NEurope
Choze

God of War III

Just killed the fucker. That shit was insane!!

Indeed. I was gobsmacked at the sheer scale of that event.

I did squirm a little when I tore his finger nail out. :D

I did squirm a little when I tore his finger nail out.

:D

What's the replay-ability like?

I seem to be whizzing through the game, albeit, that's probably because I play the game 5 hours straight, every time I turn on my PS3.

But I can't help myself, it's such a good game.

What's the replay-ability like?

I seem to be whizzing through the game, albeit, that's probably because I play the game 5 hours straight, every time I turn on my PS3.

But I can't help myself, it's such a good game.

Its got the Challenges on like the other games and then theres plenty of trophies to grab on a second playthrough if you haven't used a guide the first time around. Im looking forward to playing through it again on Titan difficulty, but trying to get the Platinum Trophy on FFXIII is sucking all my time away at the moment.

I dunno whether this is the worst, or the most perfect time to mention this. But I predict all the hype and love for this game won't be the same in 6 months time.

I understand everyone right now playing this is thoroughly enjoying the stunning visuals, the high production values, and the epic scale. All the makings of what a typical big budget video game is these days, but what about this is so great and different from the past renditions of God of War?

Outside of the bigger bosses and visuals I mean?

Not every game series needs a major reboot after every entry. Yeah this is just more of the same but with more stunning visuals, music etc. But when a series plays and tells a story this good, who cares?

Looking at the reaction from the people playing over on Gaf & G-Faqs it looks like its what the fans wanted and im certainly chuffed to bits with the whole game. Like Uncharted its a reason to have a PS3.

I do recommend people play through the first 2 though, otherwise you won't have a clue whats going on at the start. :D

I dunno whether this is the worst, or the most perfect time to mention this. But I predict all the hype and love for this game won't be the same in 6 months time.

I understand everyone right now playing this is thoroughly enjoying the stunning visuals, the high production values, and the epic scale. All the makings of what a typical big budget video game is these days, but what about this is so great and different from the past renditions of God of War?

I dont know. People play the same COD/MOH style fps for more than 10 years. Maybe because they are fun?

I'd give it an 8/10. It does exactly what you expect it to do and just the little bit unexpected extra.

Had it not been for Uncharted 2 though, I'd have notched that up to a 9. Man, Uncharted 2 was amazing.

I doubt much will change in 6 months time. When did the first two GOW games come out? As far as I can tell everyone is still loving the GOW Collection. I am still stunned by GOW II.

I did squirm a little when I tore his finger nail out.

:D

Ha! Me too! Was grim.

The bit where you just keep smashing Hercules' face in was, in short, fantastic. Brutally thrilling. It let out my inner American Psycho. :heh:

Edited by Daft

Im looking forward to playing through it again on Titan difficulty

I did this right from the start, but now:

Zeus is kicking my ass. Wonder what this will be like on Chaos Mode ._.

But hey:

the "aMAZEd" trophy in Titan Mode. I did it in one run withoug dying or letting Pandora die (like you had to do it) and getting the trophy after the labyrinth felt so good. :D

I'd give the game a 7/10, maybe 8/10, depending on what the ending will be like.

It is a good game, looks amazing, the sound is great which makes for a great cinematic experience but there aren't that much new gameplay elements.

The weapons aren't that great. The Cestus is too overpowered in some fights and the other 3 are just too similary designed.

GoW 3 provided puzzles that couldn't grip me. Besides the garden (I hope you know what I mean, don't want to use spoilers again) there was nothing that would make me say: "Ah, so that's how it's done...cool".

Maybe I shouldn't get hyped for games anymore (well, GoW 3 has been the only game besides Mass Effect 2 that I've been hyped for since SSBB) because I get disappointed everytime.

I have to agree with Tissue Town here:

but what about this is so great and different from the past renditions of God of War?

For a guy like me who wants changes, who wants something new...something new in a bigger scale than the GoW trilogy has had throughout its three games, GoW 3 is not as good as I thought it would be.

I'm not saying that GoW 3 didn't do anything new, because that would be ignorant, but it's missing something, just like Mass Effect 2 did.

Well, I guess I'm just nitpicking because the game is still fun.

I was planning on writing a long list of reasons why you are wrong, but you'd probably reply with 'IN MY OPINION'.

So I will post this image instead:

2r58arb.jpg

I was planning on writing a long list of reasons why you are wrong, but you'd probably reply with 'IN MY OPINION'.

I most definitely would because that's what I gave: my opinion (yeah, I said it).

Well well, I'll move on to defeating the last boss.

I most definitely would because that's what I gave: my opinion (yeah, I said it).

Well well, I'll move on to defeating the last boss.

Sorry if I seem like an asshole, but you seem to be arguing just for the sake if it.

Sorry if I seem like an asshole, but you seem to be arguing just for the sake if it.

Maybe I am.

It's just as dwarf said.

Contradiction?

Yup. This is why at this point of a very hyped games cycle, in this case, God of War 3, the most hyped up fans who are clearly at the peak of the ecstasy of playing the game will accept nothing less than a 10/10 type opinion, maybe 9/10. This is by all means objective and anyone who disagrees is most certainly wrong.

Playing this game was just so damn good. Someone needs to invent a word for epic x 100, because that is was it is. It's now the best game I've played in 2010.

So many moments will stick with me for ages to come, hey Hermes, love ya legs ^_^

Playing this game was just so damn good. Someone needs to invent a word for epic x 100, because that is was it is. It's now the best game I've played in 2010.

So many moments will stick with me for ages to come, hey Hermes, love ya legs ^_^

That scene was hilarious! :D

Yup. This is why at this point of a very hyped games cycle, in this case, God of War 3, the most hyped up fans who are clearly at the peak of the ecstasy of playing the game will accept nothing less than a 10/10 type opinion, maybe 9/10. This is by all means objective and anyone who disagrees is most certainly wrong.

Except you're making a sweeping generalisation. I'm a massive God of War fan and I'd give this an 8/10. I'd probably have given it a 7/10 but I've just completed it and really want to replay it, which very rarely happens.

Then again, I'd give Mass Effect 2 a 6/10 because it's a mess of a game.

In fact the only game in recent memory that springs to mind that deserves full marks is Uncharted 2. Phenomenal game.

I am near the end. What a journey. Probably my favourite single player game this generation. :D

Love the GOW universe and characters.

Finished up the last God, and what a ride it was! It might be short, but it's nothing I've ever seen before in terms of sheer scale and all-out action. Makes Dante's Inferno seem pretty claustrophobic, and that's saying something. =p

One for the times, my friends. One for the times.

Finished! A minor complaint involving

I was all satisfied thinking the trilogy would end with both Zeus and Kratos being brutally crushed by the narrator Gaia, and then they ditch it in favor of the cheese-filled sequence that follows

. Also the Hermes item is criminally under-used

Still a hell of a ride from start to finish

God-of-War-III_2010_03-08-10_10.jpg

God-of-War-III_2010_03-08-10_11.jpg

This whole sequence looked better than most movies. The art and graphics are insane. Loved the music in this bit too.