NEurope
Guest Maase

Team Fortress 2

I know there's already a thread to this game, but its just so unpopulated, old and the user who did it is banned, so...

Gentleman, allow me to introduce to you the best online game ever made (also the funniest and the one who requires more strategy)

TEAM FORTRESS 2

teamfortress2er2.jpg

Love annoying everyone else and being as quick as hell? Play Scout.

Love doing one shot kills and being able to destroy 5 guys at once? Play Soldier.

Love close combat and to do surprise attacks? Play Pyro.

Love exploding stuff and not having to be close to the adversary to kill him? Play Demoman.

Love to kill quickly and strongly and beind invincible at low range? Play Heavy.

Love to snipe at long ranges and do one-shot kills? Play Sniper.

Love to heal everyone in need of healing and to be invincible when generous? Play Medic.

Love to own quietly and be a tide turner of the match? Play Spy.

Love to help your team by constructing teleporters to teleport the slowers, Sentries to protect the weakest and sentries to heal the ones in problem? Play Engineer.

Give us your Steam ID/Gamertag/Whatever, and optionally, say your favorite classes

By the way, we should totally make a server for N-Europe, bro's.

My Steam ID: Jadosra (its from my brother, but I'm allowed to use it)

Favorite classes: Scout, Spy and Engineer

I played it a ton on PS3 when I got orange box not sure it will run on my samsung netbook though lol!

MEDIC!

Bought a copy of the Orange Box for the 360 again just after xmas purely to get back into TF2. So good. And funnily enough, all the random people I played it with a year ago are still playing it now which is strange. Most of the time I can get a decent match. Just 2 achievements short of 100% and those are the Medic healing one and the sentry turret one.

Meh. I got pretty bored of it pretty quick. Probably doesn't help that my PC doesn't run it very well but it didn't have much staying power for me.

An N-E server wouldn't be worth doing, either. Though as I've said time and time again we need to get some sort of voice ops going. Considering getting a Ventrilo for the WoW players and the FPSers and other PC gamers on here but I dunno if it'll gather enough interest for me to do so. Will think about it later on.

I used to, and still do sometimes, play the original Team Fortress on PC. There's quite a loyal following still on there. I did like TF2 and i've got it on xbox360 but all this crap about there's loads of people on there and tons of servers is basically shit. Everytime I go on there, there's at best 5 servers. You're very lucky to get one which doesn't lag too. Also people seem to only play 2fort. What's the point in the other maps if you don't play them. It's a shame really because there was no reason why it couldn't have worked on the 360, they just fucked it up.

^ when are you playing it? When I go online, there are usually loads of servers/matches to connect to, mostly all 16 player and the vast majority are on Dustbowl, which is an awesome map if you get the full 16 players and don't get any cheaters which still seems a common occurance. Have to admit not many people play the Hydro map, at least on Xbox Live, which is a shame as it's quite a good one.

I do agree with the lag though. A lot of matches I join garner some atrocious lag but it's about 50/50 for getting a perfect connection for a good match or for getting a laggy one. Still great fun though.

Wish they'd hurry up with the updates though as it's been awhile since they announced it. But then it is Valve so it's gonna be awhile before we see them.

I heard that they're making two updates to the XBOX360, one with all the updates on characters that weren't made yet and another one to fix the lag.

Anyways, no Steam users here? ;___;

I'm a steam user...mostly for casual stuff though. Team Fortress 2 is actually quite cheap on steam and can you run it? says I can play it on my Samsung NC10 bit surprised to be honest not sure how playable it will be though, might need a proper keyboard and mouse or a controller.

I'm a steam user. Although I'd rather have the 360 version of the Orange Box.

I had TF2 for the 360 and it played horrendously bad. PC version is 500x better, great game! Did anyone play TFC?

Yep, I used to adore TFC. I'm still clamoring for them to put Rock2 in TF2, nerve gas and all.

I will buy TFC when doing my "Valve bro", buying every game from them, except Half Life 1, Half Life 1 Blue Shift, Half Life 1 Opposite Force, Half Life 2, Half Life 2 episode 1 and Half Life episode 2, which I'l download.

Also, to all Steam Users, put your Steam Username here, please.

Also, add me, please:

Jadosra (Not always me playing, most of the time is my brother)

I will buy TFC when doing my "Valve bro", buying every game from them, except Half Life 1, Half Life 1 Blue Shift, Half Life 1 Opposite Force, Half Life 2, Half Life 2 episode 1 and Half Life episode 2, which I'l download.

Also, add me, please:

Jadosra (Not always me playing, most of the time is my brother)

Already got you maase. Your brother is fun to play with on Left 4 dead.

Gentleman, allow me to introduce to you the best online game ever made

Definitely a classic, there's been nothing that's kept me coming back this much since UT2004! Cannae wait for the Scout update :D

See you in the game lads!

*cough*

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/neurope

http://n-europe.com/forum/showpost.php?p=622822&postcount=4

*cough*

Spy/Sniper update in progress, painfully dreadfully slow. Less than 1Kbps at one point for me.

Although it started off going at 248 for the first 14 percent then dropped to single digits and below.

Anywho, http://steamcommunity.com/id/nolan7689/

I also have L4D but generally only play TF2 on a daily basis. Mostly just 2 different servers though, The Drunken Brawl which is local and does good official maps (ie No shitty 2fort unless it gets voted in) and another server which is 24/7 Lazytown Lazynite which is the best 5 cp map you will ever play. If you play on Steam, look for cp_lazytown and make sure it's got increased player cap, and nearly full for maximum fun.

Just finished. Literally just finished as I checked the thread.

Oh, my speeds sorted themselves out btw.

Nice. I'll get it downloaded and play it tomorrow. It's a good day to be a pyro!*

*Will probably end up playing as either a Sniper or a Spy anyway with about 95% of the rest of the players

I haven't played the PC version in about a year. When will the 360 version get updates?

Valve have gone real quiet on the 360 updates front. If they're gonna do it then surely there's enough stuff in place to warrant asking 360 users to pay for it. But in all honesty, I don't think it'll bother coming to the 360 now. The community on it that still plays is incredibly small and the updates are unlikely to pull people back in because it's been so long since the game was released. Missed opportunity by Valve anyway.

RAGE!

Valve fucked the unlock system royally. It's completely random with no rhyme or reason to it. I was playing Solider/Pyro for 20 hours this morning, I unlock Sandvich WHICH I HAVE. I watched other people playing medic unlock Kritzkreig and blutsuager which they were using. Also, it seems if you're a good player you don't get unlocks very often, but if you're getting your ass handed to you again and again you apparently unlock things left and right. People have unlocked weapons just by SPECTATING THE GAME!!! You can't unlock by achievements for Sniper or Spy, but you still can for the other classes. It's a pretty terrible system at the moment.