N-Europe

New Mafia Game - Signups

Cube

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple more: SpongeBob SquarePants and Fairly Odd Parents.

How about chairdriver's? He's had one on standby for a long while, now. Anyway, I'd be interested in joining this, but I have a terrible time schedule. I should be able to go on in the evening most days, though.

He said he's busy at the moment.

I hate being N00bish, but could someone possibly explain what a mafia game is?

People always post a link to some page that explains it, but that page is - to me, at least - very confusing.

The basics are: People are divided into two groups: The Town (townies) and the Mafia (Mob). Nobody knows who is who except for the Mafia, who knows the other Mob members.

The game runs in a day-night cycle. Each night, the Mafia kills one of the townies. When you're dead, you are not allowed to post in the game anymore. Each day, the townies discuss in the thread who they think the Mafia is. They vote for someone to lynch off, and when a majority has been reached (sometimes there's a time limit), that person gets lynched/killed, and the next night begins. The objective is to kill the other party.

Now, for the townies to even stand a chance, some characters get special powers that can help them out. Every night, that person can choose to use his or her power. The standard roles are Investigator/Cop/Detective, who can target someone at night and get information about the person, and Protector/Doctor, who can target someone who can then not be killed that night.

More complex games have more complex roles. Many (like this) are universe-based, meaning everyone is a character from a particular universe and has powers accordingly. The powers can also be very complex, and in some games there are neutral characters who have very specific win conditions.

It is not allowed to speak about the game outside the thread except for the Mafia, who can speak to each other. The game is very tactical and brainy.

Hope that helps.

I see I see, ok. thanks :) But where is the actual game...space, surely not just in the thread?

All the shazam happens in one thread except for the mob (who talk to each out of the thread) and sending in what your doing for the night (PM to the game master)

I see I see, ok. thanks :) But where is the actual game...space, surely not just in the thread?

...Yeah, it's all in the thread :heh: The game is basically talking with each other, so it works.

Except for the mafiosos, who can talk secretly outside of the thread through PM/MSN/Private Forum, etc.

All the shazam happens in one thread except for the mob (who talk to each out of the thread) and sending in what your doing for the night (PM to the game master)

...Yeah, it's all in the thread :heh: The game is basically talking with each other, so it works.

Except for the mafiosos, who can talk secretly outside of the thread through PM/MSN/Private Forum, etc.

So it's kind of like a game of cluedo in a thread, but better and more complicated. It sounds good, maybe I'll watch this one to understand and then play next time?

So it's kind of like a game of cluedo in a thread, but better and more complicated. It sounds good, maybe I'll watch this one to understand and then play next time?

It´s pretty easy to learn as you play.

You can also check the old game threads to get a perspective on how it works.

UFF

I'm in.

When i saw the first post saying that there were 5 spots left, and then watching that after Vicar (the last spot), there were thousands of posts, i almost had a Heart Attack.

Anyways, i'm in.

Edit: Also, my suggestions are (a lot of work to find out the English names):

Wacky Racers.

The Pinky and the Brain (THE PINKY AND THE BRAIN... THE PINKY AND THE BRAIN... ONE IS A GENIUS... THE OTHER'S INSANE!!!)

Johnny Bravo

Scoobie Doo

Doraemon

Fairly Odd Parents (Something like that, i don't remember the English name, its a show about a little kid named Timmy, or whatever, that has 2 Fairies who help him with the wishes he wants, i remember laughing a lot at that show)

And if Disney Movies are allowed:

Hercules

Mulan

And that's about it

UFF

I'm in.

When i saw the first post saying that there were 5 spots left, and then watching that after Vicar (the last spot), there were thousands of posts, i almost had a Heart Attack.

Anyways, i'm in.

Ooops sorry, that was my doing!

Anyway, I'll take a stab at it, why not...I'm in.

That's what I've done. This is my first actual game. They are actually incredibly fascinating to read - like a crime novel. They are quite adept at robbing me of a few hours without me even realising it.

The second one is the best, really. With so many suspicious-looking people, and the killer was the only one we thought to be innocent.

I've been in all the Mafia games and run one myself, they're crazy addictive, watch out! I think the first game was the best, before everyone started deducing theories about game mechanics and theories based on other games and the characters started becoming gimmicky, and tried to run a Bare Bones mafia but it didn't have quite the same spirit to it.

Hopefully this Mafia will be as entertaining as some of the earlier ones, and might be fresh since we've had a few months since the previous one.