N-Europe

Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection

Cube

I have that version. It never felt right so I barely played it.
Did you ever notice all the art work that came with it? There was a screensaver that installed with it, without even telling you. But it was an awesome screensaver with loads of Sonic/Knuckles/Tails/Robotnik animations and a lot of cool art in the background. All the art was stored somewhere in a folder on your PC when you installed the game. I remember just finding the images on my PC once, years after having the game, never even realising they had been installed.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jammy gits!

Australians who preorder the enormous Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection from select stores will be able to snag a rare treat, in the form of a blue vinyl record containing classic Sega tunes.

The Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection (Genesis Ultimate Collection in the states) collects more than 40 classic Sega titles on one disc for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, with tweaked graphics for true HD gameplay. Even if that weren't worth $56.98 to Australian customers, the preorder bonus surely is. Limited to 3,500 pieces, the Limited Edition Vinyl Soundtrack contains six classic tracks from Sega's past, with Vectorman, Space Harrier, Golden Axe, and Ristar, all reproduced on a gorgeous 12 inch album. Seriously drool-worthy.

The album is exclusive to Australia, so if you'd like to get your hands on one you have two choices. Either watch eBay like a hawk come the game's late February release date, or quickly befriend a local. Oh Luke?

They are probably only getting that as a bonus because Australlia usually gets treated like shit when it comes to games releases, it's just the developers way of pretending that they give a damn, oh and boosting sales of course :p but damn... would love to get my hands on one of those. :)

Unlocking:

Altered Beast (Arcade) -- Earn 100,000 points in in stage one of Altered Beast (Genesis)

Alien Syndrome (Arcade) -- Complete stage one and two of Alien Storm without dying.

Congo Bongo (Arcade) -- Finish stage one of Streets of Rage with all three characters.

Fantasy Zone (Arcade) -- Earn 80,000 points in Flicky.

Golden Axe Warrior -- Use magic ten times in Golden Axe 3.

Phantasy Star -- Finish act 1 of Sonic the Hedgehog 2 with two players.

Shinobi (Arcade) -- Finish stage one of Shinobi 3: The Return of the Ninja Master without dying.

Space Harrier (Arcade) -- Earn 1,500,000 points in stage one of Super Thunder Blade.

Zaxxon (Arcade) -- Collect five coins in DecapAttack.

Sega + E.U Blog:

I’ll answer this then… Sonic & Knuckles is not combinable with Sonic 2 or 3 in the collection I’m afraid.

Also Sonic CD is a Mega CD/SEGA CD game so perhaps it will materialise another time should SEGA do a compilation of games that were launched with the console add-ons. I’m sure lots of you would like a chance to play some of the 32X titles for instance.

Sonic CD is also available on the Sonic Gems Collection incidentally.

Sega + E.U Blog:

I’ll answer this then… Sonic & Knuckles is not combinable with Sonic 2 or 3 in the collection I’m afraid.

Also Sonic CD is a Mega CD/SEGA CD game so perhaps it will materialise another time should SEGA do a compilation of games that were launched with the console add-ons. I’m sure lots of you would like a chance to play some of the 32X titles for instance.

stop releaseing them speretly! its confusing enough as it is.. just release it as sonic 3 and knuckles for the rest of enternity and get over it!

Sega + E.U Blog:

Boooo!! Stupid Sega, what the hell are they thinking? There's still a lot of good games in this collection though.

I'm still thinking maybe this guy who posted doesn't have a clue. He didn't actually work on the game or anything, as far as I can tell his job at sega seems to be guy-who-blogs-and-runs-a-fansite.

Did you have to do anything to unlock S3&K on the previous titles, like complete them on their own first?

I'm still thinking maybe this guy who posted doesn't have a clue. He didn't actually work on the game or anything, as far as I can tell his job at sega seems to be guy-who-blogs-and-runs-a-fansite.

Did you have to do anything to unlock S3&K on the previous titles, like complete them on their own first?

In sega mega collection on the cube you had to play the other games so many times or something to unlock them.

In sega mega collection on the cube you had to play the other games so many times or something to unlock them.

Ah yes the memories of sitting loading up sonic 3 something like 50 times and just quiting straight away and then reloading it up....

actually it wasn't that quick check of gamefaqs shows;

Sonic 2 & Knuckles; Play Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and Sonic Spinball 20 times each.

Sonic 3 & Knuckles; Play Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Sonic & Knuckles 20 times each

Seriously, it's not really a deal-breaker Imo... it just means that Sonic 3 and Knuckles will eventually get a bigger and better XBLA release that it deserves... for all we know Sega could be planning to redo it with HD visuals etc as well as retaining the original game, either way a full XBLA release is pretty much a given and this collection as it stands is still epic. :)

I think it was about 20 times per game to unlock each new game.

With this apparent info of Sonic and Knuckles not being compatible with Sonic 1, 2 and 3 on this collection, they may have lost a sale from me. The Mega Collection had this feature, and Sonic CD was one of the finest Sonic games made. Oh well, heres hoping a collection with all of these games on one disk comes out i.e. a ultimate Sonic Collection.

Seriously, it's not really a deal-breaker Imo... it just means that Sonic 3 and Knuckles will eventually get a bigger and better XBLA release that it deserves... for all we know Sega could be planning to redo it with HD visuals etc as well as retaining the original game, either way a full XBLA release is pretty much a given and this collection as it stands is still epic. :)
You're living in a dream world, dude.

You're living in a dream world, dude.

Ok so the HD revamp won't actually happen but I'm sure they will release Sonic 3 and Knuckles as a full arcade game, why else ommit it from the collection?

Unless they will just put it in a 'Sega obscurities' collection or something, I know it isn't really that obscure but if it was going to go in a collection then I guess it's possible that we could see a collection that may consist of S&K+2 and 3, Knuckles Chaotix, Sonic CD and then a whole load of genuinely rare and obscure games such as Kolibri etc to make into an actual collection.

Idk but, leaving it out of the collection obviously means that they will release it, just in a more lucrative way... maybe a Sonic and Knuckles XBLA pack is the more obvious choice, containing S&K +2 and S&K +3... either way, they are up to something... >>