N-Europe

Dragon Quest X: Rise of the Five Tribes (Wii/Wii U Online RPG)

killer kirby

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm surprised the Wii version didn't have an orchestrated soundtrack, but then again, that's like Dragon Quest VIII. The Japanese version was MIDI and the Western releases were orchestrated (with MIDI tracks kept when necessary - eg. Piano Bar). I suppose it's all about time constraints.

I'm surprised the Wii version didn't have an orchestrated soundtrack, but then again, that's like Dragon Quest VIII. The Japanese version was MIDI and the Western releases were orchestrated (with MIDI tracks kept when necessary - eg. Piano Bar). I suppose it's all about time constraints.

Ah, I was going to ask about DQVIII - was under the impression it was all orchestral. Didn't know the original Japanese relase was synth. I still like 'midi' when it's done well of course.

• 1 month later...

Dragon Quest X Wii U gets a date, new hardware bundle

The Wii U version of Dragon Quest X finally has a date.

Set to launch on March 30th in Japan, the Wii MMO will be expanding to players of Nintendo's new HD system. This enhanced version of the game will include updated visuals as well as Wii U Gamepad support. The beta test for this version is scheduled to begin on March 6th.

The game itself will come priced at ¥6,980, or downloaded at half off at ¥3,490 for those who previously purchased the original Wii version. A special black Wii U hardware bundle is also being prepared. It will include a copy of the game, the system, a Pro Controller, a ¥1000 Nintendo pre-paid card, and an in-game item code all for ¥42,000.

More information on the bundle and beta test can be found on the game's official site.

wiiud.jpg

http://wii.rpgsite.net/news/2249-dragon-quest-x-wii-u-gets-a-date-new-hardware-bundle

Just expanding upon H-O-T's point and the cover is the same as the Wii version.

Edited by Wii

That's much earlier than I had expected!

Good news for Nintendo in Japan. Should complement Game & Wario nicely. I don't think it or G&W will make for a large jump in hardware sales, but they should help keep the console afloat for a few weeks at least.

That's much earlier than I had expected!

Good news for Nintendo in Japan. Should complement Game & Wario nicely. I don't think it or G&W will make for a large jump in hardware sales, but they should help keep the console afloat for a few weeks at least.

I dunno, Dragon Quest is one of the big 3 in Japan. It is one of the only franchises that is guaranteed to sell consoles. The other two being Pokémon and Monster Hunter.

I dunno, Dragon Quest is one of the big 3 in Japan. It is one of the only franchises that is guaranteed to sell consoles. The other two being Pokémon and Monster Hunter.

I would say that any DQ title should cause a healthy bump in hardware sales and this will be the definitive version of X, so I'm hoping for some good numbers.

This is a re-release of a game that is already playable on the Wii U. It's not going to result in a significant hardware bump...

Will you be trying the beta on your Japanese Wii U?

This is a re-release of a game that is already playable on the Wii U. It's not going to result in a significant hardware bump...

Well some players might have been waiting for the Wii U version. Or even want to "upgrade".

Will you be trying the beta on your Japanese Wii U?

The game is IP blocked... so unless he's willing to pay for a VPN, he won't be able to play.

Well some players might have been waiting for the Wii U version. Or even want to "upgrade".

I'm sure that there will be quite a few people who will upgrade. That half price offer to people who own the Wii version is a fantastic deal. That being said, I really don't see it bumping the hardware sales significantly - many people who were interested in the Wii U version would've already have bought the console in order to get free beta access anyway and the Wii version is of course already playable on the console.

It'll help, no doubt, but it's no saviour.

Should see a bump but I wouldnt expect anything major. At least the Japanese are getting another game as they really need it!!

• 2 weeks later...