Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Wrasslin' thread

Jav_NE

Also with the guest hosts, I'm thinking maybe they'll end it after Mania.... anyone know if The Rock is down to do one? He did mention it during his promo during the Smackdown 10th anniversary show?

I believe he is doing a stint around Summerslam, like Hart is at the moment with McMahon.

oh i cant see the Hart/McMahon match to be any good, hopefully there'll be a interference to liven it up, the two of em couldn't wrestle for any length of time

EDIT: I remember who it was now

Edited by Sec

• 4 weeks later...

Wrestlemania is just round the corner, is anyone else watching it?

I will be but I'm not really getting that big MANIA vibe this year. I don't know they didn't seem to have done a great job in building up most of the matches and rivalries as previous years.

Also what happened to Smackdown this week on Sky Sports? It wasn't on? Instead it was some recapp preview episode... but there was a Smackdown show on... why didn't they show it, the last Smackdown before Wrestlemania and they don't show it... WTF?

Anyway, match predictions:

Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels - Streak vs Career

Me being a big Taker fan of course I'm going to say Taker will win. Though I do believe if anyone should be the one to get the historic title of "He who beat Undertaker at Mania" it should be Shawn... however I also got tickets to the Raw Wrestlemania Revenege Tour in Dublin and Shawns name is oddly missing from the list of wrestlers due to be on the Tour, so I suspect he won't be around because he lost this match.

Hopefully it'll be as good a match as last years though.

Bret Hart vs Mr. McMahon

Looking forward to this just because I never thought something like this would EVER happen, didn't think it would be possible. Don't know how good of a match it will be though, Vince is getting old and Bret is fairly over the hill too, had this happened maybe 5 years ago at least it would have been better. But still the history behind this match will certainly add to its atmosphere. I'm sure they'll be some interference, maybe from Shane? Wonder would any other Hart get involved too seeing as they'll all be there?

I'm gonna say Bret to win with the sharpshooter.

(Plus can't wait to see Bret in Dublin on April 10th, main reason I got the tickets, haha)

WWE Championship Match

Batista (Champ) vs John Cena

Kinda looking forward to it though they didn't do the best job in hyping it up as they could have. I like Cena but he's been using the same gimmick for ages now it's about time they made some kind of change. I'd like to see them somehow make him do a heel turn but it would be bloody hard to do I guess.

Anyway I got a feeling Cena will win.

World Heavyweight Championship Match

Chris Jericho (Champ) vs Edge

Again given both characters recent history in the last year the build up to this could have been a lot better. Having Edge return and become a face must have been a hard thing to do but having him focus on his move the Spear and turn that into some sort of catchphrase was a stupid idea. The more he repeats it the more the word itself makes no sense. That said I think it could be a good match. I think Edge will win followed by a quick heel turn because that's what he does best.

Money In the Bank Ladder Match

Kane vs Kofi Kingstong vs Evan Bourne vs MVP vs Christian vs Dolph Ziggler vs Shelton Benjermin vs Jack Swagger vs Matt Hardy vs Drew McIntyre

Jesus christ? 10 people? Didn't they usually only have 6 people in this match before? I guess they just couldn't figure out anything else for some of them to do and increased the entrants for this match so they didn't leave people out. Either way I expect this will be an entertaining match. With high flyers like Evan, Kofi, Shelton, Matt in it their will likely be a lot of high bumps and a lot of carnage. I wouldn't be surprised if after it at least one person ends up out for a while with an injury.

I'm hoping for Kofi to win.

Unified Tag Team Championship Match

Big Show & The Miz vs John Morrison & R-Truth

While I like Morrison and R-Truth, I still can't figure out why they were given this Tag title chance when there are a number of actual tag teams that have been together for ages that deserve it much more, like Cryme Tyme. And how Miz is still the US champ I don't know, I was expecting him to drop that so that they could have a match for that at Mania, same with McIntyre and the IC Title... it's like both titles have become forgotten. I actually want ShoMiz to retain but then again I'd like them to lose so that Miz can get back to defending his US title.

