N-Europe

Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection

Cube

Sonic 3&K really deserves to come out on XBLA, but i'm not too sure of it because Sonic 1 and 2 came out a LONG time ago on it (and on the Wii)..argh.

It does deserve to be released, Sonic 3 is out on the Virtual Console, same as Sonic 1 and 2. Its just Knuckles isn't available on the VC, and neither on XBLA inc Sonic 3 which is yet to be released.

They must be planning something with ommitting it from the collection.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could dig out my copy of Sonic 3 and Knuckles right now if I wanted to but I have played through it a good few times so I think I'll wait for the inevitable XBLA re-release, though I do have a Megadrive sat on my desk right now >> but thats only 'cos I have a 32X hooked up to it and I was playing Knuckles Chaotix which I got today, awesome game ^^ hope they put that in a collection at some point as I know a lot of people would like to play that one I'm sure.

Definitely. Oh well, when it is rereleased, I can't wait to play it again!

Still thinking about our S3+K marathon though. Gotta happen :D

yes definately! Found my GC memory card yesterday and gave Lava Reef and Hidden Palace a run through, epic stuff. But if you don't have a copy of it how are you gonna play it :( eBay Sonic mega collection now dyson, NOW!

Defnately the best platform gave i've played; better than Super Mario World imo.

OK, if S3&K isn't on this collection, my plan is to dig out Sonic and Knuckles Collection (the PC game, I have it somewhere), rip the iso, copy it to my netbook, plug the netbook into my TV, plug in my usb controller and use my netbook as a mini mega-drive :P

OK, if S3&K isn't on this collection, my plan is to dig out Sonic and Knuckles Collection (the PC game, I have it somewhere), rip the iso, copy it to my netbook, plug the netbook into my TV, plug in my usb controller and use my netbook as a mini mega-drive :P

Your determination to play S3&k impresses me :D

I think a petition is in order to get the game to XBLA lol.

The comments and details behind that review also state that there's no S3&K lock-on. Well, I think with that I am going to cancel my pre-order :) Will save some money at least.

You where getting it just for S&K3? You can buy SMC+ for PC for less than a fiver. Besides there's tonnes of other good games on the disk.

Like I said, I already have it on the PC. I wasn't getting it just for that but the thought of playing that again, on my big telly and letting my flatmate and g/f play through one of my favourite gaming experiences ever (for the first time, for both of them) made me place the order straight away.

Now I probably won't get it for a long time, maybe secondhand or when it's a budget title. And I assure you I was far from the only one who cancelled when they read this.

Hmm, ok I've given it some more thought (and Nami has offered to pay almost half of it) and I think I'll get it anyway. 1) I want to be absolutely sure the lock-on features aren't just super hidden, 2) classic arcade titles 3) Vectorman 4) co-op Golden Axe.

Sega Blog US talks:

"This ‘Sonic 3 + Knuckles’ feature wasn’t included for Sonic’s Ultimate Genesis Collection. I spoke with the producer for Sonic’s UGC, Ethan Einhorn, who definitely understands the nature of hard-core Sonic fandom. We had a good conversation about the game, and I got Ethan’s official explanation for why Sonic 3 + Knuckles wasn’t included: “To shore up the development time necessary to get “Lock-On” to work in Sonic’s Ultimate Genesis Collection, we would have had to drop all of the bonus games from the disc. Faced with an either/or scenario, we chose to retain our title lineup in its entirety.”"

Sega Blog US talks:

"This ‘Sonic 3 + Knuckles’ feature wasn’t included for Sonic’s Ultimate Genesis Collection. I spoke with the producer for Sonic’s UGC, Ethan Einhorn, who definitely understands the nature of hard-core Sonic fandom. We had a good conversation about the game, and I got Ethan’s official explanation for why Sonic 3 + Knuckles wasn’t included: “To shore up the development time necessary to get “Lock-On†to work in Sonic’s Ultimate Genesis Collection, we would have had to drop all of the bonus games from the disc. Faced with an either/or scenario, we chose to retain our title lineup in its entirety.â€"

What the...really?!

Argh atleast give it to us on VC/XBLA, god dammit it's killing me!