N-Europe

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Dante

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Multiplayer is fun, especially if you're playing with friends. I had some of the best Multiplayer nights ever playing with a party full of forum members.

Although it does just tend to become a rush for the same weapon spawns, similar to Gears of War. With the person holding the Grenade Launcher or whatever being the one who usually ends up winning. It would have been better if it used custom load-outs or classes.

Still, definitely gonna check out the new map. And Donut Drake FTW!

• 3 weeks later...

Right, so played the first 7 or 8 chapters of this and it truly is stunning. Daft seemed to laud it as the new benchmark of the medium (correct me if that's BS), and I can definitely see why. The voice-acting, lip syching, jaw-dropping cutscenes, incredible employment of lighting and camera angles define a really immersive experience. Gameplay-wise, does it tail-off, or is it this good throughout?

Right, so played the first 7 or 8 chapters of this and it truly is stunning. Daft seemed to laud it as the new benchmark of the medium (correct me if that's BS), and I can definitely see why. The voice-acting, lip syching, jaw-dropping cutscenes, incredible employment of lighting and camera angles define a really immersive experience. Gameplay-wise, does it tail-off, or is it this good throughout?

Good throughout and the multiplayer is insanely excellent.

No, you're dead on. :heh: However the game isn't perfect and gameplay wise I would say it lulled three quarters through (I think I stopped playing it for a couple weeks - I do have a short attention span), but then picks up for the end...before an awful last boss as dwarf said.

I actually didn't pick up on half the things I loved until my second play through. You'll probably notice just how brilliant it is when you play another game. It made Assassin's Creed II look and feel like crap.

I agree about the game tailing off 3/4 into it. Primarily that was down to the mechanics becoming a tad repetitive before the final credits rolled. But if any single-player DLC was to be released I'd be there in a heartbeat.

Speaks volumes in my opinion.

It's a balance, if you go for less gunplay and more puzzles you essentially end up with Tomb Raider. I think the action elements of Uncharted are what makes this game stand up as the 'blockbuster' it aims to be. As with any epic - the journey is just as fun as the destination.

I've been playing this for a bit and... whilst it is a really great game, the only thing bothering me is that it doesn't seem like much of a detachment from its predecessor. I went from completing the first game for the first time to playing the second game in the space of an hour, and it just feels like the first game is carrying on with a new story.

It looks a little bit better, and they swapped D-Pad Up with R2 (why?) and changed the way you throw grenades (why?) and took away my heavy combo (hmm) and Elena fell off the map like a Bond Girl but other than that it just feels like the same game. [EDIT: please don't respond to this with spoilars]

Don't get me wrong, I don't have a negative feeling about the game, both titles have been a hell of a lot of fun, but I just thought there would be... a bit more.

Also wtf: They were in Borneo for 3 months looking for Polo's crew... and they turned up in a cave a few minutes walk away from the camp. How could Drake have been the only one who thought "hmm, maybe I'll check the mountain"? A similar thing happened later with the hotel. They're looking for higher ground and the city's tallest hotel happens to be just around the corner? The right temple is 10 minutes walk away? Also where the heck are all the people in this city?

and it took 20 minutes to install updates before I could play the game, what is up with that? is this a console or a PC in a shiny box?

Hm... I still managed to complain. I'm loving the game, I'm just much better at venting the things that niggle me than I am at praising the bits I enjoyed.

Edited by Shorty

I agree it is pretty much identical to the first....but...its refreshing to see a high end sequel like this that is so confident that what they did first time was great, that they left it pretty much untouched. If it aint broke etc.

Re; Elena, I assume you havn't got to the toxic mutant factory bit yet?

The right temple is 10 minutes walk away? Also where the heck are all the people in this city?

Well Drake makes it a bit more than a ten minute walk, plus I think that's being slightly pedantic (which you probably realise as these are just niggles like you said) seeing as you wouldn't want to trek across a whole city to the furthest building, that would be bad game design.

As for the lack of people, well there's tanks and shit everywhere so I definitely wouldn't be outside!