Triple H vs Seamus

Again like others not a lot of hype or enough of a rivalry built up to make this feel like a Mania match. Seamus' character also hasn't been handled too well. I liked when he became champ but I hated that he never actually "won" any defences of it. Always by DQ or losing by DQ but still retaining the title. K, they've done similar things with Edge and Orton and the past but at least with those they would actually make a pinfall a few times too. I reckon this'll be a bit of a short match too for some reason.

For the winner as an Irishman I have to back Seamus, haha

Triple Threat

Randy Orton vs Cody Rhodes vs Ted DiBiase

This should be a ood match, and it's the only one with some real good history and build up behind it. Full expect an all out brawl, Cody and Ted will team up on Randy at the start but of course as always with these things will eventually turn on each other. I can oddly also see Orton turning face after this, he's kinda halfway between heel and face at the moment as it is now. Orton to win also.

CM Punk vs Rey Mysterio

No a bad build up for this match even though they only really started it like 2 weeks ago with Reys family. Looking forward to this one, want Rey to win but reckon Luke will interfere... would be interesting to see what would happen if Rey was forced to join Punk though???

10-Diva tag team match

Yawn...... what? Will be some good eye candy and they have done some decent build up for it. Though would have been better to have titles on the line. Beth Phoenix to get the winning pinfall.

however I also got tickets to the Raw Wrestlemania Revenege Tour in Dublin and Shawns name is oddly missing from the list of wrestlers due to be on the Tour, so I suspect he won't be around because he lost this match.

REALLY??? oh McJ will be pissed if Micheals looses he has tickets to the same event and he's a huge fan.. tho if he looses he'll only be gone for like 2 months and back again. he still has years more left in him surely?

thats the only one i'm interested in well that and Hart v McMahon, neither can wrestle anymore so ya there'll be plenty interference. oh and Jericho v Edge cos i'm a Jericho fan and'll like to see him win, he plays the whiny heel very well P.s your totally right bout the whole "Spear" thing too

don't know if it's me hoping.. but my prediction for

shawn michaels vs undertaker:

believe shawn will win but it certainly won't be a clean win.... Something is going to happen especially since shawn wanted a no holds barred match.. It also feels like shawn " needs" to win at all costs.. Perhaps something like wrestlemania 17 where vince interupted to help stone cold.

I have no real prediction for any other match to be honest I haven't been keeping up so its hard to know.

REALLY??? oh McJ will be pissed if Micheals looses he has tickets to the same event and he's a huge fan.. tho if he looses he'll only be gone for like 2 months and back again. he still has years more left in him surely?

thats the only one i'm interested in well that and Hart v McMahon, neither can wrestle anymore so ya there'll be plenty interference. oh and Jericho v Edge cos i'm a Jericho fan and'll like to see him win, he plays the whiny heel very well P.s your totally right bout the whole "Spear" thing too

Ha damn right! :)

OH if I had to guess as well I think edge will win :D Sorry

Mcj, you going to the show in Dublin on April 10th aswell... where abouts you sitting, I got tickets in block B

I was just watching the Hall of Fame, Sky Plus'd it last night, and even though it said "Live" it bloody well wasn't, with ad breaks yet when they returned it was just where they left off. And then they only showed 3 inductions in full... skipping 4. And one of the 4 they skipped was Stu Hart, the one I wanted to see most. Why the hell did they do that?

Mcj, you going to the show in Dublin on April 10th aswell... where abouts you sitting, I got tickets in block B

I was just watching the Hall of Fame, Sky Plus'd it last night, and even though it said "Live" it bloody well wasn't, with ad breaks yet when they returned it was just where they left off. And then they only showed 3 inductions in full... skipping 4. And one of the 4 they skipped was Stu Hart, the one I wanted to see most. Why the hell did they do that?

Who knows. Didn't they show last years in a similar manner as well?

The same could be said of the entertainment show itself :wink:

QFTMFT!!!!

