be better than the PS3 game. Boy that was boring. I think the on rail idea focuses the game on its strengths. The gameplay and backtracking was awful in Dead Space.

i didnt know it is going to be prequel of the first game.

Im interested how the story is going to work as the Dead Space manga movie was a prequel to the game. Will this be the game of the manga or something different altogether.

Im not bothered by the annoucement of it being a shooter, aslong as the game is fun then I don't care what genre it is.

People's reactions to this have been hilarious.

Look. It's been in development for over a year, it's got a great engine, and it looks like it's gonna be scary as hell. While I do hope this and HOTD:Overkill 2 (which will happen) are the last lightgun/on rails games we get, any dead space on the system is good.

Yep, I was disappointed by the on-rails bit too. I was like "First person? Yeah! .. No wait, on-rails? Damn!" Not that I have anything against on-rails, but I prefer other genres.. Just imagine a fps horror game (with similar limited movement though).

Still.. It's the same studio. I think we can more or less expect the same production values and atmosphere.. We'll just have to wait how the gameplay'll turn out.

Like I said, on-rail shooters aren't my favourite genre, but House of the Dead got even me hyped, and Starfox 64 was one of my favourite games on the N64, so on-rails isn't necessarily a bad thing, and this game obviously will be different, it won't have an arcade feel.

The on-rails thing immediately removed the hype for me, but I'm still optimistic and looking forward to this (just a little bit less than before).

Though if they decide to also do a survival FPS, that would be great ;).

Not too sure about the announcement of this.

Excellent that Dead Space is finding it's way to Wii , although on rails does bother me a little. At least it'll be different enough (it would have to be to work anyway) from the other versions to warrant a revisit to the Dead Space world.

As Aimless said , if EA manage to achieve gameplay something along the lines of the awesome Killer 7 then I feel it could be great.

Will just have to reserve judgement until a little nearer release.

The moment I heard this was on-rails, I lost interest - the only on-rails shooter I ever enjoyed was Killer7.

Gun calibration please.

Out of interest, does Umbrella Chronicles have calibration for gun shells?

nope. My gun shells came today. I'll check them our later on Overkill and feedback with my findings

ign-toons-level-97-20090220022317961-000.jpg

I used to read Cubetoons, was pretty good until they started trying to infect readers with spyware and went over half a year without updating. Completely agree though, EA only said that Dead Space was coming to the Wii, they just didn't say in what form.

I used to read Cubetoons, was pretty good until they started trying to infect readers with spyware and went over half a year without updating. Completely agree though, EA only said that Dead Space was coming to the Wii, they just didn't say in what form.

you realise people complained about zack and wiki,umbrella chronicles and tons of other titles.

I don't even think nintendo even take their fans seriously and can you blame them after reactions like the wind waker..

What do you want a scaled down port like dead rising or a brand new game build ground up for the wii which uses it's strengths?

you realise people complained about zack and wiki,umbrella chronicles and tons of other titles.

I don't even think nintendo even take their fans seriously and can you blame them after reactions like the wind waker..

What do you want a scaled down port like dead rising or a brand new game build ground up for the wii which uses it's strengths?

I can't work out which bit of this post is in response to me.

Good point. A lot of gamers are hypocritical regarding this because while they say they want new games that are tailored to what the Wii can do, rather than what it can't, when push comes to shove (as shown with this new Dead Space) its a whole different story.

what im seeing alot of wii owners want is anouther console, dont like scaled down, dont like specialy tailored, what can ya do?

I don't remember reading anyone saying the game was intrinsically bad just based on the fact of it being on rails (most people would agree that the game looks good). But people expected something like the original Dead Space which is possible and probably excellent with Wii controls.

For me it will end like this, I probably won't buy an on rails shooter because its not a genre I particularly like, unless it really proves to be excellent. If it were a third person shooter like everyone expected, I would probably buy it despite me being a pussy when it comes to horror games. So, I went from buying with sacrifice to myself, to not buying.

I'm pretty sure a lot of people out there feel just like me.

I don't remember reading anyone saying the game was intrinsically bad just based on the fact of it being on rails (most people would agree that the game looks good). But people expected something like the original Dead Space which is possible and probably excellent with Wii controls.

For me it will end like this, I probably won't buy an on rails shooter because its not a genre I particularly like, unless it really proves to be excellent. If it were a third person shooter like everyone expected, I would probably buy it despite me being a pussy when it comes to horror games. So, I went from buying with sacrifice to myself, to not buying.

I'm pretty sure a lot of people out there feel just like me.

in this day and age.. first person light gun games are more seldom done than third person shooters... You know as well as I do that genre can't possibly be better on wii than the 360 and ps3.. yes FPS games have the potential tp be better due to control

but I don't believe the wii had anything better to offer dead space as It was on 360.. what could it add?

You KNOW it's just going to end up turning out like dead rising if it went down that route what do you want to the developers to do exactly. Even if the developer pure their heart and soul into the graphics it's going to end up worse than the 360 counterpart.

People should be rejoicing for games like this.. Because it's GOING to be good. And If you hold your horses I believe there should be more than meets the eye with this game.