NEurope

That'll also put Vettel on the 'clean' and better side of the grid, but that wont count for much if its wet!

Yeah it should help them massively going up the hill of the starting straight! Button better watch up for some first corner mayhem!!

What a chaotic start!!

Crashes, drivers almost fighting, pit lane chaos!!

Button kicking arse through the pack now though! hope he doesn't push it too much and get taken out. COME ON!

Also good to see Hamilton racing well working his way up!

COME ON THE BRITS

Edited by Platty

Gah, Rubens. He has the worst luck in the world today. He and Vettel have just not had the luck, Button really has had all the luck this season. But he also has had the consistency and some exquisite overtaking when it counts.

Can't begrudge him though. Rubens is starting to show his age losing his neck as early on as he did.

EDIT: Not much noise at the trophy ceremony. But I know how it must feel for them since what happens.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Wooooohooooo

Well done Button. Well deserved. He had a great start to the season with the 2nd half being a bit dodge but thank God he didn't choke! He showed people why he is the deserved champion with some great driving and overtaking throughout the season. Well done.

2 Brits winning it in a row, Awesome.

Edited by Platty

2nd season in a row a brit has won the world championship at interlagos, finishing 5th and driving car 22.

Awesome race, drama all over the place. I was hoping Barrichello was going to take it to the last race but Button definitly deserved it. Some great drives from Webber, Kubica and Lewis too. Kimi did well to carry on after that quick toasting shortly after the start I thought.

Fucking hell my heart was in my mouth when Kimi's car turned into a fireball for a brief second!!

Well done to Button, he did a great drive today!

Though I'll be honest I would have liked to have seen it decided in Abu Dhabi, and really would have prefered to see Rubens take the title as I feel he's deserved of one.

Unlucky to Vettel aswell, he seemed extremely dissapointed but I think Red Bull may get another good chance next year.

Well chuffed for Button, my nan was a massive fan of his. She had pictures on the wall and everything, even when he had a shit car she believed in him. But she passed away just before last Christmas and missed it all, bit of a downer that. But yeah, quality race today.

Woah!

Raikkonen recovered to sixth position, but reckoned a top three finish was possible.

"What happened on the first lap ruined my race," said Raikkonen. "First I was hit at the first corner, then when trying to pass Webber, I was hit and lost the front wing.

"At the pitstop, I ended up with some drops of petrol in my eye, from the fuel line stuck on Kovalainen's car and then I was engulfed in flames and blinded: I was going to stop, but luckily the flames soon went out.

"Even now, my eyes are still burning, but I'm alright. After the restart, I could only try and use the strategy to move up the order and at least I brought home a few points.

"I am disappointed because today I'm sure we could have made it to the podium. There is one race to go: let's see what we can do in Abu Dhabi to get back that third place."

Also Kobayashi was crazy today!!

He has huge confidence, showed a lot of potential, but also pulled a few mad stunts!!

Could be one to watch though!

Edited by Retro_Link

Fucking hell my heart was in my mouth when Kimi's car turned into a fireball for a brief second!!

Well done to Button, he did a great drive today!

Though I'll be honest I would have liked to have seen it decided in Abu Dhabi, and really would have prefered to see Rubens take the title as I feel he's deserved of one.

Unlucky to Vettel aswell, he seemed extremely dissapointed but I think Red Bull may get another good chance next year.

Same here! Really crapped myself :o

Excellent drive from Button, really was. Vettel and Hamilton also were very good. Kobayashi, well i wanna see more of him :D

Awesome race. For some reason Interlagos always is. Really happy for Button, though it's kind of a shame that Abu Dhabi doesn't hold much significance now.

Anyone else think Trulli was being a bit of a cock?!!

When you watch the replay I honestly have no idea what he's having a go at Sutil for; especially in the physical way he was!!

Go to 6:02

Also thought Webber was a bit out of order (5:34)...

bad.jpg

He completely closed the door on kimi and put him on the grass, webber wasn't exactly short of space!!

