NEurope
Guest Maase

Team Fortress 2

Go in to console and type

bind <key> toggle_duck

I'm not sure how keys on a gamepad are identified though, so I can't tell you what <key> will be.

Thanks. The code for it will be in the options.

I might be up for it tonight if enough people are interested.

I can't download this everytime I go to steam comes back and says the servers are too busy wierd though cos downloaded some other stuff off it fine.

Go to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\

and delete "team fortress 2 client content.gcf", "team fortress 2 content.gcf", and "team fortress 2 materials.gcf". If one of those files isn't there, don't worry about it. If there's another file with "team fortress 2" in its name, delete that as well.

After you've done this, it should hopefully work.

There's a glitch in steam where some of the installation files are written but the game isn't actually downloaded, which leads to the problem you're having.

Go to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\

and delete "team fortress 2 client content.gcf", "team fortress 2 content.gcf", and "team fortress 2 materials.gcf". If one of those files isn't there, don't worry about it. If there's another file with "team fortress 2" in its name, delete that as well.

After you've done this, it should hopefully work.

There's a glitch in steam where some of the installation files are written but the game isn't actually downloaded, which leads to the problem you're having.

ok thank you.

I'll be on this evening, I'll add a couple of folks on Steam (I currently only have Bard).

Edited by The fish

Man, you've been poopsocking this game hardcore. A little scared to get on with you to be honest :heh:

Man, you've been poopsocking this game hardcore. A little scared to get on with you to be honest :heh:

What the heck is poopsocking? My Mac-owning friend and I have finally found a good FPS we can both play, so we've been racking up the hours.

Anyone going on soon? I'll be on in about 30 mins I think

Yeah, I'll be on in about 15 mins.

Nice game guys ;). I’ll try to be online tomorrow night.

Was fun to play in a big group like that :D

Guess I'll use my headset next time :p

Ha, well I have a mic, but no headphones at the moment.. :|

But I wouldn't want to expose you to my atrocious spoken English anyway ;). or the sound of my computer fans for that matter :D.

T'was most enjoyable last night. Thanks to Smeagol for the epic healz

I only wish that the crouch was toggle - it's very annoying having to hold down the left stick to move while crouched.

You play with a pad 0_o

You play with a pad 0_o

Yes. I don't like keyboard/mouse for playing games.

Ha, well I have a mic, but no headphones at the moment.. :|

I have a mic/headset but would feel odd talking if only one or two people were speaking.

Ive installed my copy of TF2 today so i'll hopefully be able to start joining you guys on this. Just hope my laptop can run it ok, first time ive played it since my old pc.

But next time we should co-ordinate our team chat a little better ;). It’s more fun if we are in the same team no? Can’t we all join as a clan or something?

It gets tricky when we're trying to get everyone on one team when servers have autobalance and players leaving and joining all the time. The only thing we can really do is keep an eye on the scoreboard and join the team with the N-Eers on!

Yeah, autobalancing does make it a bit trickier...oh well, at least it keeps the playing field more balanced.

Anyway, thanks for playing guys, was great! Totally appreciating the flare gun more now, setting people on fire from a distance is awesome! :D Also, helps me not die all the time from mad suicide dashing... xD Speaking of which, think I improved a bit in regard to my playing strategy, playing more support in general than just mindless kamikaze! Although, that can be super satisfying as well, if you get it right... ;)

But next time we should co-ordinate our team chat a little better ;). It’s more fun if we are in the same team no? Can’t we all join as a clan or something?

It seems that the voice chat would be the best choice for that. Does it activate automatically when you speak, or do you need to push a button? I think it was marc who was giving instructions while healing me, very helpful :)

I have mine bound to V for push to talk. It's very useful.

The flare gun is great Ville - flare people who run away from you after you've set them on fire for a mini-crit bonus :)

I really want to get into this and I feel like a multiplayer match with your guys is the way to do it. I'll download it tonight and probably be on a helluva lot next week if you guys are? My steam name, incidentally, is Nintendohnut :)