NEurope
welsh_gamer

Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings

Is it finished? Because if it's early-ish then there's a strong chance it will improve. I bet the people bitching in here are the same people bitching when SHaun White screens got released!

Is it finished? Because if it's early-ish then there's a strong chance it will improve. I bet the people bitching in here are the same people bitching when SHaun White screens got released!

I'm sorry, but when you're far enough in development to release a detailed press release along with screenshots, have the largest Nintendo magazine in the world run a cover feature on your game and are planning a Spring 2009 release, there isn't really much time to bring your game forwards by two graphical generations.

The game may turn out to be fantastic, and I'll probably buy it since I love Indiana Jones, but it's blindingly obvious that LucasArts have put absolutely no effort into the graphics.

At least it comes with a SCUMM game.

May be the only reason I search this game out in the bargian bins at Christmas. Considering Lucasarts dont release their old point and click games on GOG or places like that.

Is there a particularly reason why this is getting so much coverage? Does it feature superb controls or gameplay or something? Or, is it just because of the Indi name?

Just seems like a regular video game-movie tie-in.

Wait, those graphics suck?

You lot need to get your eyes checked. Pronto.

Any news on whether or not is has Ford's actual voice?

I actually really wanted the N64 game as I thought it looked great.. it's a shame it never came out over here :hmm:

I don't have any interest in this game though.. and it looks horrendous :eek: I'll maybe have to figure out a way of getting the N64 version, I'm sure there must be something to allow you to play it on a PAL N64..

Looks excellent, I just love the way the way the water looks.. Amazing.

(Not.)

The only screenshot in this thread with water is the N64 game, which someone posted for comparison.

EDIT: Nevermind I guess that's water in that fishtank thing.

May be the only reason I search this game out in the bargian bins at Christmas. Considering Lucasarts dont release their old point and click games on GOG or places like that.

If LucasArts released their SCUMM engine games on VC with Wiimote functionality added then they would make far more money than IJ:SoK ever will.

But just in case, Nathan are you SURE those are the shots for the Wii version not the PSP one?

But just in case, Nathan are you SURE those are the shots for the Wii version not the PSP one?

Not until we get a statement from LucasArts to confirm it. I don't see why you'd release PSP shots of a game which has a press release focusing almost exclusively on the Wii version, though.

Not until we get a statement from LucasArts to confirm it. I don't see why you'd release PSP shots of a game which has a press release focusing almost exclusively on the Wii version, though.

It's a trap!

post-4-1062619417.gif

Is there a trailer for this, or just the screens? Maybe I skimmed over this too fast and missed the trailer. Yeah, they do look more like PSP screens, but it could also just be bad screenshots. A trailer would clear this up.

Or, they could have fucked up and added the PSP screens to the Wii press release. Wouldn't be the first time the wrong screens have been attached to a press release.

Is there a particularly reason why this is getting so much coverage? Does it feature superb controls or gameplay or something? Or, is it just because of the Indi name?

Just seems like a regular video game-movie tie-in.

wondered this too.. isn;t this at the front of te latest nintedo power issue or one of those mags? why?

There's a trailer which is one long FMV:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/44918.html

The insulting thing is that all of that looks like very possible graphics for a PS3 game maybe even 360. Looks like the video almost uses the Uncharted engine ffs....

I'm going to quote Yahtzi for this one: "Indiana Jones in a Fridge Award for Franchise Murder". How fitting.

Looks excellent, I just love the way the way the water looks.. Amazing.

(Not.)

Problem is none of the game pics posted shows water. Which is even sadder because you made the same mistake I did, and mistook this...

indy_010.jpg

...for a pic of the game. But if you read Haden's post in full you find out that this is an N64 screenshot! But when I looked at it, I also thought it was a screenshot from the Wii game, because frankly, it looks just like the other pics. :heh:

which also don't look too great to be honest.. the 360 screen would be acceptable as wii screens.

New screens:

75251520090330_170018_3_big.jpg

Nice try...but that's obviously an N64 screen due to the smaller size, badly photoshopped Wii Remote sign and those spiders.

Still think it looks great.

By the way, this is Wii-exclusive as far as I know (next-gen-console-wise).

Story Trailer

Look a good bit better in motion actually! Story and quest sound good!

Edited by Retro_Link

I think it looks pretty good! Still going to take a chance and purchase it!

I think he's right really. "The kind of story that fans expect." Didn't realize that "the staff of kings" referred to Mozes' staff he used to split the Red Sea with. Fits right into the bigger picture of Indy quests, just like the Holy Grail (and unlike a certain crystal skull).

For those interested in getting this, the game will be out in Europe on the 12th of June.