He's a bit of a hypocrit considering he's always preaching about driver safety in his role as head of the GPDA!

Edited by Retro_Link

Also thought Webber was a bit out of order...

He completely closed the door on kimi and put him on the grass, webber wasn't exactly short of space!!

He's a bit of a hypocrit considering he's always preaching about driver safety in his role as head of the GPDA!

Tbh webber has always been ultra agreesive like that; look back at him and Lewis at Germany where Lewis got a puncture or something going into Turn 1. Shame Kimi had his issue today or he would have scored more than Lewis and that REALLy would have helped Ferrari in the race for the constructors.

great race from Jenson; would have LOVED for Rubens to have taken it to Abu Dhabi but the Brawn just doesn't have the advantage over the rest it did 6 months ago and bad luck AGAIN meant he had to make another pit stop and so only came eighth :( That said i've been SO impressed with Rubens this season, he's been terrific and has given everyone a run for their money especially since Silverstone. Jenson got a lot of luck this season but it evens out over the last 9 seasons or so, so there you go. He's a fantastic driver and one of the best overtakers in F1, but I wouldn't rate him as high as Lewis, Alonso, Kimi, Vettel and Massa. Congrats to the brawn team too! Ross is a legend and it was so emotional watching him cry when the Beeb interviewed him because he hides his feelings so well and you've got to just admire the way he's kept so cool over last winter and this season.

Anyone else think Trulli was being a bit of a cock?!!

When you watch the replay I honestly have no idea what he's having a go at Sutil for; especially in the physical way he was!!

Go to 6:02

Yeah I can't really see what Sutil done wrong, he was just following his driving line. Trulli should have pulled out of the overtaking move as it was clear he wouldn't get through. Thought he was gonna lamp Sutil one at the side of track.

I do think the whole Brawn story tends to get exagerated somewhat. The way people often talk about it makes it sound like they didn't have a car until the last minute (when infact it had been developed for a whole year and was sitting there ready for race confirmation) and that they are a small team doing it all themselves on no budget (when infact they've had £100million backing from Honda this year).

However, no doubt things got extremely tense for them over the winter and full hats of to Brawn for galvanising that team and they did a fantastic job. And it was great that he acknowledged all the people who lost their jobs.

It'll be interesting how they move on from now, how will next years budget relate, will Honda still play a role... I guess Mercedes will get fully behind them no and that will do ALOT for the team.

Just had to post this...

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/091027101445.shtml

Hakkinen advises McLaren to keep Kovalainen

Former McLaren racer Mika Hakkinen has expressed surprise that the Woking-based team is on the search for a new driver. The Mercedes-powered team, driven by Hakkinen to back to back championships in 1998 and 1999, is openly contemplating a new team-mate for Lewis Hamilton.

But Hakkinen told Germany's Auto Bild that McLaren should retain his countryman Heikki Kovalainen.

"They're looking for a driver? Really? I didn't know," he joked while trackside at the DTM finale in Hockenheim.

While the leading candidate for Kovalainen's seat is another Finn, Kimi Raikkonen, Hakkinen believes Kovalainen's contribution to McLaren is underrated. "It's never one person who makes a big operation fantastically successful, it is teamwork," he insisted.

"If you look at the performances of Lewis and Heikki, you have to look not only at the black and white race results, but also what happens in the background," said Hakkinen.

"Those two do a fantastic job," he added, before adding: "If you look at the performances of Lewis and Heikki, you have to look not only at the black and white race results, but also what happens in the background," said Hakkinen.

"Those two do a fantastic job," he added, before adding: "Looking for a new driver? Why should they do that?"

Hmm I dunno Mika, possibly because he's yet to outscore Massa this season!! :woops:

Hakkinen may be an awesome driver, but he doesn't half come out with some crap at times, like on the red button.

Edited by Retro_Link

Just had to post this...

Hmm I dunno Mika, possibly because he's yet to outscore Massa yet this season!! :woops:

Hakkinen may be an awesome driver, but he doesn't half come out with some crap at times, like on the red button.