If you don't like it, then you don't post here. This thread isn't here to discuss whether or not you disapprove or dislike wrestling. It's here for fans.

I don't go into the football thread and bitch.

anyway impressions on wrestlemania..:

I was impressed, certainly better than last year...

as I said before the bret hart match was fucking stupid, but every other match was quite awesome.. even john cena and Bautista suprised me..

Shawn and undertaker was awesome but was disappointed with the result

:(. I do believe shawn will be back though

Edited by mcj metroid

If you don't like it, then you don't post here. This thread isn't here to discuss whether or not you disapprove or dislike wrestling. It's here for fans.

But why shouldn't we? It's the same as to why bother posting in a thread where you just bitch about the game in the series? It's all about the die hard fans having that little bit of faith that one day, that thing they loved so much may be revived again and come back to it's former glory. And that little bit of hope will never die, so from time to time old time fans do come back on hoping that it might have something awesome...only to die, so we bitch...I don't really see the problem really. As long as we state why. (Ok, so I didn't state why in my last post :heh: But I would love to see wrestling interesting again IMO)

But why shouldn't we? It's the same as to why bother posting in a thread where you just bitch about the game in the series? It's all about the die hard fans having that little bit of faith that one day, that thing they loved so much may be revived again and come back to it's former glory. And that little bit of hope will never die, so from time to time old time fans do come back on hoping that it might have something awesome...only to die, so we bitch...I don't really see the problem really. As long as we state why. (Ok, so I didn't state why in my last post :heh: But I would love to see wrestling interesting again IMO)

no it would be more like me bitching about gaming in general in a thread, as opposed to invididual games.

I mean this thread is grand for bitching about matches, wrestlers or events you've seen, not the entire thing.

but i'm getting that you're an old fan coming back and complaining, thats cool :) I just thought you were of the " wrestling is always shit" variety ha

I'm not completely innocent here mind, whenever a big brother thread is created I moan at least once and then i'm done :D

wrestling is always shit

No offense, there bub, even if you do like it, you're living in denial if you actually believe it's not shit. I mean, I used to love it, I even went and saw it live here two times, but never even once have I actually deluded myself into thinking it's a good thing just so my ego could be validated for enjoying it. I respect you liking it, but you don't have to pretend.

Thicker skin required.

It was just a bit of playful banter, nothing more.

we all here love wrestling for the entertainment it gives us whether it be good i.e HBK V Undertaker or bad Hart V McMahon anlong with other questionable moments which have been posted in video form above

:)

EDIT: i am sick tho of people bitching constantly about the vadility of wrestling as real not saying anyone here doing it but just youtube FREAKS deciding to post generic "Wrestling Fake Proof" videos is the only kind of bashing i detest, fucking loathe

Edited by Sec

No offense, there bub, even if you do like it, you're living in denial if you actually believe it's not shit. I mean, I used to love it, I even went and saw it live here two times, but never even once have I actually deluded myself into thinking it's a good thing just so my ego could be validated for enjoying it. I respect you liking it, but you don't have to pretend.

think you misunderstand me. I'm not a MASSIVE fan anymore. It's not as good as it was a long time ago. I just watch wrestlemania every year and then done until next year. I can't really watch the main shows anymore, It's just something I've watched every year for about hmm 15 years maybe( not always live mind but now the joy of the internet helps with that)

I enjoy it, it's a guilty pleasure and I don't care.

Anyone know where I could find a video of the Bret Hart vs McMahon match, not got Sky so obviously I didn't watch it. I just want a bit of a nostalgia trip how ever poo I keep hearing it was.

hm Guess i'd wait a few days. I can only find one but it's only 4 minutes and without audio. Can't find any other one sadly.

Thicker skin required.

It was just a bit of playful banter, nothing more.

hmmm ya ok.. ;)

On a side note, the setup was pretty slick. i always like to see what the arena looks like for wrestlemania and that lowering middle thing i thought was pretty cool. little bit of redecoration for the stage my fave still has to be 21 i believe which had a screen on the base of the stage

Well we just finished watching it here, fully enjoyed it. Despite the build-up over the last few weeks not feeling like Wrestlemania to me the event certainly did and loved it.

