• The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening/DX
    • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time/Master Quest
    • The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
    • The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
    • The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
    • The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
    • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
    • The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

There's a decent enough correlation between Zelda 1 + 2 and FF 1 + 2.

You could say MM is X-2 because both are direct sequels. :wink:

Can't we just agree that FFIX is Wind Waker and Twilight Princess is X?

Because other than that (and FFVII=OoT), I can't see any other similarities. For example, what about FFVI? Or the handheld Zeldas? Those can't fit.

FFVIII is more like the Wand of Gamelon of FF to me. :laughing: (Seriously, don't compare it to MM...:nono:)

How dare you soil this thread with FF references:laughing:

Where as Link To The Past is Final Fantasy IV, the best out of them all which everyone has forgotten about

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Can't we just agree that FFIX is Wind Waker and Twilight Princess is X?

Please, at least Twilight Princess had a game that was playable that had awesome characters in it, final Fantasy X is the complete opposite :laughing:

Edited by killer kirby

It's funny how things turn out. In 2002 all everyone wanted was an 'adult Zelda', instead we got Celda. And now in the long run, seems more people prefer Wind Waker. Me too i think. For some reason Twilight Princess just wasn't very memorable. It's a shame because Nintendo obviously worked so hard on it, and all the pieces are present... they just don't gel together for some reason. Or maybe i'm just older and more cynical than i was when OoT came out. Maybe that's why i didn't enjoy it as much.

On topic, i love the N64 era Zeldas, but OoT wins by a big margin. MM had some stunning elements, like the music and emotion. But it felt a bit messy compared to OoT. OoT just got everything right.

Or maybe i'm just older and more cynical than i was when OoT came out. Maybe that's why i didn't enjoy it as much.

I don't think so. If you look at Super Mario Galaxy, it generally feels right and was well-received. A bit hard to get used to, but not disappointing in any way. All the enemies look as they should and in every way it feels like Mario done properly (same goes for Wind Waker).

Then if you look at Twilight Princess, much of it really didn't feel right. There are no Moblins or Octoroks, and none of the enemies looked as they should, really, some of them completely wrong like the Dodongos. My prediction is that the next time Nintendo makes a truly great Zelda, we'll realise Twilight Princess really was slightly sub-par, rather than look at it with rose-tinted glasses.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Yeah great going there...KingV I know actually loves FFVIII and was joking. And as I pointed out...FFIV was re-released in 3D and people still don't really care, comparatively.

Stick that in your fanboy piehole. :p

There are no Moblins or Octoroks, and none of the enemies looked as they should, really, some of them completely wrong like the Dodongos.

Maybe you're right. I can't even remember what the Dodongos in TP looked like. Whereas the OoT Dodongos are etched in my brain. I can't remember ANYthing much about TP. I still think it's harsh on Nintendo, cos there's nothing very specific wrong with TP, it's just a general feeling of something not right.

Maybe you're right. I can't even remember what the Dodongos in TP looked like. Whereas the OoT Dodongos are etched in my brain.

Just like real gekko lizards.

Please, at least Twilight Princess had a game that was playable that had awesome characters in it, final Fantasy X is the complete opposite :laughing:

I was talking about fan reactions (as in TP got mixed reactions from older fans of the series. So did FFX)

I haven't actually played FFX, so don't ask me to compare the two in actual quality/gameplay.

It's a shame because Nintendo obviously worked so hard on it, and all the pieces are present... they just don't gel together for some reason.

OoT just got everything right.

I do think this is correct. TP lacked that guiding string to mesh everything together.