HAHAHAHAHAH owned! haha that's so funny :grin:

Mika used to say the funniest things i've ever seen an F1 driver say, mainly because you couldn't tell when he was being sarcastic.

Interviewer: Mika, a straight lights to flag victory and you made it look easy; was it?

Mika: Yeah it was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo easyyyy :) No, it wasn't easy at all.

Oh mika :love:

How Abu Dhabi will look:

Also just came across these two awesome pics of James Hunt, what a legend!!

No wonder Kimi would have liked to have been a driver in the 70's, fuck the constant stewards inquiries, rules and politics, F1 was so much more rock and roll and just focused on the racing.

Nowadays your seen as a rebel just for eating a magnum in the back of the garage ;) let alone...

jameshunt.jpg

jameshunttshirt.jpg

Well at least Kimi's bringing the hair back!

Anyone else want to post some of their favourite F1 pictures?

Edited by Retro_Link

Wait... Abu Dhabi is a night race? I thought it was a day race. Not that I've really been following it but yeh, thought it was just a normal, bog standard day race. Guess it's just Ecclestone trying to liven things up on the calender then. A night race at the tail end of the season, though, isn't exactly the greatest idea but hey, who am I to argue with reason :indeed:

Yeah that's the rumour.

In other news...

No Donington

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/79826

Raikkonen says McLaren the only option

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/79831

LOL at todays driver press conference!! :laughing::laughing:

The drivers present were Kimi Raikkonen, Fernando Alonso, Jarno Trulli, Adrian Sutil...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/79825

Q. (Ian Parkes – The Press Association) Question to Jarno and Adrian: I'm just wondering if you two guys have settled your differences after your exchange of words following your first lap accident in Brazil?

JT: I think we're going to discuss it probably tomorrow in the drivers' briefing and in the GPDA briefing. Obviously it was very disappointing to end the race like that, especially on the first lap. Obviously I think I had every reason to be extremely furious. I've got all the evidence to show that I was there, I was next to him, so I think tomorrow we are going to discuss it.

AS: I think there's nothing to discuss. It was a quite obvious incident. In the end it was very disappointing for myself, even more, I think, because I was the one who was just driving and he lost control of his car and crashed in my back, so it was not my problem, it was his problem. I don't know why he's freaking out like that, to be honest.

JT: (Laughing) If you want, I can show you some pictures. I don't know if you're blind but they clearly show you that my front wing is next to your front wing, so...

AS: Yeah, but you're trying to overtake me on the outside on the kerbing. There was not a problem...

JT: So you mean… you didn't move there…

AS: No, you were just not going off the power. The same happened in Barcelona where you lost control again and crashed again into a Force India car. You just have to sometimes also…

JT: I just lost…

AS: ...expect the limits of the car. If there's no way to go, you have to back off, that's how racing is, and I don't know how long you want to learn it.

JT: In Barcelona I spun and he hit me because he tapped the kerb, he completely cut the circuit and he didn't slow down, so basically… Anyway, I think it's better…

FA: (to KR) Shall we go?

AS: No, no. Watch the race in Barcelona. I didn't hit you, you hit me. I don't know what's the problem, but maybe your eyes are a problem.

JT: I don't have any feeling about him.

AS: I don't understand, really, sorry.

Q. (Alan Baldwin – Reuters) I was actually going to ask a similar question, but maybe the two of you can agree on what you said after the incident in Brazil, because obviously Jarno was seen to be gesticulating and saying quite a few things. Could you just tell us what was said at the time?

JT: I was furious because I said 'didn't you see me?' I mean, I was next to him and he kept pushing me going outside until I was obviously on the kerbs. I couldn't believe…

AS: …the kerbs, not a problem to be on the kerb, I think. Where's the problem?

JT: Ok, no problem, it's OK. As long as we know the rules.

AS: I know the rules.

JT: Fantastic.

eiuplj.jpg

Edited by Retro_Link