Tag title match was a nice opener, but a bit short I thought.

Triple Threat was enjoyable and thought the turning point of when Cody and Ted turned on each other went alright. Looking forward to see where Orton goes from here, will he continue to be face or go back to his snake like heel ways.

Money In the Bank was awesome, some good set ups. Loved Evan doing the shootingstar from halfway up the ladder (though hoped he'd do it from the top), Matt and Christian took a few good bumps. Thought Christian was gonna win it, he seemed the more likely during the match and I was already imagining a Christian vs Edge (had he won) rivalry. Don't know about Swagger, he's alright 2nd tier, but can't see him as a top teir title holder. Wonder will he be the first to cash in Money In the Bank and not win the title?

Rey vs CM Punk was good too, really enjoyed that. Nice ending, I thought Punk was about to win the way it seemed to be going, nice counter by Rey.

Bret vs Vince, well knew it wasn't going to be a wrestling match of any kind, though thought they might at least start the first 5 mins or so with a proper style match. Thought it was cool to see the Hart Family out there but thought it could have been done better. Like my suggestion in my predictions Shane might come help Vince followed by the Hart family helping Bret. Ah well, still was good to see Bret put the Sharpshooter on Vince.

HHH vs Seamus was better than I expected, surprised to see Seamus getting technical in the start and using submissions. There were a few times it looked like he'd win it too, shame he didn't. Would have loved to see him at the Dublin show just off the back of a Mania win.

Edge vs Jericho was alright, thought it was a bit slow to start but picked up in the second half. Actually surprised Jericho retained... guess they want to keep Edge as a face a bit longer cuz you know once he wins a title he'll be heel right away.

Cena vs Batitisa, again a bit slow to start, but picked up very well in the 2nd half. Enjoyed the match and the finish was good too, nice bit of counter chaining going on. Surprised it ended on a submission though. Liked Cena's entrance too, though not as big as he'd done in previous years (my fav was the gangster one he did, think it was WM 21?)

Undertaker vs HBK... well OMG, what is there to say, just pure glorious. The wife and I were watching, I was rooting for Taker she was HBK, too of us shouting and cheering whenever our respective person kicked out or went for a finisher. The match could have ended at any number of times and still been great but it just kept going. When Taker got the Hell's Gate locked in I thought it was over, never seen anyone get out of it when it was locked, surprised as hell when Shawn got out. Then an out of no where Super Kick, thought was it but Taker kicks out, phew. Then outside to table and Shawn setting up Taker on it and doing a bloody Moonsault from the ring. Holy Shit, was expecting his normal elbow dropped, couldn't believe it when I saw a moonsault. Also got a bit worried about Taker after that. King on comentary seemed very worried about Takers leg and sounded like he thought his mic was off. Shawn rolls Taker in the ring, Sweet Chin music, surely it must be over... but again no. Then later Taker delievers one hell of a Last Ride, I thought this has to be it, even if Shawn is meant to kick out that looked like it knocked him out anyway. But OMG again up goes the shoulder. The end was great, and certainly fitting of the final match of the night. Was surprised at first it wasn't one of the World Title matches but neither of those could have followed that match, it just have to be main event bill. Was good to see Taker lift Shawn back up and give him a moment to say his goodbye. Sure we'll prolly see him again in 6 or so months anyway (likely when HHH needs a Tag partner again :heh:) Wife is a little upset now though as it confirms Shawn won't be there in Dublin... guess I am too, haven't seen him at a live event yet and would love to... well hopefully next time if/when he returns.

Just watched it. Pretty good, actually. Most of the matches were exactly what I wanted them to be, except...

-Swagger won? Really?

-Sheamus should've won. I demand a rematch.

-Jericho winning... as an Edge fan, this was unacceptable.

Also, I miss HBK already :(